My business is suffering. How is yours?
  • If anyone one is reading this and agrees please vote this post up.
    I, for one, am getting tired of airtime's write-only answers.
    We
    need solutions and solutions now. Really - we waited patiently SO long.
    We heard the ' We are too busy to
    address your petty concerns post cos we are doing important sh*t on other projects' posts. Buys nothing for me after a year....
    We have uber coders in here. There are many other solutions and options.
    WE ARE NOT HOBBYISTS. At least I am not.
    Airtime is not magic. It is a buggy python gui for liquid soap with a dodgy calendar.
    Voisses has done really extraordinary stuff (and we dont get on - but repsect!) OUTSIDE Airtime to fix it
    I have done my stuff OUTSIDE Airtime to fix it.
    So My friends.. My business is suffering. How is yours?
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-12-16 21:46:05
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • 54 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Albert SantoniAlbert Santoni
    Hi guys,

When Liquidsoap starts playing something, we actually fire off an HTTP request back to Airtime (in a convoluted way), which then lets us log the media item in our playout history.

The function that gets called is notifyMediaItemStartPlaying() in ApiController.php.

If you want to hack realtime TuneIn API updates into Airtime, looking at that function would be a good place to start. You could try to modify it to make a request to the TuneIn API every time it gets called...

Thanks,
    Albert
    Airtime Developer @ Sourcefabric
  • I love it :D. You can see 300,000 years of civilization rolling backwards one glass at a time..
  • Voisses Tech -- you are a fool and are disruptive to this forum. You are an Airtime fanboy and if anyone writes about anything wrong with the software, you go on the attack. But that's where the foolishness of yourself comes in: Your English is broken, your thought process is in the non sequitur realm, and anyone who values their time will skip right over your posts full of complete nonsense. Why don't you start trying to be useful? The problem here, is that I know you are not capable of this.

If I'm driving you crazy, don't read my posts. Just like I usually skip over yours because I know they're coming from a time waster trolling fo
    r attention, who can barely write a complete sentence with proper punctuation and grammar.
    934 x 550 - 92K
    Post edited by Bob Larson at 2015-01-07 09:06:00
  • And when somebody says - 'OK can you do better?' Sure. Next. This did not go well.

Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-12-16 21:55:40
  • Never an Heart feeling?

as my friend used to say

"I come here to learn.To learn the real sh**.The One they never want to tell you in school,or to tell you the real truth,That the Real world is a real Fa** and that all you learn in this building will never be used but you have to adapt to the real world playing and saying what they want you to do and any day you realised the truth .RUN!RUN!"

RUnning
    VOISSES
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • I thought we might adapt 'the real world' to what we need.
  • Well shoot! Can you fix my TuneIn reporting bug with fdk? :-\"
  • @Rodger Wilco.
    You still griping on that Tunein Go Look at mine
    http://tunein.com/radio/Caribbean-Experience-s200915/
    when music is playing .
    I do nothing but copy  the script as is here and bam its all good.

Either you have something personal with me expect but I have nothing and do not care a rat's ass so go sit down and code or keep crying like a cry baby.

The one thing I find is that if you have the same metadata (like a two hour show) tunein will only show live.
    I have a solution for that and is testing.
    But keep crying wilco,Here is a baby bottle,a soother and I am putting you in your crib.Go sleep

:-(( (:| :-((

VOISSES
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-12-17 14:28:26
  • Voisses -- if you can get your solution to work reliably with my fdkaac enabled Liquidsoap setup, great! Thought you already stated you couldn't do that since it isn't a 100% vanilla install though? Maybe something was lost in translation? PM me a quote and the estimated time you think it'll take to get running. I private messaged you several days ago about this and you never responded.

John -- want it to work directly with via Liquidsoap, nothing external. No cron jobs. Bill's script is good, but breaks with fdkaac outputs for some odd reason or another. Same deal as VT, give me a quote and time to completion and we'll make it happen.

