Getting information from the server...
  • Hi, If i want to linkup my icecast2 to my airtime, It just gives a notification with 

Getting information from the server...

How to fix this?
    Airtime config:  http://imgur.com/lxt4kiA

Thanks for reading,, ;)
  • 14 Comments sorted by
  • Try removing the source username?
    You don't have a user called source.

• Nothing wrong with your Icecast configuration.
    Just

1. Change the stream type in the Airtime settings to mp3 and save or
    2.  if you want to use Ogg then you need to create a separate ogg mount in Icecast that looks like this (/example.ogg) in your case the mount point would be /stream.ogg
    • make sure you save your settings
    • if you did any edit to Icecast xml ,you also need to restart the Icecast
    • There is an example of the configuration in the icecast xml for ogg
    • When you install Airtime it defaults to ogg because of the fact that ogg is open source but the corresponding change is not in the icecast xml

Good luck

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • @Voisses Tech 
    So just change type to mp3? this doesnt work
    Post edited by jonathan148 at 2015-04-20 12:01:52
  • oops double post
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-04-20 15:54:14
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • so lets troubleshoot

PLEASE NOTE THESE STEPS ARE FOR VERSIONS >2.3 AND < 2.5.1.6 .I CANNOT say if it will work for 2.5.2 and beyond

Lets start with a fresh icecast install ( cannot bother to look for errors)

at the command line uninstall icecast with this command

sudo apt-get remove icecast2 && sudo apt-get purge icecast2 && sudo apt-get autoremove

• remove will uninstall icecast
    • purge will remove the configuration.note that in some versions of ubuntu you can use  purge alone
    • autoremove will clean up waste files
    now install icecast  back

sudo apt-get install icecast2

answer yes or use the default if it asks any question

after you install test if Icecast server is running by going to

http://localhost:8000
    you should see a page of the icecast status (if not Icecast may needs to enable)

If the icecast server is on another machine
    then you might need to change the

Server field
    to and IP  like yours but if not localhost  will be sufficient

Now go to Airtime stream page and type in

the password field    hackme
    the admin field         admin
    the admin password hackme

Make sure the stream type says mp3

fill in some details of the other fields

then save

if you are still not connected post some information from

Icecast

sudo /var/log/icecast2/error.log

sudo /var/log/icecast2/access.log

and from Airtime

you can use the real-time log to see what is happening

sudo airtime-log -t liquidsoap

or the general log

sudo pico /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log

You may want to look at my submission here

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15654/airtime-troubleshoot-for-dummies-like-me-basic-things-you-can-do-to-see-under-the-hood

or check the manual for a guide

If then everything works then you can customise icecast 2 as per below

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-04-20 15:56:01
  • You should configure your icecast server xml before you open it to the public after everything is working and so make the changes as per below

you must change these

<authentication>
            <!-- Sources log in with username 'source' -->
            <source-password>hackme</source-password>
            <!-- do not put source as your password -->

<!-- Relays log in username 'relay' -->
            <relay-password>hackme</relay-password>
             <!-- do not put relay as your password -->

<!-- Admin logs in with the username given below -->
            <admin-user>admin</admin-user>
            <admin-password>hackme</admin-password>
             <!-- do not put admin as your password -->
        </authentication>

Use something different and make sure

• You save and restart the icecast
    • You change the settings in your Airtime and save it,If you do any change in Icecast xml
  • AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = FAILED

It still doesnt work
    Post edited by jonathan148 at 2015-04-21 10:52:50
  • Picture me where I am and you send that message to me ! Its so vague.

So lets start again

• 1. I need to know the operating system you are on so   go to a  terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T)
    in you are on
    if  you uses Airtime <2.5.1.6  type this

airtime-check-system

I can hardly help you if you are on 2.5.2

• If you have the Airtime GUI up  then change something in the stream setting (like just add an 's' to the description) then click on save and   

• then go back to the  terminal and type 

sudo pico /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log

•  Give me the log information from the end.Starting from the notification  box which is a set ********

Now go to the  Ice cast logs and give me 

sudo /var/log/icecast2/error.log

sudo /var/log/icecast2/access.log

Now what you provide me with

AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = FAILED

points to a configuration failure with Airtime and not a connection error

What I gave you was the fixed for connection problem which everyone experience when you install 14.04

Now Lets be clear

If you call your phone customer services 

the main question they ask what type of phone you are using (regardless if they supply it) so I need to know what version of Airtime you have and what operating system you are on

Here are question unresolved from above

1.  Is your Icecast Server up and running
    2. Are you using the default configurations I gave above
    3. Is your Icecast server on the same machine or remote hosts

Pleas provide the forum with better information for help.

• https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15654/airtime-troubleshoot-for-dummies-like-me-basic-things-you-can-do-to-see-under-the-hood

in number 3 suggest to send your logs so others can help you.

You do not need to dump the whole logs just provide the information I asked
  • I uninstalled airtime, What a shit-program
  • What! What! :((  :((

so lets do an exit interview

• What brought you here in the first place? a different or viable solution!
    • What can You contribute to make it better?
    • did you follow all the recommended steps? where are the logs.

So take any device you have personal or in your home,stare at it and ask yourself

What did it take those genius to come up to this idea?

I guarantee you none of those developers took your approach.!

Roll yourselves up  and Lets get to work man.

This is not a Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD)

Go over to My tunein and look at my demo/test 

http://tunein.com/radio/Caribbean-Experience-s200915/

and You will see ,it can be done.

Guess What ? ask anybody in here "I am the biggest,arrogant, annoying Fool in Here".If I can do it

Yes You Can Young One 

Work Lets Get to work

• Just because you were not able to do something yourself you label the effort of many people "shit".

Bravo! Such a mature move.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

Just because you were not able to do something yourself you label the effort of many people "shit".

Bravo! Such a mature move.

voisses confusing advices were shit, that's all.
    no sense of troubleshooting but jumping on any topic...
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Another ogg success story  =))