Airtime Update - September
  • Vote Up2Vote Down Josh McLainJosh McLain
    Hello,

There have been a lot of posts lately speculating about the current status and the future of Airtime from the community. We wanted to let everyone know what the status of the project is as best we can.

This year we've had to get really serious about our Airtime Pro offering. In the past we hadn't given it the attention it deserved and we feel that it's our best option for being able to pay the bills. What this meant is since January we've been focusing development solely on the needs of the Airtime Pro community, with the focus being on making Airtime as stable as we possibly can. All of those changes are going to be in the 2.5x branch that we'll be releasing when we can, but we've had to put that on hold for the time being. 

The reason that we've had to put this on hold is that we've got a project we're working on that we can't talk about yet. We've brought on two additional developers to help us work this. When we're able, we'll post details about what's going on but for now you should know that the development team is and has been busy and when we're able to provide you with the changes we will, just right now we need to focus on keeping the lights on.

That said I'll try to be around the forum more to try to find you answers when the community gets stumped. Albert will post a follow up on this about the technical details of 2.5x but in the meantime feel free to ask any questions, I'll answer what I can.

Josh McLain
    Head of Support
  • 61 Comments sorted by
  • As I have asked before.. why do you not offer a commercial support plan for non-pro airtime?
    $x/month for support from the team or $y/incident? That would pay some bills too.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-09-26 10:30:05
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.
  • I'm sure many users here are willing to participate in fundraising to assign a developer for a month to do some cleanup  . Airtime Pro users are not the only ones who have  live sites using them commercially and it's a shame to exclude the rest  from the equation especially when they will happily pay for features/bugfixes in a timely manner.
    Pushing those fixes to your commercial usage of Airtime is a win-win situation.

• Micz Flor said:

Hi Airtime Community,

Some of the discussions in the forum are funnier than others. Whenever anybody starts a new thread, it seems difficult to predict if this would become a work or an entertainment discussion.

What would be good to have is a better separation between the discussions which are for entertainment and the ones which are for work. 

My suggestion would be a kind of hashtag thingy in the title? So whenever a thread disintegrates into post-midnight-weirdness we could change the discussion title. 

Any suggestions for a good suffix? Probaby just #fun ?

All the best, micz

Thing is, you guys should be taking this stuff seriously, offer pro support for those that want to host their own stuff. I'm sure money is tight there, the extra income might help, unless you're dedicated to flat out commits that come from different people outside the company.

The code base for 2.5.x is a mess, it has commits that actually don't function at all. If this is a recreational project, fine, then state that. But you guys have a good product and those that are serious are willing to pay for it. So until you guys get serious about your product, you're going to get a lot of #fun posts and of course a lot of negative feedback. Either commit to the project (and it can be a tremendous thing) or call negative feedback "fun", because i'm not having fun... If you guys can't commit then why should we?
  • Hi,

Thank you for the news, it is appreciated.

Is it possible to donate to expedite bug fixes, by example... ?

Thanks
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Albert SantoniAlbert Santoni
    Hi Thorsten,

We don't have any plans to discontinue Airtime, it's very much alive. The work that we're doing is to ensure Airtime has a bright future and will allow us to continue making open source radio automation software, and that's involved a lot of work behind the scenes. My team is still working on the same open source Airtime you're all using.

I'd invite everyone to please checkout the latest 2.5.x code from git. It's the most bug free Airtime has been in the last year, at least. Before we make an official release, I want to make sure we put the necessary time into ensuring everything installs smoother on Ubuntu 14.04, and we've recently had some pull requests to help with that. If you find any installation problems with the 2.5.x branch, we'd definitely appreciate patches and pull requests to help fix them. Testing across multiple Linux distributions has always been a pain point, as you no doubt have noticed.

Bob: We're doing our absolute best to tackle the most critical issues one at a time. We've been focused on fixing bugs in the scheduler because that has the highest impact on the most number of users. We'd definitely welcome help improving other areas that need bugfixes and improvements from passionate users like yourself. To get started, I'd recommend checking out the latest code in the 2.5.x branch from Github and trying to dive into the PHP code to fix a small bug that's affecting you. Patches are always welcome, and I'd be happy to give you more direction on how to get started working on Airtime's codebase if you need it.

