One Line,Yes One line Modification ,No skills Needed,but Silence defeated
  • This script have now being merge
    See https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/18336/autodj-script-using-php-2-1-5-6-solution-you-were-waiting-on-no-ls_script-modification-need

Open a terminal

Nb. always backup scripts before modification

type

gksudo gedit +153 /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/ls_script.liq

you should see a line like this (make sure )
    default = amplify(id="silence_src", 0.00001, noise())

comment it to look like this
    #default = amplify(id="silence_src", 0.00001, noise())

place this line instead

default = fallback(track_sensitive = false,[playlist(mode="normal","/srv/airtime/stor/imported/")])

and you are done.

If You want Meta tags try this
    All you have to do is

#default = rewrite_metadata([("title", !ref_off_air_meta)], default)

default = rewrite_metadata([(!ref_off_air_meta,"artist" ),("-","title" )], default) 

Now when you are lazy enough like me to put anything in the calendar your Airtime will play from the fmusic you place in the media folder of Airtime.

Ps.
    I do not use gksudo often because gedit have to be installed also.
    but sudo with your favourite editor.

If You stick to using the calendar of Airtime you will find your complaint lesson than most person complaint here.

Happy Streaming

* V.O.I.S.S.E.S.      *         *
    * Can You Hear Me Now *         *
    ♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♩♪♫♩♪♫♪♩♫♪♩ ♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬
    ######################################################
    [En][24/7][712- 432- 8476]############################
    http://tunein.com/radio/BIGLINK-RADIO-s190864/
    [Korean][24/7] [712- 432- 8464]#######################
    http://tunein.com/radio/Goaheadmissionorg-s190399/
    [En][Sundays 2300-Mondays 0600 EST][712- 432- 8437]###
    http://tunein.com/radio/Caribbean-Experience-s200915/
    Disclaimer:-
    "The Views express by me in no way reflect the staff,team,management of airtime,its affiliate or its
    representative.
    I am in no way a member of the staff,team,management of airtime,its affiliate or its representative,

My views are my own opinion of which I hope will help to construed a discussion in order to solve, resolved or to make things better.

If you follow my opinions,you do so at your own risk and I bear no responsibility for your actions or in-actions.

My opinions is not my final thoughts but something I think as I try come to my final conclusion"

#####################################################################

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2017-04-10 07:28:14
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up1Vote Down hoerichhoerich

Bob Smith said:

Hi Voisses,

Is this to avoid silence on a connected incoming show stream, or is it for something else?

this is for silence when no content is scheduled or no input on incoming streams. whenever silence is detected.

But, VOISSES, this is nothing new!

There are plenty of discussion around this topic, most of them are even started by yourself.
    I think It's not necessary to create a new discussion and prove your knowledge,
    as it is not necessary to turn almost any question into a fallback-hack discussion.

I truly appreciate your contributions onboard, but sometimes you simply miss the topic and cause more confusion than you are helping.

just my 2 cents, cheers
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • Hi Voisses,

Is this to avoid silence on a connected incoming show stream, or is it for something else?
  • Hi Voisses,

My post in this thread was unrelated to previous posts. Occasionally someone doesn't pitch up for a live show, and the show stream connects and we're left with silence until someone manually turns it off. I'll test your one line fix, thanks.

About my post "station goes off air" you are right, it was caused by a misconfigured USB sound card. I didn't read the instructions properly. Once that was fixed, I noticed an actual bug where ALSA output is affected by an outgoing stream having difficulties connecting, which I should have created a seperate thread for.

Currently I don't think I have any problems, because I've disabled the second outgoing stream and haven't had complaints for almost a week (I'm about to configure the external Icecast server in master slave configuration as you suggested). I have gone through log files and monited the system and picked up some issues with using outgoing mp3 streams which I put into this thread ALSA Underruns and mp3 stream issues.

• I'm still confused so can we go back to the original post for a moment? So say I am too busy to put in a schedule on the calender, you are saying this hack will fall back to the library and automatically play those files? How long will it do this and what happens when it runs out of files?

Thanks,

• I'm still confused so can we go back to the original post for a moment? So say I am too busy to put in a schedule on the calender, you are saying this hack will fall back to the library and automatically play those files? How long will it do this and what happens when it runs out of files?