:-c
  • As I said no for a million but If I can do it for free I will.I have many project but maybe I can give you a Christmas present which I will do in the public arena so lets start with the three command I need

• dpkg -l fdkaac 
     that is minus common L

• liquidsoap 'print(%fdkaac)'
    • airtime check system

I see you pm. its just information but I am not an email person so your best bet is doing all in public, that way we all can see. no searching

VOISSES

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-12-17 18:16:00
  • I think you could use my cron job until you get the other running. At least something would be getting posted. I think I must not understand the problem as I can find nothing inherrently bad in using a cron job and Airtime uses lots of them. It is all 'update proof'. Alas, I am busy developing a mutiple caller phone-in component for use with Airtime and buried with work.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-12-18 06:32:53
  • Oh Johns Hack its https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/16848/tunein-updater-code-for-talk-shows-etc-updates-with-show-info-tested-on-2-5-1

I think too much work for me to set cron job and I am a paranoid freak,I want to see whats happening

It is just a simple php script that looks in the airtime database for what is currently playing. It then sends that to Tunein. That is all it does.

You can run it manually for testing from the command shell.

I have not included much NSA or CIA code so you should be ok ;) A tin foil hat may help.

The cron job is just an alarm clock that fires the script at regular intervals, to update Tunein, and usually takes 30 seconds to set up - normally from the server control panel. You just select the file path to run and the frequency that it is called. I could have set it up in the time it took to post this.

Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-12-18 10:06:28
  • Yeah but like tunein metadata should be updated in real-time not some arbitrary interval and stuff
  • See I tell you your issue is a simple fixed. Its not codec related.

Here is the test

see information on tunein of the files in your stored directory,ie.your autodj list will show up

•      Now enable back any of those schedule stream and  there you go. a simple fixed,I can tell you fixed that

VOISSES

• In my case a track can be 2 hours long. Tunein decides after 15 mins that I am off the air. So that doesnt work for me either.

You could change my script to only send if it has has changed since last poll. Two lines.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-12-18 13:05:12
  • @Albert Santoni

Follow me here and I show you how easy it is.

I actually told people about about an issue in one previous post,but never realised that without that fixed the Tunein api I wrote  would only do autodj,if you did not implemet the fixed

I did a full install to include FDKAAC and found the issue and for my machine which has the fixed ,I would never see that error but Its an easy fixed

This is Roger Wilco christmas gift (Santa is here)

Any body do what I instruct him to do will see the error I just talk about in enable and disable schedule Item.Try it and prove me wrong.

you can see mine on my testing tunein here
    VOISSES
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-12-18 13:10:44
  • Hi Satan! oops Hi Santa! ;)

• If you have Talk show or Live show where  it  send the information at 00minutes ,Tunein will time out ( show "Live")  after a number XX minutes if no  information is sent to it.I am trying to to that time period and then to inject a sweeper which will like reset the information.

But the fixes is easy.

VOISSES
  • I just keep sending the same data every 3 mins while the show runs. It seems quite happy with that.
  • I want to do something like that I have an insert meta data similar to Radio Nova  ,which I used to send Artist and title from external program, I am going to tweak it to do that over the christmas

Thanks for the suggestion

VOISSES
  • Let me say This  about business.Once someone say to be

"If you get a job either develop skills for that job because you love it or develop skills to move to another Job you Love,Otherwise you will become frustrated  at your current job and it will always just pay your bills and you will die in poverty"

I did php years ago,I was so rusty, i never touch anything relate to it,I sat down the other day and honed my skills back and trust me it makes python a two day lesson.

You can do a lot with PHP HTTP Request, Turn almost anything open source into any logs.grab information from the dumbest software that outputs gibberish.
    Couple with curl you become dangerous.

But I never takes Job with pressure,That's why I am hungry most time ,for food and Knowledge for the Next Job. (is this My Anger Management!)

I love Charlie on "Two and Half Men" and in my new life I want to be him.

Walk away from Job which will blow a blood Vessel in Your Head

Do a Business You Love
    No a Pay check you love

Airtime afford the opportunity  to do wonders,There are so much under-cover user who come in this Forum and gather Knowledge and go out and is building Models from it.

Found even my name on another forum,I feel good about that.,but nothing sweet me like Last week a guy who always ask me question was doing a live show  and Guess what he install Airtime and did the live show.

I love it that's why I am here not to complain but find answers.

Good Luck and if your Business is suffering because of you,

Not necessarily a Job but any particular person but it maybe
    because you have not delegate properly" Thanks for my last boss, to have said this to me.

What Makes you Successful is finding the right person to do the Right Job and that do not mean you are the Only right person.

