Get Airtime Working With Live365 ShoutCast Server
  • Hello all! New here.

I've been using Live365 for the past year to stream my internet radio station using some Windows software. I've been interested in Airtime for quite some time but have never been able to get it to work with my server from Live365.

Here is what I need: I saw that Airtime supports ShoutCast and so I entered the correct server IP, port, etc. information for my ShoutCast Live365 server but when I tried to connect to the server, Airtime wouldn't work with the server for some reason. It said that it could not connect.

Has anyone ever got Airtime working with Live365 before? Live365 appears to be an normal ShoutCast server, so I don't understand why it doesn't work. Anyone have any experience with Airtime and Live365?

Thanks in advance!
  • 14 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Eric, 

I asked this myself, and live365 aren't straight forward shoutcast servers and therefore airtime does not stream to live365. 

However, you can relay from live365 to a shoutcast port that airtime is streaming to? 
  • Thanks for your responce Terry! Live365 I noticed does have a different system, but they said they supported ShoutCast and was confused.

Now, relaying to a port that Airtime supports, how is that done? Would I need to install a local ShoutCast server? Or not, I'm not super experienced with ShoutCast, so forgive my ignorance.

Thanks for your help!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    no, you only need to define a master/show source port into airtime (Airtime -> System->Streams)
  • Thanks for the comment, Albert. I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean, though. Isn't the master/show source port into Airtime designed for input? I want to output my Airtime station to my Live365 ShoutCast server. Maybe I am misunderstanding, which is probably the case. As far as I know, is the master/show source port in Airtime for streaming to Airtime remotely. For example, using Mixx at a live event to push the live event stream to Airtime for rebroadcast?

I just want to get the Airtime stream to my Live365 server. Sorry if I want not very clear on that.

Thanks for the help guys!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    ok

that's me ;-)

in this case into streams settings (the right part) you can choose your output server (icecast or shoutcast)

you can find more informations here :  http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/stream-settings/

• I already entered my Shoutcast server info into the Stream Settings (right part), but Airtime spits out an error saying it is having trouble connecting.

Apparently, Live365 is using a modified ShoutCast server and may be causing conflicts. I was wondering if there was a workaround for this problem. What if I told Airtime to stream to a locally installed ShoutCast server and then made Live365 relay the local stream? If this would work, would meta data be relayed to the Live365 server as well?

Thanks!
    Post edited by Eric H. at 2013-12-31 13:42:11
  • Sorry but Albert does sound confusing! 

Eric - How many streams have you got in airtime?  Are any of them shoutcast? 

• If not, private message me Eric! 
  • I only want one, and that will be for my ShoutCast/Live365 stream. But that is what I haven't been able to get working.

Sorry if I sound a bit confused, but some of this stuff just doesn't make sense you know.

Thanks for your help!
  • Hello folks. I'm just starting using Airtime and trying to link it to Live365 too. Does anyone have any progress?
    Post edited by Eric Meadows at 2014-11-30 13:44:34
  • Based on my check with many others ,Live 365 does not allow to stream directly to it. (correct us if we are wrong)

You there are allowed to

1. Use a pre- prepared  playlist from like itunes
    2. In Live mode you have to use skype as the input and their Studio live 365 software

The steps are covered here 

https://wiki.live365.com/pmwiki.php?n=Studio365-Live.SkypeAudioSetup

Where the microphone input would be from your airtime server output

Voisses

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Oh sorry Some one call me and told me about the relay mode

Let me test this tonight and tell you

but you can see more on your log errors by increasing the log level of your airtime script by setting it to say level 5 and it will tell you

in the console

sudo pico /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/ls_script.liq

and put this at the top
    set("log.level",5) # 3 is default

VOISSES

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Unfortunately, I was never able to make Airtime work correctly with Live365. You could try Relay Mode like Voisses Tech mentioned. If I can recall, I did try it but ran into some problems. It's worth a second try I believe.

P.S. - Eric Meadow, I sent you a PM.
  • I got it working fine. Make sure your stream settings are EXACTLY as per the docs.
    Post edited by John Chewter at 2014-12-02 14:28:15
    No longer using Airtime or Libretime.