Thanks,
    Albert
    Airtime Developer @ Sourcefabric
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Albert SantoniAlbert Santoni

We are also considering switching to solely Liquidsoap. Airtime is so Kludgy and clunky, and their lack of developer input shows that this project is pretty much looking like it'll eventually fall flat on its face, or forked into something else like a FOSS project without any pro offering.

I still don't understand the absolutely retarded 24 hour show idea. As I've said, it makes zero sense. So, when 1 show ends and the next begins, the last song gets cut off and the next show starts. Why can't you have a 36 hour show or a 128 hour show? Why are shows 24 hours only? The whole ideology around that is totally senseless; it seems like some developer had this wonderful idea to make everything a 24 hour block because that's exactly what people wanted, but all it does is add to the kludgy-ness of Airtime.

To be honest, I wish we had never installed Airtime on our server, because now we're going to have downtime getting rid of it. Also dragging songs into a playlist that's already playing (on air) only works when you maximize the browser window and drag the song up and down over and over again until a space appears in the GUI. I mean, seriously? And the hacks to get an Auto DJ going are ridiculous, as well as that there's no scheduling feature for jingles/bumpers, and the entire GUI is just totally ludicrous. It's like the devs did most everything backwards, a programmer sat down and decided to make airtime without any thought of how real world users would use the software. I really can't see anybody in their right mind paying for this kludge. There's a difference between great software and a kludge. Airtime falls into the kludge category, and the devs don't seem too interested in answering feedback.

Hi Bob,

Though I certainly share some of your sentiment regarding certain design decisions that were made in the past, we believe fixing issues in critical areas like the schedule takes priority over usability issues. We know that the #1 things our users care about is reliability, so we've been putting that first. That said, we've been playing catch up on much-needed bug fixing and that's taking time. 

If you have other ideas for scheduling paradigms other than our "shows" concept, we're always open to suggestions.

Thanks,
    Albert
    Airtime Developer @ Sourcefabric
  • You said it all perfectly Charos. That is the whole thing in a nutshell. They ignore it at their peril.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-09-30 21:14:29
  • Okay, okay, bad things, all of the above.

However, I'm going to lay out for you how it's been working out for Krypton Radio. 

In 2012, we were using Centovacast.  The software was robust, we loved the listener reporting which is still probably the best available.  It had auto-DJ and a lot of other important features.  It didn't have a way for us to play a block of commercials every quarter hour or anything like that, but we were living with it.

What made Centovacast really not work for us is the licensing, and it wasn't the cost.  It was that our radio stream was totally dependent on their license server being online and reachable 24/7.  Which it wasn't.  It would periodically go down for hours or days, effectively putting us out of business for that period.  It would take weeks to regain our listener numbers each time it happened.  

Then one day they just decided to upgrade their license server, which would have been fine if they had bothered to let us know it was going to happen.  We scrambled, found Airtime and installed it and were back on the air within six hours.  Three days later, Centovacast was back online.  Effectively, we fired them for setting us up with licenses that had to be renewed every hour without fail, and then dropping the ball on their end.

As many problems as Airtime has, it's still better than most of what's out there. We can tell stream by stream what our listener concurrency is throught the day. Via the Airtime forums (in particular John Chewter, thank you John), we learned to create our own auto-DJ, and schedule station IDs and ads at regular intervals.  We even have episodic radio now, like The Adventures of Superman, X Minus 1, The Shadow and others.  

We have used Airtime, flaws and all, to propel Krypton Radio into the top spot in science fiction radio in the world.  While we're looking forward to seeing a lot of these features actually getting fixed and seeing some of this stalling getting resolved, switching to Airtime was the smartest single thing we ever did, apart from launching our station in the first place.
    Post edited by Krypton Radio at 2014-10-07 19:52:45
  • Hi Micz,
    A lot of the so called, 'entertainment' stuff is irony and satire. Entertaining and silly, maybe, but some have a solid problem and a point being made at the root of it. If these issues are not addressed, some people will fork Airtime, which I do not think anybody wants - or do you? Maybe its a good way to lose the 'naysayers'.