Use this as the Maxim to a better life,"Your Partner Might just not be the right person.

VOISSES

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-12-18 14:45:09
  • I would take more water with it next time Voisses. ;)

Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-12-18 14:25:26
  • Every three minutes ≠ realtime
  • Additionally, your set daypart schedule is updated separately and manually by tunein. If you give them your schedule, they will make the necessary show title updates to your station channel profile. That's the proper way to handle it. Everything else is misguided to say the least. The realtime updates are for commercials and artist/track updates, nothing else.
  • Well, I wrote it for my own purposes. I did send them my day schedules for a few weeks. They said they couldn't do it any more as it's too much work. They were expecting something like the same named shows at the same times, every day with weekend variations. I said the BBC listings are very detailed. I was told I was not the BBC! However, a new schedule upload system was being made. I heard nothing since.
    So, I made something that uploaded the show & track, which works well for me.
    I chose 3mins because thats about the length of a normal track and I didn't want to get killed for spamming their server. It seems to have worked.
    It would be very simple to upload only for every music tracks, when they change - but that would not solve my 2 hour long track issue - it would just say 'Live Show'.
    Anyway, good luck with your solution.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-12-18 16:21:45
  • Yeah well regardless you're still doing it wrong. It's for artist/track only. The BBC listings have roughly the same named shows at the same times because that's how you build an audience. Constantly changing things around makes that goal impossible. Television is the same way. You don't advertize your show starting at say 8PM Thursday then move it to Mondays at 6, then Tuesdays at 4... then expect to have a meaningful audience total.
  • Well, I am glad that you and Voisses have the answer working and don't need my assistance.

It may have originally been designed for that, but that doesn't help me or Krypton with talk stations, where we have timed slots by talk-genre, but different shows with different hosts & topics daily, within that genre. This is what the BBC do, largely. If I did it exactly to Tunein's guidelines, my station would just say Live Show for the whole day - and so would the BBC. Anyway, they were happy with my solution and are trying to expand the numbers of talk stations and the, now expanding, audio-book serials-based stations.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-12-18 17:17:04
  • I am but a humble space janitor patiently waiting for an uber coder to deliver a couple of lines of code in exchange for monetary compensation. Someone take my money. Anyone??
  • Albert Santoni gave everybody the clue above. He must still be chuckling.

The function that gets called is notifyMediaItemStartPlaying() in ApiController.php.If
    you want to hack realtime TuneIn API updates into Airtime, looking at
    that function would be a good place to start. You could try to modify it
    to make a request to the TuneIn API every time it gets called.

Example: Call my code to fire from that function, just before it exits. This is a real time solution and despite what someone else said above - there is no security hazard in that.

Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-12-18 17:31:31
  • Post edited by Roger Wilco at 2014-12-18 17:59:08
  • The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-12-18 18:13:00
  • Post edited by Roger Wilco at 2014-12-18 18:53:26
  • Darn

"MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL"  your mother  (or similar) did not tell you that?

"CHARACTER SHOULD BE THE GOAL OF EVERY EXISTENCE"

you are nothing if you have no character and as Abraham Maslow points out "Self Actualization"  is the greatest achievement. Money is needed for the basic survival needs and is found at the bottom of the hierarchy of needs.

Put what another boss tells me  you are nothing until you can walk up to the bar and said "serve everyone a round and the bar tender comply"

Too often I have gone to clubs and see people turn up and said " I am so and so" and the Bouncers refused them but a little man turn up and they say "Hello Mr. Joe Table 6"

VOISSES
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-12-19 10:24:28
  • @John Chewter;
    The tunein api is intelligent it does not print covers for sending the same data consecutively.Although it will show the current show (say Mongoose Runs Show Hour) ,when you log on,It will default to live when you listen

I did adapt my script (it was an easy thing to whip up) ,but you have to have like a rotation of the metadata.
    I have a clue how to do that.Maybe with a station Id
    Boy Oh Boy.I cannot thank Rodger for telling me something indirectly.

Oops I am outta Here

VOISSES
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-12-19 10:33:34

• Been there, done that. That is not what I see, probably because what I send each
    time are unique variations with differing time stamps that 'look the same'.

