2.4 upgrade & Schedule messed up - now can't delete a show.
  • As you might have seen in the 2.4 release thread there seems to be a bug with upgrading to 2.4 doing odd things to repeating schedules - like putting all the shows in one day.

e.g. image

I managed to delete and recreate all the slots bar one - the first slot on Monday on that screenshot. I've tried and tried, even cancelling the currently running show - or trying after the time, and can't delete the later multiple instances (usually I could delete the weekend ones, and then the weekday ones with "Delete all and instances" - but not this slot for some reason.

Is there a manual way to delete a future slot(s)? Or even reset the schedule fully, although after having to recreate it all I'd be far from happy doing that..it's weird, this didn't show for several weeks after upgrading, it's like something screwed up the shows several weeks down the line, and mostly likely was the 2.4 upgrade - or beta/Release Candidates? I was having problems with Liquidsoap hence the upgrade - I'd have waited for the current version if I'd had an option....
  • 16 Comments sorted by
  • Also not sure if I have a postgressql backup for 2.3 period, I think I do - might have the same problem, but I don't know how to restore a postgressql dump? Also I'd lose all the current data...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    Usually there should be a backup file generated during Airtime upgrade:
    ******************************** Upgrade Begin *********************************
    * Backing up current database to /home/martin/airtime_2.4.0.sql
     * Success
    * Updating configFiles
    * Updating Database
     * Complete
    ******************************* Upgrade Complete *******************************
    Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
  • I have this issue as well.  I am just starting out with Airtime and scheduled a few recurring shows in the calendar.  There is now no content in them.  I would now like to delete these shows and all the recurring episodes to start a schedule from scratch again.  However the Delete This Instance and Delete This Instance And All Following options have no effect.

As Tim requested, is there a way to make this work?  Or a way to wipe the whole schedule and start again? (My schedule only has these two test shows in it, and it is not a problem for me to wipe them and start again)

If someone could help it would make me very happy - just starting out with Airtime (and Ubuntu!) and everything is a bit strange and complicated - any (simple!) advice would be really welcome.

hopeful thanks!
    dk
  • @Tim what was your php version before you upgraded to Airtime 2.4 ? If it was 5.3 you should upgrade to 5.4 before upgrading Airtime to 2.4

@David are there any errors in /var/log/airtime/zendphp,log when you try to delete the shows from the calendar?

You can wipe all the shows from the calendar by running this in the terminal:

sudo -u postgres psql airtime -c "delete from cc_show"

• I was using the latest php (via apt-get update) as of when I updated to 2.4 RC1 when it came out, which is a month or so ago? Not sure what version it was, but know if it was in the main repositories I'd have updated it before upgrading.
  • @Tim, OK so we can rule that reason out.
    Was this the result immediately after upgrading?
    Or did it happen after making some changes to the calendar/schedule?
    Any details at all will be very helpful in hunting this bug down.

• Not sure, because the shows were corrupted several weeks on, so it was fine (there were other issues, but the schedule was OK) for several weeks - eventually upgraded to the full version of 2.4...I checked the schedule was good for the next week or two....and it was.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    In our case this happened after scheduling the first monthly (day of week) recurring show.
    thx for the delete-all-shows-command!
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
    After uninstalling, purging database and reinstalling Airtime two weeks ago,
    I now got time the last days to delete all shows via commandline and reorganize our show-structure.

After scheduling a monthly (by day) repeating show for 03.08.2013 our calendar was messed up again.

Are there any other dependencies besides PHP 5.4 regarding this issue?

I will add a log-file soon and reorganize the shows again next week without monthly shows. ;-)
  • We think we found out why shows are getting duplicated in the calendar.
    If anyone is interested in patching this fix before we release it with 2.4.1 you can have a look at the diff on github here:

• Any ideas on why delete doesn't seem to work in some cases?
    100.3 FM in Waterloo, ON, Canada
    www.soundfm.ca
  • I noticed something about the show I can't delete. It's the only one that displays options related to content when I click on it. There happens to be no content for this show, which is the same as all the other shows. Per the manual, I should see these options for any show I add but I only see them for shows which are not flagged to record. Is that normal? Another unique thing is that I cancelled this show part way through, while it was recording. It is a repeating show.

I used the command mentioned above to wipe my calendar. I am getting the same behavior with the new calendar.
    Post edited by Nat Persaud at 2013-08-06 23:27:31
    www.soundfm.ca
  • Did you apply the patch posted here? If you did, trying applying this https://github.com/sourcefabric/Airtime/commit/06f5f2f5a7d6cbeb17ea167b3a9cb2b9c96bf588 to it.

• How does one apply the patch?
    Post edited by Nat Persaud at 2013-08-07 23:25:10
    www.soundfm.ca
  • Just to thrown in my two cents. This is quite a serious problem as the default php in Ubuntu 12.04 (the last LTS) is 5.3 not 5.4 as Denise says is: If it was 5.3 you should upgrade to 5.4 before upgrading Airtime to 2.4

Sadly this advice is a bit late (and doesn't appear in the online manual). The question is what can be done recover a functioning calendar, if you have already upgraded to 2.4? Apply the patch or upgrade your php?

Sadly this advice is a bit late (and doesn't appear in the online manual). The question is what can be done recover a functioning calendar, if you have already upgraded to 2.4? Apply the patch or upgrade your php?

Sadly, I still got the same error from time to time.
    Although I got Apache 2.2.22 and PHP 5.4.

I did a screencast about Install Airtime & PHP5.4 yesterday, which should be uploaded soon.

How does one apply the patch?

I'm not experienced in this, but I try to apply this patch today or tomorrow.
    What I would try is to open ShowService.php and
    just uncomment the "red-marked" lines and add the "green-marked" lines.

My problem is, I only got this error on our Live-System at the Radio Station and couldn't reproduce the error on my teststation at home.
    So I don't feel quite safe applying the patch on a Live-System.