Registration and DJs pick the slot.
  • I wanted to know if anyone has had success with integrating some sort of registration method so people can sign up to be a DJ?

Also, is there a way for DJ's to pick their slots? Or allowing Program Managers to stream?
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Airtime carries two way to input streams from stream clients (dj,etc)

• Master     - arbitrary.You can log in at anytime once you have the master credentials
    • Show       - you program your show via the calendar for the show time

Both have to be done by person with at least a program manager credentials in the user profile.

I wanted to know if anyone has had success with integrating some sort of registration method so people can sign up to be a DJ?

This is not a logical solution in todays world.This would only allow a million and more spammers to register and if you do not have a verification process to just stream and there own will.but even with a verification system the script kiddies would have a field day on your system.

You can implement your own registration and then have an activation process to input the user.

Also, is there a way for DJ's to pick their slots? Or allowing Program Managers to stream?

There are improved user interface but you still need to program the slots for each person.

The program manager has calendar rights so they can make schedules but is like giving the front desk clerk supervisor rights except they are not to perform all the supervisory duties.

The single task of the calendar should be perform by the right person.

Good Luck

VOISSES

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • I appreciate your time, but rather than beat around the bush, I will just tell you exactly what I am trying to accomplish. I did figure out how to integrate a registration system from my current website login btw.

A website called 1radio.org closed down in January of this year. They allowed people to use their stream in the same way an FM radio station works. DJs would register an account and would be given the ability to add their show (up to 2 hours per day) to the calendar. When their time slot came up, their stream would connect and be broadcasted.

Airtime has everything I want, except for that. That is why I want to change the permissions so program managers can stream.
  • Two Thing I am not clear on
    1. Are you saying that they can pre-program their content.Most Fm Station I know,they give you an upload where you send your show content  and then it is retrieve from there. This procedure is covered here for setting up directory for each users http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/automated-file-import/  and for the folders and content to appear in the library as a watched folder here http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/using-the-airtime-import-script/. There were talk of allowing each user to only have rights to only be able to access and delete their own contents,do not know if it was fully implemented
    2. Do you want one log on for the PM which also allows them to do everything? well read below

Just enter your program managers separately  as a user
    • When they are updating the calendar they log in as Program Manager
    • When they want to stream they log in as an user.

Look redundant but its the recommended way to keep audit of any system.

Take for simplicity a supermarket.The Cashier Might be A Supervisor.

• When you are a cashier you type your password or use the general ID
    • When you are correcting or doing something administratively you have to either login in seperately or you are given a separate card to tap in

This allow easier query of say you want to check something on all cashier (dj or user ) you can and vice versa.

If this is not the scenario then hop over and put in for a feature request and ask others to vote on it.

My playout software also adopt this feature and most are doing it this way.

VOISSES

Ps.
     We do not beat around the bush,We burn the bush,Good Bush which turns "Weed" Bob Marley Style.

Just kidding I do not smoke

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2014-12-11 09:50:58
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Two options that would work for this:

A. Basically I want the Program Managers to also be DJs without a separate login.

B. Alternatively a good feature would be to allow the DJs to pick when they want their shows to be, and have a program manager approve it. (or deny)

I just don't want to have to have the DJs go back and forth with the PMs to schedule one show.
  • You can do this by creating a form on your site to submit a show to the DB. All the code is there in MVC to do that. I would also hook in a checking system so you wouldn't have DJ's submitting 2 shows in a day or accidentally removing/overwriting someone elses show. That would be the best way to do it, this way they wouldn't have to login to airtime at all.