As has been requested often, if the team made a simple API plugin interface - we could improve, fix and extend this wonderful project very quickly without forking. Please consider this seriously.
  • Hello, im using Airtime 2.5.1 + Icecast2, why on the Icecast show Current song:    -  

http://imgur.com/46YNPcn << airtime settings
  • So Airtime is full of bugs such as: Audio dropping out randomly and one has to click the scheduled play button to get it back, slowness and high CPU utilization, clunky, has a horrible GUI, smartblocks don't populate for a full 24 hours because of crossfading, no Auto DJ, no way to skip a song and more, and the best the dev team can do is post after innumerable unanswered messages here to say "we're here" and "there's a secret project taking up our time we're not talking about", and "we don't know when we're going to release the next version". Considering all the problems people are having, a release time frame is absolutely necessary, as things that could have and should have been patched are unpatched.

I've seen it so many times in software development circles; the dev team puts up a barrier between it and the users and works from behind the scenes. This project is exactly that.

Post edited by Bob Larson at 2014-09-27 20:44:29
  • And they (Josh) said to me, this week, that their policy is not do do beta testing before releases because 'its not fair on the other users'! Albert S has said similar before. That is the strangest release policy I have EVER heard in 35 years of coding.

So, the release is really the beta, except that they do not say so, less experienced users get in severe difficulties and the forum fills up (again) with the (same and now familiar unfixed) installer bugs plus new ones.

Last week, I installed another LiquidSoap based radio software and it ran straight out of the box, with no twiddling or excuses.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-09-28 07:06:56
  • Thanks at first for the statement, although it didn't contain that much new information. But what I didn't get:  If you are working on something new, does this mean that Airtime is discontinued?

Or will the features the community requires mostly be added to the 2.5.x branch (most likely "intelligent automation" etc)?

• Sourcefabric is soooo funny.
    "This year we've had to get really serious about our Airtime Pro offering."
    so they don't suppport the free version actually, which is their good right.
    But in the mean while the public sees an -if we are serious- an webbased "winamp" player, which can fail.
    No automation at all (if somebody claims the opposite, I will show him/her what radio automation is about...), linked shows which are unstable as my mom her *ss., dynamic blocks which are not dynamic at all, unable to add jingles/commercials, no audio processing, no support at all, no  fixing at all.. and never something important implemented . (the biggest release last year included opus...which surely is not a priority at all!)
    That is how external people see Airtime and Sourcefabric.

Tell me, who is so stupid to pay a monthly fee for this!? I'm serious...Who!?
    Get a free shoutcast server somewhere, and put an mp3 player on it! (a lot cheaper then the airtime pro, and with an mp3 player you even have more functionality...)

A lot of people gave ideas, this forum is full of ideas, lik;e it should be. But they are just being ignored completely.
    Hey, they are working on cloud integration..something that nobody requests again.
    Again Sourcefabric, who will be so stupid to pay for it, if the product - radio automation- isn't doing what it should do. When I started with airtime, I considered using airtime pro. Hell, what am I happy that I didn't do that. I'm already close to just bypass airtime, and only use liquidsoap...(and with REAL dynamic blocks, with REAL radio automation..)

Think about it, listen for once.
    The community gave you a lot of ideas already, ideas which will help Airtime pro, and therefore will help Sourcefabric.
    For once, be professional. There is a big market out there for this idea, but not like it is now.

Schelstraete Bart - http://www.contact-dance.com
  • We are also considering switching to solely Liquidsoap. Airtime is so Kludgy and clunky, and their lack of developer input shows that this project is pretty much looking like it'll eventually fall flat on its face, or forked into something else like a FOSS project without any pro offering.

I still don't understand the absolutely retarded 24 hour show idea. As I've said, it makes zero sense. So, when 1 show ends and the next begins, the last song gets cut off and the next show starts. Why can't you have a 36 hour show or a 128 hour show? Why are shows 24 hours only? The whole ideology around that is totally senseless; it seems like some developer had this wonderful idea to make everything a 24 hour block because that's exactly what people wanted, but all it does is add to the kludgy-ness of Airtime.

To be honest, I wish we had never installed Airtime on our server, because now we're going to have downtime getting rid of it. Also dragging songs into a playlist that's already playing (on air) only works when you maximize the browser window and drag the song up and down over and over again until a space appears in the GUI. I mean, seriously? And the hacks to get an Auto DJ going are ridiculous, as well as that there's no scheduling feature for jingles/bumpers, and the entire GUI is just totally ludicrous. It's like the devs did most everything backwards, a programmer sat down and decided to make airtime without any thought of how real world users would use the software. I really can't see anybody in their right mind paying for this kludge. There's a difference between great software and a kludge. Airtime falls into the kludge category, and the devs don't seem too interested in answering feedback.
    Post edited by Bob Larson at 2014-09-30 14:30:49
  • Also, if you happen to input the wrong show time (for whatever reason it doesn't auto set the current time for you when creating a new show) and the current time is past the time you inputted, tough luck! Another stupid idea and "feature" that makes zero sense.

