2.5.1 Issues
  • I had Airtime 2.5.1 running on a different server, I have now installed new on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.  I didn't get any errors or warnings but now my "Station Time" isn't populating and none of my "Currently Playing" and "Next" displays are populating.

Then, after the tick of the clock to a new day, the interface starts freezing.  I can no longer add new songs to a playlist without refreshing the browser after dragging each song into the playlist.  (there are a few other issues that have come up too).

I have wiped out Ubuntu and reinstalled fresh twice now.  I have set my server clock to my timezone (Eastern US) before installing Airtime, then go straight into Airtime to set the timezone there to match.

Before the move to this new server, everything was OK.

Although, when I get a playlist to "Play" (I can get it streaming to my Shoutcast server - on a different physical server) I have music playing.  But on the Airtime GUI nothing is displaying as "Now Playing" and the "On Air" indicator doesn't "light".
  • 16 Comments sorted by
  • I'm not sure what's going on with your rig. All I can do is confirm that those issues are not happening on my end with 32bit 14.04.1 LTS. I had to search a fix for aptitude update to work properly, but after that is was pretty straight forward. Did you manage to update your server before installing airtime?
  • This last time I did not update the server just to see if that was the issue.

Attached is another screen shot of what's going on: I have a show playing, but nothing is actually indicating that it's playing.  Yet on SHOUTcast it's all streaming fine.

Now I'm guessing when I come back tomorrow, the interface will be freezing up again like it always does after the turning of the 24 hour clock.

I can't remember, but I may have had this on a 32bit machine last time.  If I can't figure this out, that'll be my next step.  I'm running this and a separate SHOUTcast server on Linode so it's pretty quick and easy to burn and rebuild.
    1915 x 499 - 145K
  • Your problem seems to stem from where your media folders are pulling from or if you are using watch folders.

If you are using using some form of share folder (NFS or SAMBA) try
    •  loading using sshfs
    • used a local cache or temporary folders for all media you want to use

You can seen from the file progress to the left

VOISSES

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Just a caveat and  to inform you I used
    2.5.1.6 on Ubuntu 14.04 AMD 64Bit ,works perfectly

VOISSES
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Just a caveat and  to inform you I used
    2.5.1.6 on Ubuntu 14.04 AMD 64Bit ,works perfectly

VOISSES
  • Just a thought........ is the file owner www-data? ;)
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.

• Just a thought........ is the file owner www-data? ;)

My suspicion is almost right with limited information,
    look in the left hand corner of capture 4 jpeg submitted, you will see a file progress.
    I had that problem before when all my files was located on a different storeage,each time I move from layout to layout it was just constantly updating even freezing when I use windows computer

VOISSES
  • Debian Wheezy y'all
  • I had weird issues with some stuff not playing and others playing - in the same folder. Then I noticed that the ones that did not play were not owned by www-data. I had uploaded from the control panel ftp :/. I CHOWN'ed the whole folder tree & contents to www-data and it all worked.
  • I've had this issue. It has to do with ApiController.php. Check your zendphp.log in /var/log/airtime/ and post the error(s) here. Basically, your API is tossing an error and not updating the header and java calls. Just about everything info-wise is done through the API.
    Post edited by jason lee at 2015-01-05 09:35:48
  • This is the only error I'm seeing in the zendphp.log

2015-01-05T11:46:26-05:00 INFO (6): [index.php : () : line 81] - SQLSTATE[42703]: Undefined column: 7 ERROR:  column s.image_path does not exist
    LINE 9:        s.image_path,

• In ApiController.php /usr/share/airtime/application/controller/ comment or remove the lines that contain s.image_path. Keep a back-up of the original.
  • OK, my first issue logged in as Root - "no write permission for this file"  I'm new to editing PHP files here.
  • using sudo? you probably should do.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UsingTheTerminal

• OK folks, reinstalled on Wheezy this time and everything is back up and working properly for now.  Not sure what I was doing wrong - and I know this was my fault - but with my limited knowledge of Linux, that was my solution.

Sorry I couldn't resolve without any answers, but we needed to get this back on track ASAP.

I appreciate you all for your time and suggestions.
  • I wouldn't use the console. Root can read-write anything, so you are likely not using sudo (root is disabled by default on ubuntu) to edit the files. If this is self hosted, you might think about webmin or some other front-end to handle your files. This way you don't have to remember as many console commands.

You could share the folder through FTP (not advised), but it's an alternative.

As John advised, if you're unlocking root, it's a pretty bad idea. You should have an admin login you set-up on install that all you need to do is use su or sudo.

Either way, glad you got it working on 12... Just don't update :P