Liquidsoap Stops Streaming With Icecast
  • Hi all, Liquidsoap inexplicably drops out. Once I restart it and restart the play out monitor, it streams correctly to icecast.
    Does anyone know why and how to solve it?
  • 19 Comments sorted by
  • This may be the case earlier version,but since 2.4,its rare that liquidsoap stops so here is something you should do try clicking on the schedule button off and then on back

if nothing is schedule you will almost have dead air because of this line in the liquidsoap script

default = amplify(id="silence_src", 0.00001, noise())

So what would do good is some status and some logs. at that moment you think that the system is dead

1. Try another client to listen to so if you are using  say VLC try say amarok or rhythmbox  or add a song to make sure the client has not quit
    2. My first step is check the health of the system  like this    airtime-check-system   
    3. Then do some realtime check on the system     like this     sudo airtime-log -t liquidsoap
    4. Then look deeper at the logs                             like this    sudo airtime-log -v media-monitor
    5. Try also to send test-tone to the server to see if its Icecast or airtime

here is my write up on the procedure  

http://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15654/airtime-troubleshoot-for-dummies-like-me-basic-things-you-can-do-to-see-under-the-hood

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-07-17 19:18:12
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Thanks for the advice. Right now, I've reinstalled airtime 2.3 and restarted liquidsoap and the monitor. Things are working beautifully. Right now I'm going to leave it at that, because it was driving me crazy. But thanks for the advice, I will try it in the future.

Dane
  • I hope you meant 2.4, the previous version 2.3 has a known problem with liquidsoap and so you will have to upgrade your  liquidsoap  to use 2.3

2.4 have a whole lot of benefits even the monit is almost perfect that if you issue a liquidsoap stop, monit will bring back liquidsoap up which is great should the liquidsoap crash.

Please upgrade to 2.4(hope thats amistake you typed
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2013-07-18 15:10:38
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • yes, I meant 2.3, now it won't add new media despite restarting the monitor and rabbit server
  • solved. I updated to 2.4. All is working now
  • I broke it again...

For whatever reason, I decided to upgrade to ubuntu 12.10 and now airtime is broken

All appears to be installed properly but it stays offline

Any Suggestions?

AIRTIME_STATUS_URL             = http://localhost:80/api/status/format/json/api_key/%%api_key%%
    AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = 3.5.0-37-generic
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = x86_64
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = 2050840
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = 3119484
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = 2.4.0
    OS                             = Ubuntu 12.10 x86_64
    CPU                            = Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D510   @ 1.66GHz
    WEB_SERVER                     = Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = 2170
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 2296
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 0.8%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0.7%
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = 9720
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 3
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 1.0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 0.0%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = 2632
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 2289
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 0.7%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0.0%
    -- Your installation of Airtime looks OK!
    Airtime root folder found at /usr/share/airtime
    Updating /usr/share/airtime/application/configs/application.ini
    Updating /usr/share/airtime/build/build.properties
    Updating /usr/share/airtime/build/runtime-conf.xml
    Success!
    Restarting Airtime Scheduler: Done.
    Restarting Airtime Media Monitor: Done.
    Restarting icecast2: Starting icecast2
    Detaching from the console
    icecast2.
    Restarting Airtime Scheduler: Done.
     * Stopping daemon monitor monit                                         [ OK ]
     * Starting daemon monitor monit 
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    Can you zip the log and upload here?
    Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
  • Which log file?
    Airtime?
    icecast?
    liquidsoap?
    Airtime, please.
  • here's pypo.log

2013-08-01 10:30:00,640 DEBUG - [pypocli.py : configure_locale() : line 65] - Before ANSI_X3.4-1968
    2013-08-01 10:30:00,641 DEBUG - [pypocli.py : configure_locale() : line 69] - No locale currently set. Attempting to get default locale.
    2013-08-01 10:30:00,643 INFO - [pypocli.py : configure_locale() : line 84] - New locale set to: en_US.UTF-8
    2013-08-01 10:30:00,644 DEBUG - [pypocli.py : configure_locale() : line 91] - sys default encoding UTF-8
    2013-08-01 10:30:00,645 DEBUG - [pypocli.py : configure_locale() : line 92] - After UTF-8
    2013-08-01 10:30:00,649 INFO - [pypocli.py : <module>() : line 144] - ###########################################
    2013-08-01 10:30:00,650 INFO - [pypocli.py : <module>() : line 145] - #             *** pypo  ***               #
    2013-08-01 10:30:00,651 INFO - [pypocli.py : <module>() : line 146] - #   Liquidsoap Scheduled Playout System   #
    2013-08-01 10:30:00,652 INFO - [pypocli.py : <module>() : line 147] - ###########################################
    2013-08-01 10:30:00,653 INFO - [pypocli.py : <module>() : line 152] - Timezone: ('PST', 'PDT')
    2013-08-01 10:30:00,653 INFO - [pypocli.py : <module>() : line 153] - UTC time: 2013-08-01 17:30:00.653755
    2013-08-01 10:30:00,667 DEBUG - [api_client.py : __get_airtime_version() : line 154] - Trying to contact http://localhost:80/api/version/api_ke$
    2013-08-01 10:30:01,212 DEBUG - [api_client.py : __get_airtime_version() : line 160] - Data: {"version":"2.2.0"}
    2013-08-01 10:30:01,213 DEBUG - [api_client.py : __get_airtime_version() : line 163] - Airtime Version 2.2.0 detected
    2013-08-01 10:30:01,215 INFO - [api_client.py : is_server_compatible() : line 201] - Airtime version: 2.2.0
    2013-08-01 10:30:01,216 INFO - [api_client.py : is_server_compatible() : line 202] - pypo is at version 2.2.0 and is compatible with this versi$
    2013-08-01 10:30:01,217 DEBUG - [pypocli.py : liquidsoap_running_test() : line 125] - Checking to see if Liquidsoap is running
    2013-08-01 10:30:01,225 ERROR - [pypocli.py : liquidsoap_running_test() : line 135] - [Errno 111] Connection refused
    2013-08-01 10:30:01,226 WARNING - [pypocli.py : <module>() : line 168] - Liquidsoap not started yet. Sleeping one second and trying again
    2013-08-01 10:30:02,228 DEBUG - [pypocli.py : liquidsoap_running_test() : line 125] - Checking to see if Liquidsoap is running
    2013-08-01 10:30:04,746 INFO - [pypocli.py : liquidsoap_running_test() : line 133] - Found: Liquidsoap 1.1.1+scm (git://github.com/savonet/liqu$
    END
    Bye!

2013-08-01 10:30:05,188 DEBUG - [pypofetch.py : __init__() : line 56] - Cache dir /var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler
    2013-08-01 10:30:05,190 INFO - [pypofetch.py : __init__() : line 71] - PypoFetch: init complete
    2013-08-01 10:30:05,210 INFO - [api_client.py : get_schedule() : line 212] - Fetching schedule from http://localhost:80/api/schedule/api_key/%%$
    2013-08-01 10:30:05,293 DEBUG - [connection.py : _start() : line 661] - Start from server, version: 8.0, properties: {u'information': u'License$
                                                                  [ Read 3190 lines ]

Well, those lines look fine.

You said you've upgraded distribution. That makes me thinking it might need to upgrade liquidsoap as well.

Could you please check /etc/apt/source.list if 
    exists?

If it is, please try to reinstall liquidsoap after.
  • We're running liquidsoap 1.1.1

/etc/apt/sources.list had

deb http://apt.sourcefabric.org/ quantal main rem'ed out

removed the # and rebooted

Reinstalled liquidsoap 1.1.1

Still shows offline
    I was wondering if liquidsoap is still on Precise or something.

Any chance could you upload full log tgz here, just do:
    sudo airtime-log --dump

• Is there a better way to send this to you?

I'd rather not make the logs public

Thanks
    Please send to my email: cliff dot wang at sourcefabric dot org
  • It would appear we're on our way to getting this to work

I reviewed the fstab file and tried a different way of mounting the NAS where the files reside

Did a sudo mount -a

I also re-installed everything including airtime 2.4 AND liquidsoap 1.1.1

Restored the old database after dropping the fresh one and all came back

We're currently up and will report in a day to see if it stays on air

Thanks!
  • My embedded player in the site I use to stream the content is broken now so now I need to fix that

Oh well

Thanks again
  • sudo airtime-log -d

is a good way and good size file

untar and open each log with text editor and do a search and replace for the username and password

then tar back and send

• The airtime installation has been up for over 24 hours and all seems to be working

Thank you to Cliff for your help~!