By the way, who thought of all these ideas? I wonder if their sliding door in their house opens only if applying pressure to the glass in certain places, lifting up on the handle, and then having a friend grab the door frame to help open it.
    Post edited by Bob Larson at 2014-09-30 14:39:22
  • Sorry to say Albert but the concept of diving into php code from Github is rather crazy when most of the people are not php programmers . That's why there are alpha,beta and dev releases in open source software. Most of us can't find a bug by simply looking at the php code. Do dev releases that people can actually test on a dev environment and then you'll get way more bug tickets and patches.
    Currently you push a release that you consider final and stable (which is proven to be full of issues) , then the community is actually doing beta testing on live environment. On top of that , they have to wait for the next final release that is not scheduled and can be postponed due to other priorities.
  • Given all of the above, when will the next release happen? Date, time and maybe year? Not into the git thing.
  • You can just download the Git files as a single zip file - and then FTP up the contents of the mvc folder
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich

charos said:

Currently you push a release that you consider final and stable (which is proven to be full of issues) , then the community is actually doing beta testing on live environment.

that's not right, because pro-users are the first to be upgraded before releasing for public.
    and afaik there is a QA Manager at sofab.
    charos said:

then the community is actually doing beta testing on live environment. On top of that , they have to wait for the next final release that is not scheduled and can be postponed due to other priorities.

that's true
    "communication is everything" (Hagbard Celine)

we use airtime at our community radio station for 18 months now, very stable.
    most issues we've had were OS-related. and those have been less.

but I must admit that I know airtime and its strength & weakness very well.
    so I planned our implementation very well and replaced the weak points with workarounds.
    this means,
    yet I don't use monthly repeating shows (by day of week), because it always leads in a calendar bug.
    I use our existing dailyplaylist system to serve shuffled playlists instead using smartblock-feature.
    this also gives me the opportunity to serve input-streams from physical line-ins like a satellite-feed.

so, knowing what you're using before using it in production.
    that's best prevention for surprisings many of us are facing.

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15584/here-is-my-setupwhat-is-your-setup-and-how-can-i-improve-mine/p1
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • 'because pro-users are the first to be upgraded'
    That's even worse. The people paying for this software get the first bugs and problems then, in production...the world upside down... #shocked.

I am shocked about how much time you are investing over weeks/months in shouting out loud saying airtime is shit. you gotta have times, no school this year... ;-)

@Bart , in the time you're wasting to discredit airtime, you could have written your own software to use.
    This is so boring and kiddish. What do you expect from your behaviour... Better said, what shall others think of you and your behaviour... would you manner this way in IRL too? think about it!
    I recognized, i think I know you.
    You seem to be the same Bart, that I know for 25yrs now. A cheeky 10yr old boy, no chance to fledge, always shouting: Eat my shorts!

Of course, I can also be wrong with my assumption. But the proof can only be done by yourself!

actually your behaviour bores and amuses me simultaniously.
    but please, if you want to do this forum a favor, please show some backbone, be productively criticising or just virtually go to hell.
    Post edited by hoerich at 2014-10-05 05:21:30
  • :)
  • It occurs to me that a linux distro with AT installed would save SUCH a lot of crap -and SO simple to do. I already did it for my Airtime on ARM machine. Maybe I should make some for $20 a pop! ;)

Install the distro - login to AT - have a beer.

Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-10-05 06:58:03
  • I come from the open source world, so I find the attitude of entitlement in here to be kind of amusing. If you're paying nothing for this software, and contributing nothing, you don't get to really complain much. Fix it, submit a patch, fork it, write your own from scratch... or switch to payware.

That said, I'm a bit alarmed, though not surprised, to see SourceFabric concentrating on their commercial products-- Airtime Pro and their new "super secret" stealth-mode startup idea. Despite their protestations to the contrary, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Airtime become abandonware or at least its  open source version become even more of a second-class citizen at some point soon.  But that's the sad reality of modern capitalism, I suppose, can't really blame them. 