Thanks,

Yes, it will indeed fall back to the library and it will play for as long as there is silence (when no show is planned or no live audio is connected), so i guess that when it reaches the last file it will go back to the first and continue in a loop.

changing the playlist(mode='normal') to "random" should cycle the tracks in a random order.

Now one issue I got is that my meta data is incorrect when using this and shows up like this:
    Artist - Airtime Offline and not Artist - Track

the fix for this is in one of the lines below the hack;
    default = rewrite_metadata([("title", !ref_off_air_meta)], default)

change that line to a comment, and the meta is fine
    Post edited by Jeroen Bauwen at 2013-11-22 15:09:54
  • I really hardly comment on anything unless it relates to liquidsoap and playlist

So I am little confused myself.

I might comment on playlist that people talk about but there are so much work around for this.

I will definitely comment on anyone that make Airtime seems the worst.

I think its a wonderful project that people will enjoy around the world. I see too much station use clumsy alternative.

In fact I bet anybody here who complaint about playlist never used Simon,Rivendell or Sams to put in Adblocks and jingles and create logs and cartwheel

If I make a suggestion and I see that my first step is not covered and people divert to other things I leave them.

like this post station goes off air after physically connecting line-in where the person clearly have a configuration card problem.
    I leave it because they seem to think its something else

I have 4 sound card in one machine and they all works ok [rivendell on one (USB MIXER),Airtime on Default(2496) , Audacity (cheap card usb), browser,vlc,media players on other cheap Usb).

I had that problem of connection Refused ,I fixed that but they say its bug report,I leave it Alone.
    One Day when someone will listen I help them.

I did that with widgets,after all the confusion ,I showed the easy way.

I did that with encoders and even point people to the readings.

Now to Say The I make things worst,Could you show me that post?

Okay to this.
    I was Asked by two different person

Can you give me a simple line even if upgrades break I could put it in until I get you to do a more comprehensive fixed ?

This I felt would be valuable to the community so I placed it Here.

I also create another post to show how to prevent constant breaking of script rather than hiding them in some other post.

This might not seems valuable to those who know what to do but believe me as more and more new person comes here and I encourage people to use Airtime ,I do not want them frustrated.

I have A station coming on Air in the weeks ahead and these are general concerned.What to do if you are not there and I document it here so I can point them to it

Please do not Attack me without merits but praise me at the same time (carrot and stick approach)

If I am wrong,let me know,be specific and  I will be first to admit it.I never post anything here without people Ask me.

If you checked This forum before I came there was pages on Fallback without solutions and nobody complained of the number of post. I think most people now have substantial to go on.

Thanks

P.S.
    I hope this do not stem from my previous post.

* V.O.I.S.S.E.S.      *         *
    * Can You Hear Me Now *         *
    ♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♩♪♫♩♪♫♪♩♫♪♩ ♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬♬
    [En][24/7][712- 432- 8476]############################
    http://tunein.com/radio/BIGLINK-RADIO-s190864/
    [Korean][24/7] [712- 432- 8464]#######################
    http://tunein.com/radio/Goaheadmissionorg-s190399/
    [En][Sundays 2300-Mondays 0600 EST][712- 432- 8437]###
    http://tunein.com/radio/Caribbean-Experience-s200915/
    Disclaimer:-
    "The Views express by me in no way reflect the staff,team,management of airtime,its affiliate or its
    representative.
    I am in no way a member of the staff,team,management of airtime,its affiliate or its representative,

My views are my own opinion of which I hope will help to construed a discussion in order to solve, resolved or to make things better.

If you follow my opinions,you do so at your own risk and I bear no responsibility for your actions or in-actions.

My opinions is not my final thoughts but something I think as I try come to my final conclusion"

#####################################################################
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-11-12 21:31:32
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • @Bob smith

Could you assist me in telling me what are the problem you have with incoming streams?

normally its buffer overuns or transitions effect.

Could you be more specific if its an internal stream or external stream?

Could you give me the link if external and also your system specs that is airtime check system?

sudo pico /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log   at the time when the incoming stream is schedule would also help

Ps. I put my reply for below here
    Thank You Bob,

I know I am in no way condescending.In fact I am a person who shares my knowledge.

People generally tells me,They like how I am cool.

One Afternoon I was coming home one of my neighbours called me over into a discussion he was already in, The other persons who were there were astonish,that I could even speak.

So thanks for the plug,I will ever be part of a solution.

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-11-13 09:33:36
  • Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.