• I understand your frustration John. I'm having the same frustrations :)
    I regret a lot that I switched to Airtime, never had so much work with this sh*t. (because I wanted to be polite, I used '*' :p )
    In the mean while I'm using some nasty workarounds already in order get airtime 'stable' for a radio station, but those workaround make me wonder why I'm still using airtime. Like you said: it's liquidsoap, with a frontend. (it's more than a python gui  ;) )
    A few weeks ago I needed to make a small station, and I didn't want to use airtime anymore and I did it with liquidsoap alone. I first was sceptic about that, but liquidsoap on it's own works perfect.
    It's 'command line' of course, one time setup is more difficult , but once it runs...it runs.
    Airtime is completely the opposite..setup is more easy, but once it runs, you need to maintain it on a daily base.

Schelstraete Bart - http://www.contact-dance.com
  • I was amazed last week I went to upgrade a server with Airtime in 2012,it had on 2.3.never had the issues people suggest.
    From day One I suggest to people

• If you are a small station,do not through out your media playout such as itunes,virtual dj etc just integrate airtime into the flow,it does all your web features,the terrestrial part is solely hardware
    • If you are medium with remote dj etc Airtime is your thing
    • If you are large then you are willing to customize the thing the way you want.

now if I was doing a small station and saw someone put liquidsoap in there alone.I would fire him immediately.Cause there is so much free software and cheap software that works wonders with automation.

Take for instance with just $250US you get many headache free software (well so called) but its as is and you definitely have to wait until upgrades.You could "bawl blood" ie. cry tears fill with blood its just the way.

One particular software spends 4 years at version 4.1 it was the most pirated radio station automation software.You could get Keys with Virus Software from even Hell.

Why people Bash a Good Thing "Only God Know",Leave it alone and Go Do What you want.

If you cannot Spend time and money on a Good Woman Leave her alone

If you do not like you country or another country, Leave There alone.Do like Christopher Columbus and go discover something else. 

I am A Rivi Man,I never bash I love Airtime.

If a Big Company employ anybody who complain in here when the Boss call you tell him its the Software that's causing the problem.Hope its not Donald Trump.

So All whose Business is Failing  Post your business plan,Your Market Survey and Strategic Plans Here, and I will take a look at it and give you a Free Analysis of it and tell you All why you are Falling.

Do not have one of those.Then Right of the Bat you are Failing.

If you Even Have it on a Brown Paper Bag its a start.

Development is Development its short for develop, to add to or modify, why the heck I come here to read a post hoping its some new features and its a cry baby,:-(( :-((

go put that in either

• promote your station or
    •  announcement,

Or some people spend time putting issues in support - synonym to assist, to help,give advise
    while I can see with this it the wrong place to put it

Let me get personal  You all are Failing because you do not know what is right or wrong  or where to put things

You are like "selfies junkies" posting naked pictures and complain after that.

• Go put issues where issues to go
    • Promote yourself

and leave support and development alone.

But I bet you All would not do that,You All want to put it where it will be notice!

I bet you all want to ban me Voisses"aka Frank" Tech.

but I am so glad somebody in Sourcefabric Listen or Woke up and Stop Listen to You losers.

Check this out

https://blog.sourcefabric.org/en/news/blog/2956/2014-A-year-in-review.htm

Keep on doing what you doing sourcefabbie you soon drop these loser like Bammie (cassava)

I am drinking Rum on new years day and I am Gone......................sic

VOISSES

Stop stop sshhh I am hearing them

Can You.

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-01-01 18:25:09
  • Lolololol
  • As drunk as he says he is, this might actually be the clearest post i've read from Voises.

On topic however, i have airtime doing most things fine, it's still buggy, but it does the job on 14.04 even.

Our station isn't a business however, and only has a few random DJ's. I cannot imagine using this software for full-fledged stations with revenue, it just lacks too many features and is of course, still buggy out of the box.