Airtime has lots of quirks and bugs-- but it's got years of development behind it and it shows.

By the way, the idea of running from git is a good suggestion for maybe doing development, but running a production station off of HEAD in git seems a bit risky to me. Most will want to wait for the next release.
  • @hoerich:

", in the time you're wasting to discredit airtime, you could have written your own software to use."

Didn't you read what I wrote? I did !
    I'm actually not using Airtime anymore, and have REAL automation now.. took me a few hours, and with liquidsoap.

But of course, your attitude says enough. you did not give any answer which is ont opic,  you did only shoot at people.(how do they call that...ah true: CHILDISH)  On all other forums you would have been banned already. And you call yourself a moderator?
    Your shooting at people shows that you are not able to defend anything.Is this the way you are helping Airtime/Sourcefabric?
    Keep on doing that, insult every person that shows how airtime is really working..then you will have 0 users left. sourcefabric will thank you for that.

"I am shocked about how much time you are investing over weeks/months in
    shouting out loud saying airtime is shit. you gotta have times, no
    school this year.."

Yeah, 8 posts in a year time.
    And look at your posts...oh wait, that means that you don't have any work at all!? :)

get a life really help sourcefabric/aritime!

oh,btw, you remind me at a German guy around 1940.

Post edited by Bart at 2014-10-11 12:30:30
  • He reminds me of Konrad Zuse
    Oh, and don't let the door spank you on the ass on the way out!
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-10-12 11:43:51
  • Oh My God.
    I will Frame this for Laughter

=)) :-)) =)) :-))
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • We picked Airtime because it actually features better stability than some commercial solutions due to the lack of a need for a licensing server among other advantages.

Yes, it's missing features.  But boy do I sympathize with SourceFabric's need to work on things that keep the lights on.  You want Airtime to improve?  Roll up your sleeves, boys, roll up your sleeves.
  • Why don't some of us form a closer AirtimeSupporters Dev Group and get some extra stuff done in a managed organised way? Any takers?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Do you talk about a Fork ?
  • I was not thinking of a fork - more a close working group of code extenders. Plugins for example.
  • I was not thinking of a fork - more a close working group of code extenders. Plugins for example.

This is what I long suggest to Airtime ,to set a way people contribute plugins,then have a team member who are assign to test and work with the third party developer,then you can merge.

Most developers I know complain about the sole use of the pull request from github,because once your code merge,sometimes when the main program upgrade,you almost have to rewrite your program cause it may be drop.

I hope they go this way.

Any way this post is not refreshing properly,the post dates are mixed up.

Voisses
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    I'm agree with you two ;-) John and Voisses
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Micz FlorMicz Flor
    Hi Airtime Community,

Some of the discussions in the forum are funnier than others. Whenever anybody starts a new thread, it seems difficult to predict if this would become a work or an entertainment discussion.

What would be good to have is a better separation between the discussions which are for entertainment and the ones which are for work. 

My suggestion would be a kind of hashtag thingy in the title? So whenever a thread disintegrates into post-midnight-weirdness we could change the discussion title. 

Any suggestions for a good suffix? Probaby just #fun ?

All the best, micz
    Hello all

I'm trying to do an docker image for the last airtime on trusty but I have this error :

Apache 2.4 detected, using newer access configuration...
    sed: can't read /etc/airtime/apache24.vhost.tpl: No such file or directory
    dpkg: error processing package airtime (--configure):
     subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2

someone have an idea ? or airtime package for trusty is broken ?
  • It would be nice to see more working together once the steam blows off. The problem with steam blowing off is it can cause further damage to relationships than get the action one wants.  It's important too for Sourcefabric to keep the forum updated on what they are doing and attend to workarounds.  I would suggest people who can support the forums with helpful replies do that; if you can donate $$, do that; if you can work on bugs in the code base, do that.

That said, for what we use airtime for, it's quite reliable.  The updates usually apply ok too.  We have added Piwik to our website to track even more.

Thanks for your continued work on things.

Perhaps those upset should try Campcaster which is what we had before airtime.
  • plz help me

airtime-check-system
    AIRTIME_STATUS_URL = http://manpreetmoga.in:82/api/status/format/json/api_key/%%api_key%%
    AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION = UNKNOWN
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE = UNKNOWN
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES = UNKNOWN
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES = UNKNOWN
    AIRTIME_VERSION = UNKNOWN
    OS = Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS x86_64
    CPU = Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    WEB_SERVER = Apache/2.2.22
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID = FAILED
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 0
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC = 0%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC = 0%
    -- Displaying log file /var/log/airtime/pypo/pypo.log
    -- 2014-11-17 02:10:04,767 INFO - [api_client.py : is_server_compatible() : line 220] - Unable to get Airtime version number.
    --
    -- 2014-11-17 02:10:09,772 DEBUG - [api_client.py : __call__() : line 134] - http://manpreetmoga.in:82/api/version/api_key/G04RM9MKD96IPJFWVKUY
    -- 2014-11-17 02:10:09,779 INFO - [api_client.py : is_server_compatible() : line 220] - Unable to get Airtime version number.
    --
    --
    --
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID = FAILED
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS = 0
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC = 0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC = 0%
    -- Displaying log file /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log
    -- 2014/11/17 02:05:04 [threads:3] Thread "wallclock_main" terminated (1 remaining).
    -- 2014/11/17 02:05:05 [threads:3] Thread "http polling" terminated (0 remaining).
    -- 2014/11/17 02:05:05 [main:3] Cleaning downloaded files...
    -- 2014/11/17 02:05:05 [main:3] Freeing memory...
    -- 2014/11/17 02:05:05 >>> LOG END
    --
    --
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID = FAILED
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS = 0
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC = 0%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC = 0%
    -- Displaying log file /var/log/airtime/media-monitor/media-monitor.log
    -- 2014-11-17 02:09:32,114 INFO - [Thread-1] [watchersyncer.py : __init__()] : LINE 19 - Created timeout thread...
    -- 2014-11-17 02:09:32,114 INFO - [Thread-1] [airtime.py : init_rabbit_mq()] : LINE 36 - Initializing RabbitMQ message consumer...
    -- 2014-11-17 02:09:32,121 INFO - [Thread-1] [airtime.py : init_rabbit_mq()] : LINE 48 - Initialized RabbitMQ consumer.
    -- 2014-11-17 02:09:32,121 DEBUG - [Thread-1] [api_client.py : __call__()] : LINE 134 - http://manpreetmoga.in:82/api/media-monitor-setup/format/json/api_key/G04RM9MKD96IPJFWVKUY
    -- 2014-11-17 02:09:32,130 INFO - [Thread-1] [syncdb.py : reload_directories()] : LINE 49 - HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable
    --
    --
    -- There appears to be a problem with your Airtime installation.
    -- Please visit http://wiki.sourcefabric.org/x/HABQ
  • Hello, I installed Airtime on my VPS. The installation was successful. I'm having trouble connecting and broadcasting live, with Mixxx (Dj software).

I am asking for support to troubleshoot. I will pay a small fee. Looking for immediate help, preferable someone with experience with Airtime.

Serious inquires only please. - clear
    your feedback is warmly welcome!
    Bart said:

@hoerich:

get a life really help sourcefabric/aritime!

oh,btw, you remind me at a German guy around 1940.

We are now at one year without real upgrade of Airtime...
    A new hope for this Christmas ?
    Or an empire strike back from nothing ?
  • Being a forum Moderator, wouldn't you know?
    Albert FR said:

We are now at one year without real upgrade of Airtime...
    A new hope for this Christmas ?
    Or an empire strike back from nothing ?

we are volunteers, we are not from SourceFabric
    This is why I'm doing this appartée
  • For version update info, you could try having a seance or using an Ouija Board. Nothing else has worked. ;)

lol
    Funny john :D

• =)) =)) :-B 8-> :)) 8-X >-) =:)
  • I checked the 2.5x branch GitHub and most commits were done months or years ago. Is the project stagnating or am I not seeing something?
  • They won't say.
    after one year without real update (only security)
    nothing on the jira ( https://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CC/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:issues-panel )
    nothing (or only update translations...) on the gitHub...

I think this project is near to dead...
    I'm really sad... this was a really useful software for a lot of us...
    Post edited by Albert FR at 2014-12-11 06:17:04
  • It's still useful! It is a shame though. I mean, we're a perfect candidate for premium .pro, but why support a project with no real improvements since July 2013? We don't want or need an overseas CDN, just some minor software patches.

#fun indeed
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions