Media import doesn't appear in Library
  • I have a fresh install of Airtime and all the files that I upload/import fail to be shown in the Library section. I confirmed that the files are in the srv/airtime/stor/imported folder, but they do not appear where I need them to be listed. They are .mp3 files and didn't get stuck on the organize folder. As additional information, the media monitor service is up and running. What can I do? Anyone have had the same problem before? Thanks!
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Yes but it do not remember if they got it fixed

but you should do this

sudo invoke-rc.d airtime-media-monitor  stop &&  sudo invoke-rc.d airtime-media-monitor  start

and if you are on debian you might want to give rabbit some feed by

sudo invoke-rc.d rabbitmq-server  stop  && sudo invoke-rc.d rabbitmq-server  start

Take a good look at this tutorial and normal post a minimal log of airtime check system

http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15654/airtime-troubleshoot-for-dummies-like-me-basic-things-you-can-do-to-see-under-the-hood

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-08-24 10:08:19
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Didn't work. Actually, what I guess is happening, is that the media import does import the files into the right folders, but it gets stuck at modifying the database, that's why it doesn't appear on the Library.

Also, every time I try to change even one setting from the Stream Preferences, the connection between Liquidsoap and Icecast goes down. All I see is a "Getting information from the server...". The only way I've been able to put it up again is to reinstall Airtime, but according to this discussion http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/14098/multiple-issues-headache-/p1

...the issues maybe related.
  • You know I normally do not get much problem with installing linux.
    I get problems when I try customized it.
    I am not familiar with CentOS but rivendell recommend it,so I did use it never mess with it after.

"but it gets stuck at modifying the database,"
    I say that to say this I had minimal problem with installation with ubuntu and installing applications.
    I am not saying you might be on another OS but when you say "but it gets stuck at modifying the database," and other terms I am Like "What?"

Okay basic always do an airtime check system and post it, a minimal logs help  also.

The post you showed was like in 2012 and it seems solved therefore your problem we always think is unique and in trying to solve it we give the basic steps.

"Also, every time I try to change even one setting from the Stream Preferences, the connection between Liquidsoap and Icecast goes down."

This is normal,I called my stream settings Left side and Right side

- most things you modified on the Left side does not required a reconnection
    - on the Right side it deals directly with the streams and connection to Stream server (Icecast and / or shoutcast) requires a reconnection.

There is a nice message box that comes up explaining that

Enjoy Airtime

Voisses
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.