Winamp DSP as Source
  • Can Winamp with it's DSP be used as source input ?

If so what settings do i need to use ?

• 20 Comments sorted by
  • Look at Josh reply here
    http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/16487/connecting-mixxx-to-airtime

They are the same  for all DSP or Clients (nicecast,edcast,butt,M3w,Winam dsp etc.

Good Luck
    VOISSES
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Hi thanks for the reply,

Forgive me if i'm wrong but that video seems to be all about using icecast as the input source ?
  • Nope
     its about setting up your client (MIXXX) in this case to connect to master or show source.

Watch all of it again and take notes

Good luck
    VOISSES
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • My stream panel seems to have more settings than the one in that video, i have an extra boxes.
    I can't see how shoutcast can connect if there is a mount point?

511 x 388 - 20K
    Post edited by mikeibc at 2014-05-28 08:44:03
  • Well i've watched it twice now and there definitely isn't a mention of using shoutcast as source ?
    He mentions other clients like butt, but even those are set using icecast.

I can connect fine to both the master and show source using mixxx and icecast selected inputs.

I've also connected to my other shoutcast server with mixxx where there wasn't any issues.
  • Can anyone confirm that shoutcast can connect to the master or show source?

We have around 20 djs using shoutcast and to try and shift them all to mixxx would be a headache.
  • It seems the shoutcast dsp in winamp can not connect to the master or show source since airtime only speaks icecast on those.

Since liquidsoap supports shoutcast source clients you could probably hack airtime to get this working (search for input.harbor in ls_script.liq and the liquidsoap docs).

Lucas
  • Vote Up0Vote Down mikeibcmikeibc
    Hi Lucas,

Thanks for the reply, Could you explain how i change this setting to true ?

icy : bool (default: false)  Enable ICY (shoutcast) protocol.

i've read the docs here but can't fathom how to change the settings, http://savonet.sourceforge.net/doc-svn/harbor.html

Thanks.
  • Vote Up1Vote Down Voisses TechVoisses Tech
    I have not tested this so use at your own risk

icy=true,

put that in line 269 of the ls_script so that it reads like this

max=40.,icy=true,

instead of just

max=40.,

Good luck
    VOISSES
  • Vote Up0Vote Down mikeibcmikeibc
    Got it working,

Thanks for the help Voisses :D

• Vote Up0Vote Down SharkShark
    Hi,

so how or what have u done to connect with the Shoutcast DSP Plugin v2.3.3 ?

only set icy=true does not work. I cant establish an connect.

Thx for help

• Shark said:

Hi,

so how or what have u done to connect with the Shoutcast DSP Plugin v2.3.3 ?

only set icy=true does not work. I cant establish an connect.

Thx for help

@Shark

You have to be specific on what are your issues

The answer icy=true given was not specifically related to fixing the issue,in fact I have not tested it but I  was answering

mikeibc said:

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for the reply, Could you explain how i change this setting to true ?

icy : bool (default: false)  Enable ICY (shoutcast) protocol.

i've read the docs here but can't fathom how to change the settings, http://savonet.sourceforge.net/doc-svn/harbor.html

Thanks.

Your problem may be unique and as I always suggest,its best to start your own post and relate all you have done and then refer to other post you see that look similar

Please note this is not a forum requirement but it makes your question unique and clear for self diagonise persons like me :-))

Good Luck
    VOISSES
    Hi,

my issues goes to mikeibc, because he says he got it.

I have set the icy=true in line 269 and 247. The Ports and Ports + 1 are open.
    But the newest Winamp with the newest Shoutcast DSP Plugin cant connect, neither on Master Port or Source Port.

Log Says, new client - disconnected
    max=40.,icy=true,
    max=40.,icy=true,
    max=40.,icy=true,
    Post edited by Shark at 2014-06-05 23:32:33
  • Change master and source mount points to / then try connecting to master, source may need additional settings per show.
    Okay, thanks. Now i got an Connection, but the Log says:
    2014/06/09 14:59:47 [harbor:4] New client on port 8506: 192.168.2.104
    2014/06/09 14:59:47 [lang:3] master connected
    2014/06/09 14:59:47 [harbor:4] ICY error: invalid password

But i set the master User and PW to 1234, for Testing.

So what should i type in the DSP Plugin?
    Okay, Thanks People, i got it.

Username must be Source in both master or a DJ name and then nothing to type in in Username in the DSP Plugin
  • @Voisses

Care to elaborate?

What needs to be modified so I can connect with Shoutcast DSP? (scripts, configurations? location?)
    What settings do I need to put in Airtime?
    What settings do I need to put in Shoutcast DSP?

adding icy=true to as suggested on lines 247 and 269 causes liquidsoap to fail to start... 

The liquidsoap file is located at /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/ls_script.liq on ubuntu 14 for anyone curious.

Clear is gold, for me and the world...
    Post edited by Odin Wynd at 2017-04-29 14:02:04
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Voisses TechVoisses Tech

I have not tested this so use at your own risk

icy=true,

put that in line 269 of the ls_script so that it reads like this

max=40.,icy=true,

instead of just

max=40.,

Good luck
    VOISSES

These should work but if not do above.pay attention to commas

Airtime config

Master Username    : source
    Master Password    : <your password>
    Master Source Port : <your open port>
    Master Source Mount Point : /
    Master Source Connection URL: < leave this it will automatically generated>
     there is a "/" slash for mount  point

Shoutcast config

Address:    < Source Connection IP>
    Port:           <your open port>
    Password : <your password>

Also since your client do not use username ,you need to set the master username as source do not leave it blank type the word in lower case in there.
    and use source connection IP in Dsp not Url

in the shoutcast dsp do not type anything in any username if thats on it

test by tailing the logs or at the prompt

#:  sudo airtime-log -t liquidsoap

keep these handy

sudo /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/airtime-liquidsoap  /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/ls_script.liq

sudo service airtime-liquidsoap restart

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2017-05-01 03:50:54
  • I was still unable to get this working, and have decided to move on as I found a workaround.. 

I wanted to use winamp as my source for Airtime, and I have accomplished this through using the Edcast DSP... Google is your friend...

So, unless someone more stubborn than I comes along and sees this through to the end, using Edcast DSP is my suggestion if you wish to use winamp as a source..
  • great Working.
    Construction WordPress themes are generally available in Premium version.