Even so, there are almost no professional solutions that don't require large investments and/or a dedicated sound booth to feed out to the interwebs. This is the best we get without as much hassle. Sourcefabric "could" make a really good buck if they focused on this nitch market and started selling support and offering features people have requested. There is literally nothing better out there.
  • It's now 2015, and we still have no update. What's happening with the fork idea? Pretty much the only reason we're using Airtime right now is because of cost savings. If we could afford two servers, we would be running SAM or, hell, maybe we'll hookup an iPod connected via the headphone jack -- there's a one server solution. The iPod would be orders of magnitude more reliable than the glorified hodge-podge-pile-of-bugs-front-end-for-LiquidSoap: Airtime. Using Airtime in its current incarnation for a commercial station would be a definite no-no at this point in time. We're a non-profit station, so if our programming isn't perfect and if Airtime is glitchy, it doesn't really matter. For instance, sometimes Airtime will skip back to a previously played song all by itself (you can actually see the highlighted marker jump back). Other times if you add tracks to a show, it will jump back to a previously played song. The UI is complete crap, no Jukebox feature, 24 hour "shows" paradigm is completely stupid, and no play/pause/FF/rewind. It really amazes me how many years this thing has been under development and how awful the software functions. Sourcefabric is not interested in us, the community, and their responses are completely out of touch with reality. I have been involved in many different software circles over the years and have communicated with thousands upon thousands of people both in person and over email, chat, etc., so I know what good communication is. It's not happening here, and I'm not expecting it to.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein
    Post edited by Bob Larson at 2015-01-06 11:59:58
  • @Bob Larson

Did you read what I said above? Can you read what I said?

"If you cannot Spend time and money on a Good Woman Leave her alone
    If you do not like you country or another country, Leave There alone.Do like Christopher Columbus and go discover something else." 

Please go back and read.You are just Lifting your Tail and push the same crap out.
    This part is the development Thread and as such should be about developing something.(unless complaining is your job)

I do not think even if you could get your self a crystal , tied a piece of wire and use a dynamo to have some sound,it would make you Famous.Neither complaining will do.

Tell me have you ever used the other patented and full of legality OS? Who you gonna call "Ghost Buster!"

Now nothing wrong with you complaining but just Leave the Development and support blogs/help/thread to help other. Stop Spam The Thread

Please,Please,Please.I beg you.

There is a nice Thread out there "Promote Your Station" and "Announcement" Go there Please

You Driving me Crazy with your Cry Baby Syndrome."here is a baby soother"

As I said you are perfect indicator of the Failure.You say you are Non-Profit ,go run a fund-raiser,get some donation,go beg, but leave the people and their software alone.

If the technique you suggest was satisfactory for your endeavour,you would have being singing tweety bird with it,but evidently,you wasnt .

You seem to want everything free and too Lazy to be satisfied and your only contribution to the development and support of the software is to complain.

Bye Vanish,Be Gone

"Repetition is the mother of learning"
    and "Never leave a task undone/unfinished"
    "Do it with all your might until you get it Right"   are all contradictions  to that quote

But may be its applicable to You Cause you just walking around doing the same thing Over and Over and Over"

Read the quote or I will send you an "etch a sketch" ,"Slate","Blackboard and Eraser" and Back to Basic  class "Reading and Understanding"

"STOP DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER!"COMPLAINING
    or Guess what?  Your Are Darn Cr.zy

Dr  Voisses
    Madness Bsc.MD
    Alcoholic and psychosis PhD.
    University of  Foolishness (No Accreditation)
    Can you hear me!
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2015-01-06 22:23:31
  • jason lee said:

Our station isn't a business however, and only has a few random DJ's. I cannot imagine using this software for full-fledged stations with revenue, it just lacks too many features and is of course, still buggy out of the box.

I know a station right now,who saw me install this software and is now using it as a business.
    I tell you integrate Airtime  with any software you currently have.

Since you all thinking as a small station,with a "all in one" software. and although you all see this "all-in-one approach has consistently broke many automated software,you still advocate it still.

Big Companies like the add on approach, a module or plugin for this or that.
    Stop thing simple

Fast/Forward,Rewind and shuffle can be done with almost all media player Mixxx and Others
    Why do you want to integrate local features in a remote application.?

Here is a quote from one of liquidsoap developers

This has indeed been discussed in the past.

The technical difficulty is that liquidsoap cannot fast forward on a
    file. Therefore, the solution we discussed was a protocol to cut the
    file at the given cue point before preparing it.

The real difficulty is to make this work with distant uris such as
    ftp://foo/bar.mp3

As far as I remember, we had decided that adding start/stop cue points
    on local files was ok for the next stable release but that adding it
    to distant files would need more in-depth work that we would like to
    do after a stable release.

Would cue points on local files be enough for you?

and as you all know,the core of airtime is liquidsoap.

Airtime is not Meant to be your Local Playout software,its like Mixxx,you would want to have a mixer and possible an encoder to mix your Audio,if you want to do more than just djing.

VOISSES
  • Voisses, you have got beyond tiresome.
  • PLEASE ! ! kissing my teeth

I am expressing My Freedom to Speak just Like everybody else

Are you been cynical or condescending or is it for Laughter?

You have the ability to change the thread into something under "Promote Your Station" or some other thread.
    but you persist,by having people comment with what border to "stupidity"
    Asking for things they could go in the IRC and formulate strategy to fixed.

If I am no correct one person commenting here was offered help from the PRO -TEAM,which I warned against,Yet they come back here still "bashing"

Take for instance Ubuntu switch to Unity(since full adoption in 12.04) has nothing far from bugs,this is not an hidden secret,yet we all come to live with it.

You better stop throwing fuel and fire and running out the building crying "Fire!Fire!'
    As Peter Tosh said "If you Live Inna Glass House,Do not throw Stones"

Fixed the Thing and Leave me alone

I hate to see what Parents or Friends You all are.

VOISSES

Ps.This Post is a Joke.Everybody who Read and The Jokers who Assembly here are Time Waster including myself
    Do not make there Joker impression affect you.
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIISSES
  • Way beyond tiresome.
  • jason lee said:

I know a station right now,who saw me install this software and is now using it as a business.
    I tell you integrate Airtime  with any software you currently have.

Since you all thinking as a small station,with a "all in one" software. and although you all see this "all-in-one approach has consistently broke many automated software,you still advocate it still.

Big Companies like the add on approach, a module or plugin for this or that.
    Stop thing simple

Fast/Forward,Rewind and shuffle can be done with almost all media player Mixxx and Others
    Why do you want to integrate local features in a remote application.?

Here is a quote from one of liquidsoap developers

This has indeed been discussed in the past.

The technical difficulty is that liquidsoap cannot fast forward on a
    file. Therefore, the solution we discussed was a protocol to cut the
    file at the given cue point before preparing it.

The real difficulty is to make this work with distant uris such as
    ftp://foo/bar.mp3

As far as I remember, we had decided that adding start/stop cue points
    on local files was ok for the next stable release but that adding it
    to distant files would need more in-depth work that we would like to
    do after a stable release.

Would cue points on local files be enough for you?

and as you all know,the core of airtime is liquidsoap.

Airtime is not Meant to be your Local Playout software,its like Mixxx,you would want to have a mixer and possible an encoder to mix your Audio,if you want to do more than just djing.

VOISSES

Not that i want to step into this hornets nets...

I didn't mention anything about which features, let alone a rewind or fast forward.

A jingle system would be nice. Better voice support and stability improvements would be welcome as well. But this system is a far cry away from being a station management type system, it's simply not reliable enough.

Your drunken rants aren't really helping either.
  • "Tom might be Drunk But Tom is no Fool"
    May if you listen to the drunk you will learn a lot

A jingle system would be nice.

solution

First you need to established the time of day

The hardway

You create a show for xx minute at xxtime. you like and repeat it,link it and no end for the times .
    You can then create a smart block or playlist,even a webstream and fill the slot

The Easy way "for me"
    Create any time promotion or switch script with the time ,modified your ls_script and make sure anyshow you create will not overlap that time
    so if you have a 1 hour show with say two breaks (an intro and outro) at say 2 minutes before the start and two minutes before the end it should be left blank

Alternative Way

use Butt to bring in the jingle
    1. create an additional mount point  in streaming server below the main mount (internet dj Only).
    2. as a show source,then you can slot it in any way you want
    3. pipe the jingle to your hardware mixer and the take that out to butt
    4. invest in an ad-insertion software

• Better voice support

What the heck you talking about? now you are the drunk!

Tell me How I can go hook up some thing on my droplet or bucket in my cloud server or the hosting company I am using.

You do that through an encoder/stream client, could you have the definition of that word or use it in a sentence? Yes E-N-C-O-D-ER. where you can add all the features

You totally miss the point off Airtime,In the Air using your time. Get a trumpet if you do not see the Air in Airtime. Its not a broadcast console,a playout or media player.
    It integrates with these and interact with them.So it cannot do the terrestrial work of a station it will integrate  with it
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions