Airtime 2.4 beta2!
  • Hello All,

A step closer to release, we present beta 2. Changelog is the same as in beta1 except for bug fixes. We tried to fix every bug reported in the beta1 thread, if you feel this is not the case, please bring it up again in this thread. All bugs in beta2 should be announced here - we are hoping this is the final beta before the final.

Download link here:
    http://apt.sourcefabric.org/misc/airtime_2.4.0~beta2_all.deb

Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • 51 Comments sorted by
  • Changed the crossfade to 3 seconds... result is Song A fades into Song B, then Song A restarts from the beginning while Song B continues. Same thing happened with beta1, Debian 7 on both, too.
  • Everytime I change the content of shows I have to restart airtime-playout, otherwise the tracks wont play and the streams displays the offline message.
  • Roman -- have you noticed metadata not updating regularly as it should, too?
  • Roman -- have you noticed metadata not updating regularly as it should, too?

Yep, I had this problem since some version of Airtime. It seems to be working most of the time in 2.4 beta2 though.
  • @Roger

Is this crossfade problem easily reproducible? Do you have logs?
  • Everytime I change the content of shows I have to restart airtime-playout, otherwise the tracks wont play and the streams displays the offline message.

Please post the files pypo.log and py-interpreter.log in /var/log/airtime/pypo
  • Please post the files pypo.log and py-interpreter.log in /var/log/airtime/pypo

Here you go!
  • Thanks Roman,

From the logs, I can see you only restarted airtime-playout once. So once you did 'sudo service airtime-playout restart' everything began to work fine?

On a side note, what's the output of 'silan -V' on your system?

• silan version 0.3.1

I configured all my shows with the content, after that everything looks like it's working, at least it is displayed inside Airtime. But when I tried the stream I didn't hear anything. So I restarted airtime-playout and whoop, stream isn't offline anymore.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Cliff WangCliff Wang
    @Roger

Airtime at Wheezy works fine for me,  could please tail the output of pypo.log by following command:
    tail -F /var/log/airtime/pypo/pypo.log | grep "telnetliquidsoap.py : queue_push()"
    during the crossfading issue happens?

Changed the crossfade to 3 seconds... result is Song A fades into Song B, then Song A restarts from the beginning while Song B continues. Same thing happened with beta1, Debian 7 on both, too.

Cloud Radio -> http://airtime.pro
  • Cliff — think the bug I experienced earlier was related to aacgain. It was originally missing on my system and is probably essential now as of 2.4.
    Post edited by Roger Wilco at 2013-06-03 14:17:04
    I see.
  • silan version 0.3.1

I configured all my shows with the content, after that everything looks like it's working, at least it is displayed inside Airtime. But when I tried the stream I didn't hear anything. So I restarted airtime-playout and whoop, stream isn't offline anymore.

Roman, I am trying to reproduce this. I can see that the 4 min track '/mnt/airtime_mp3/library/Blutengel/Demon Kiss/1-02 Forever.mp3' was scheduled to begin at 14:10:46,000. Only 2 minutes later you restarted airtime-playout. Is this happened with all tracks, or could it simply be something wrong with this one?

Could you also post /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log (there may be multiple, find the one that contains the date/time for logs around 2013-05-31 14:12:24,210)
  • Testing Beta2 for a while and at the beginning the issue with cross-fade was occurring 100% of the time.  I was having Song A repeat at the point of Song B starting.  I was also having the issue where Song A would mute for less than a second, 5 frames, then come back at the point of the cross fade.  Now for some reason none of this is happening.  The cross fade is happening without any issues.  Did not upgrades or make any changes to the system, it just started to work.  I'm using MP3 and OGG.  At the beginning I tested AAC and it was also causing the problem but now it works.

One item that does not work is the BPM values are 0 on newly imported files.  This is nice to have working.  Replay-Gain works really good.  So far no problems with it.

I noticed that the cross-fade waveform adjustment is available only when you create a playlist.  Is this correct?  Can it be available when you create a Smart Block?
  • Spoke too soon.  I just noticed during a cross fade Song A muted for  less than a second when Song B started. Below is the output of 
    tail -F /var/log/airtime/pypo/pypo.log | grep "telnetliquidsoap.py : queue_push()"

2013-06-03 19:40:11,027 DEBUG - [telnetliquidsoap.py : queue_push() : line 85] - s1.push annotate:media_id="233",liq_start_next="0",liq_fade_in="5.0",liq_fade_out="5.0",liq_cue_in="0.0",liq_cue_out="184.765",schedule_table_id="462",replay_gain="-1.1 dB":/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/233.mp3
    2013-06-03 19:40:11,130 DEBUG - [telnetliquidsoap.py : queue_push() : line 91] - vars.show_name Untitled Show
    2013-06-03 19:40:12,073 DEBUG - [telnetliquidsoap.py : queue_push() : line 94] - 1

• Thanks Reaz. If it starts happening again, please post some logs asap. We
    will look into waveforms with smart blocks.
    On Jun 3, 2013 7:36 PM, "Reaz Baksh"
    wrote:

> Testing Beta2 for a while and at the beginning the issue with cross-fade
    > was occurring 100% of the time. I was having Song A repeat at the point of
    > Song B starting. I was also having the issue where Song A would mute for
    > less than a second, 5 frames, then come back at the point of the cross
    > fade. Now for some reason none of this is happening. The cross fade is
    > happening without any issues. Did not upgrades or make any changes to the
    > system, it just started to work. I'm using MP3 and OGG. At the beginning
    > I tested AAC and it was also causing the problem but now it works.
    >
    > One item that does not work is the BPM values are 0 on newly imported
    > files. This is nice to have working. Replay-Gain works really good. So
    > far no problems with it.
    >
    > I noticed that the cross-fade waveform adjustment is available only when
    > you create a playlist. Is this correct? Can it be available when you
    > create a Smart Block?
    >
    >
  • Reaz — try installing aacgain if you haven't already and/or disable replaygain in the preferences, then restart.
  • Looks like that did it.  Thanks Roger.  I installed aacgain, 1.9-dmo1, and after a reboot no issues with crossfade.  Did not disable Relay Gain.

One other item to mention that was with version 2.3.1, beta1 and beta2 is after adding content to a show and OK'ing it, the calinder display would not update its display to indicate content has been added.  I would have to select Calinder to refresh the page and it would then correctely show the status.

• @Roger @Reaz

This is interesting, I have no idea why installing aacgain would affect crossfading. If aacgain is missing, then the replaygain value of a track becomes simply 0dB. Why crossfade would start to work is the value becomes +8dB (for example) does not make any sense to me. Reaz, please keep us up-to-date whether it continues to work or not.
  • Unfortunately this morning I did hear a very slight mute at the cross fade point.  It was much less noticeable than before but still audible. 

Will let you know if I hear anything more.
    @Reaz,
    I just notice there is a "liq_cue_in="0.0"," from the log, it looks like silan doesn't work. Can you try: 

silan /var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/233.mp3

and see the output, please make sure that file exists.

or
    you could open the Library to see if every tracks' cue in is set as 0.0. 

BTW, waveform does come with smart block too.
    Post edited by Cliff Wang at 2013-06-04 12:10:15
  • All tracks from the db view has the cue in set to 0.0.  When I ran silan /var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/233.mp3  one each track listed in the /var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/  location the Sound On value is not 0.0 but something like 0.039252.  

Just now during a cross fade two tracks were playing at the same time for about 60 to 90 seconds:
    This is the output of tail -F /var/log/airtime/pypo/pypo.log | grep "telnetliquidsoap.py : queue_push()"

2013-06-04 18:10:09,008 DEBUG - [telnetliquidsoap.py : queue_push() : line 85] - s1.push annotate:media_id="230",liq_start_next="0",liq_fade_in="5.0",liq_fade_out="5.0",liq_cue_in="0.0",liq_cue_out="225.437",schedule_table_id="736",replay_gain="-1.75 dB":/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/230.mp3
    2013-06-04 18:10:09,099 DEBUG - [telnetliquidsoap.py : queue_push() : line 91] - vars.show_name Dhantal Radio
    2013-06-04 18:10:10,011 DEBUG - [telnetliquidsoap.py : queue_push() : line 94] - 4

The output for 230.mp3 is
    0.033560 Sound On
    222.087234 Sound Off
  • I also noticed that during the crossfade the ON AIR light would go off and then return to red after the crossfade.  The OFFLINE would not show up.

Cliff , I see the waveform on the Smart Blocks.  Would it be possible to get the waveform fade IN and OUT adjustments after a dynamic Smart Block is created?  What I'm looking for, if it can happen, is to create a Dynamic Smart Block and after this Smart Block is applied have the ability to adjust the fade IN and OUT per track.
    @Reaz,
    Yes, I think the incorrect cuein value (0.0) is the reason that silence between tracks even if crossfading has been set. And that's a bug because it seems re-installation will reset cuein for all tracks. Bug is created: http://dev.sourcefabric.org/browse/CC-5207. Thanks for helping address it.

Currently the workaround is to execute:
    update cc_files set silan_check='f';
    to push silan re-generate value, it happens every 5 mins.

As for waveform on Dynamic Smart Block,  waveform does only come with tracks in Playlist/Smart Block editor. There's no tracks in Dynamic Smart Block until it's been scheduled. Hence, the better solution for you could be waveform on Scheduler in the future release. Or you can set the global fade IN/OUT in System-> Preferences page.

About the ON AIR light problem, I will try to reproduce. Ticket will be submitted if it's confirmed.

• I bumped into something odd. After installing the deb the media monitor seems to be failing. My check system gets me:
    AIRTIME_STATUS_URL             = http://localhost:80/api/status/format/json/api_key/%%api_key%%
    AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = UNKNOWN
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = UNKNOWN
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = UNKNOWN
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = UNKNOWN
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = 2.4.0
    OS                             = Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS i686
    CPU                            = Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
    WEB_SERVER                     = Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu)
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = FAILED
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 0
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 0%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = FAILED
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 0
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 0%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = FAILED
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 0
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 0%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0%

Logs attached. What's odd, liquidsoap and playout are up - they produce logs. As far as I see there is a problem with rabbit server in media monitor. But what exactly is wrong, that I don't know. The application seems to work fine. I'm about to test if playout works....

There was no such an issue with beta1. Tested on ubuntu server 10.04. Architecure i386.

Please look into it.

Post edited by Marcin Tym at 2013-06-05 11:40:02
  • Hello Airtime Developers,

thanks for your work!
    I was especially excited when I read, that there would be a weekday-oriented repeat-function of monthly shows in the calendar! So i installed Airtime on an test-system. It was so easy to install, that's great!

But there's something that comes close to a bug within the calendar, i'd say:
    If you're scheduling a show on a fifth XXday of the month, then in the following months it's on the fourth XXday of the month. And even if there's a fifth XXday two or three months later, it stays on the fourth.
    And if you put show A on the fourth XYday and show B on the fifth XYday at the same daytime, both shows will show up on the fourth XYday at the same daytime for the following months ... .

What works great is all the first, second, third and fourth YYdays. Scheduled shows reoccur on the same day, even if one month has five YYdays!

And there's another thing, that may not really be a bug-report. But maybe you could consider it, when you're working on the calendar ;-) :
    The record-and-rebroadcast-function should be able work the same way the initial show-scheduling is. At least with monthly weekday-oriented shows the +XXdays-logic doesn't mix well.

But nevertheless thank you very much for improving the calendar!
    Florian
  • If you're scheduling a show on a fifth XXday of the month, then in the
    following months it's on the fourth XXday of the month. And even if there's
    a fifth XXday two or three months later, it stays on the fourth.

If you're scheduling on the 5th day of week, it gets treated as the last
    day of week in a month. If there is no 5th XXday, then it defaults to the
    4th XXday. I was able to reproduce the bug you mention about scheduling on
    the 4th XXday even if there is a 5th. I filed a ticket to fix this.

And if you put show A on the fourth XYday and show B on the fifth XYday at
    the same daytime, both shows will show up on the fourth XYday at the same
    daytime for the following months ... .

I can't reproduce this. Do you mean if both shows are scheduled at the same
    time but on different days? Can you provide an example of this?

Thanks for the feedback :)

• Since the extended library search option feature,
    there is a small but annoying Scrollbar Bug.

Post edited by bitdevil at 2013-06-05 14:10:42
  • Ran into this wee beastie spinning up a new beta2 instance. Maybe hostnames shouldn't start with a number?

Not creating home directory `/var/lib/rabbitmq'.
    [warn] Starting message broker: rabbitmq-server[....] FAILED - check /var/log/rabbitmq/startup_\{log, _err\} ... (warning).
     failed!

This is what was inside /var/log/rabbitmq/startup_log

ERROR: epmd error for host "2": badarg (unknown POSIX error)
  • Hi Denise,

thanks for your rapid response.
    If you're scheduling on the 5th day of week, it gets treated as the last
    day of week in a month. If there is no 5th XXday, then it defaults to the
    4th XXday. I was able to reproduce the bug you mention about scheduling on
    the 4th XXday even if there is a 5th. I filed a ticket to fix this.
    For us it would be best, if a show, that's scheduled for a fifth XXday would only appear in months that actually have a fifth XXday. The other problem is follow up to that:
    And if you put show A on the fourth XYday and show B on the fifth XYday at
    the same daytime, both shows will show up on the fourth XYday at the same
    daytime for the following months ... .

I can't reproduce this. Do you mean if both shows are scheduled at the same
    time but on different days? Can you provide an example of this?
    I have scheduled show A on sunday, june 23rd at 8pm (that's the fourth sunday of june). And i have scheduled show B on sunday, june 30th at 8 pm (fifth sunday).
    Both shows then show up sunday, july 28th at 8pm (and the following months, too).

Thanks and have a good time,
    Florian

• Ran into this wee beastie spinning up a new beta2 instance. Maybe hostnames shouldn't start with a number?

Not creating home directory `/var/lib/rabbitmq'.
    [warn] Starting message broker: rabbitmq-server[....] FAILED - check /var/log/rabbitmq/startup_\{log, _err\} ... (warning).
     failed!

This is what was inside /var/log/rabbitmq/startup_log

ERROR: epmd error for host "2": badarg (unknown POSIX error)

From that error message, it looks like your hostname is "2"? I don't think that's a valid hostname. If it is, then you will still have to change it or file a bug with rabbitmq :)
  • @Marcin+Tym,

Your logs look ok. 

Try visiting

and replace "%%api_key" with key found in /etc/airtime/airtime.conf, and verify webserver is actually responding correctly (webserver provides the health of these services)
  • From that error message, it looks like your hostname is "2"? I don't think that's a valid hostname. If it is, then you will still have to change it or file a bug with rabbitmq :)

Yeah, and the full name was "2.4beta2". The dot and everything behind it was cutoff. Usr error :)
  • Stuck again — installed liquidsoap1.1.1.deb, then latest airtime-b2.deb, built fdk, built soap from tutorial, ls script says  "detected at runtime", patched the web UI, reboot, and still nothing. Vorbis and MP3 do work though, so I know the plumbing is at least partially cobbled together...
  • Did you install fdk using these steps:

https://wiki.sourcefabric.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=13632310

?

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Roger Wilco <<br />airtime-dev@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> Stuck again — installed liquidsoap1.1.1.deb, then latest airtime-b2.deb,
    > built fdk, built soap from tutorial,
    > ls script says "detected at runtime", patched the web UI, reboot, and
    > still nothing. Vorbis and MP3 do work though, so I know the plumbing is at
    > least partially cobbled together...
    >
    >
  • Yep yep... don't forget to add the right Opus ocaml voodoo line to the tut, too! :)

Supported output formats
       - Vorbis            : yes
       - MP3               : yes
       - MP3 (fixed-point) : no (requires shine)
       - AAC               : no (requires voaacenc)
       - AAC+              : detected at runtime
       - FDK-AAC           : yes

• Vorbis and MP3 do work though, so I know the plumbing is at least partially cobbled together...

Typed too soon, playback and metadata is all out of queue with either one, and the ON AIR light keeps going off and on.
  • @bermuda.funk

Thanks for the clarification. I see what you mean now.
    We are going to change the behaviour and treat shows scheduled on the 5th XXday of a month as you suggested.

• @bermuda.funk

Thanks for the clarification. I see what you mean now.
    We are going to change the behaviour and treat shows scheduled on the 5th XXday of a month as you suggested.

@Denise

Great! Thanks again ... .

Are you considering to rework the record-repeat-function to work on the same basis? (I can't tell if that would be just a minor change for the software or if that would mean a big rework.)
    Because with the +XX-Days-scheme it is really impractical for a repeat-schedule that's also based on a monthly weekday-based plan.
    Example: Show A, live on fourth Saturday should repeat on the first Saturday of the following month. So for the show on Saturday, june 22nd (fourth Saturday) I'd have to set a 14-day time-span (because there's a fifth Saturday in june), but for the july-show this would mean that it's re-broadcasted on the second (not first) Saturday in august ... .
  • @Roger Have you been able to shed any light on this?

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Roger Wilco <<br />airtime-dev@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> Vorbis and MP3 do work though, so I know the plumbing is at least
    > partially cobbled together...
    >
    > Typed too soon, playback and metadata is all out of queue with either one,
    > and the ON AIR light keeps going off and on.
    >
    >
  • @Roger Have you been able to shed any light on this?

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Roger Wilco <
    airtime-dev@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> Vorbis and MP3 do work though, so I know the plumbing is at least
    > partially cobbled together...
    >
    > Typed too soon, playback and metadata is all out of queue with either one,
    > and the ON AIR light keeps going off and on.
    >
    >

Nope, more or less the same problem I had when building LS from scratch with 2.3. My best guess is that something's wrong with the crossfade/transition points and it just snowballs from there.

liquidsoap --version
    Liquidsoap 1.1.1+scm (git://github.com/savonet/liquidsoap.git@4d3af62ff06cb7e1c81073957598b88200a07938:20130605:201304)
    Copyright (c) 2003-2013 Savonet team

• from /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log

2013/06/06 23:32:52 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    2013/06/06 23:32:52 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    2013/06/06 23:33:02 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    2013/06/06 23:33:02 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    2013/06/06 23:33:12 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    2013/06/06 23:33:12 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    2013/06/06 23:33:22 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    2013/06/06 23:33:22 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    2013/06/06 23:33:32 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    2013/06/06 23:33:32 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    2013/06/06 23:33:33 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    2013/06/06 23:33:33 [decoder:3] Method "MP4" accepted "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/4.m4a".
    2013/06/06 23:33:33 [lang:3] vars.show_name
    2013/06/06 23:33:33 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    2013/06/06 23:33:33 [s0:3] Prepared "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/4.m4a" (RID 0).
    2013/06/06 23:33:33 [amplify_5573:3] Overriding amplification: 1.000000.
    2013/06/06 23:33:33 [lang:3] /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/notify.sh --media-id=55 &
    2013/06/06 23:33:33 [stdout:3]
    2013/06/06 23:33:33 [stdout:3] #########################################
    2013/06/06 23:33:33 [stdout:3] #           *** pypo  ***               #
    2013/06/06 23:33:33 [stdout:3] #     pypo notification gateway         #
    2013/06/06 23:33:33 [stdout:3] #########################################
    2013/06/06 23:33:35 [s1:3] Finished with "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/3.m4a".
    2013/06/06 23:33:35 [cue_cut_5582:3] End of track before cue-out point.
    2013/06/06 23:33:35 [amplify_5587:3] End of the current overriding.
    2013/06/06 23:33:43 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    2013/06/06 23:33:43 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    2013/06/06 23:33:53 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    2013/06/06 23:33:53 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    2013/06/06 23:34:03 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    2013/06/06 23:34:03 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.

Metadata seems to work at one transition then it inexplicably freezes and skips an entire track, even though it does in fact air/broadcast. Showbuilder dashboard reports it as playing, too.
  • So the problem is just with the display of what's currently playing in the
    Web UI, not actually what's being broadcast correct?

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 7:43 PM, Roger Wilco <<br />airtime-dev@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> from /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log
    >
    >
    >
    > 2013/06/06 23:32:52 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    > 2013/06/06 23:32:52 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:02 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:02 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:12 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:12 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:22 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:22 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:32 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:32 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [decoder:3] Method "MP4" accepted
    > "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/4.m4a".
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [lang:3] vars.show_name
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [s0:3] Prepared
    > "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/4.m4a" (RID 0).
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [amplify_5573:3] Overriding amplification: 1.000000.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [lang:3]
    > /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/notify.sh --media-id=55 &
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [stdout:3]
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [stdout:3] #########################################
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [stdout:3] # *** pypo *** #
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [stdout:3] # pypo notification gateway #
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:35 [s1:3] Finished with
    > "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/3.m4a".
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:35 [cue_cut_5582:3] End of track before cue-out point.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:35 [amplify_5587:3] End of the current overriding.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:43 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:43 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:53 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:53 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    > 2013/06/06 23:34:03 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    > 2013/06/06 23:34:03 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    >
    > Metadata seems to work at one transition then it inexplicably freezes and
    > skips an entire track, even though it does in fact air/broadcast.
    > Showbuilder dashboard reports it as playing, too.
    >
    >
  • Cliff — think the bug I experienced earlier was related to aacgain. It was originally missing on my system and is probably essential now as of 2.4.

Need to backtrack on this, not sure what's going on anymore.
  • So the problem is just with the display of what's currently playing in the
    Web UI, not actually what's being broadcast correct?

The Web UI seems to display titles correctly, it's the broadcast output that's being mangled somehow. I can confirm metadata is intermittently off (simply fails to update here and there) with 2.4, regardless of codec. Doesn't seem to be any major difference between the Sourcefabric Liquidsoap1.1.1 .debs or building it from scratch via git. Both appear to be broken on a clean Wheezy instances. Smooth sailing with 2.3.1 and LS1.1.1 however.
  • From this log, I can see track with id 4 (4.m4a), playing 2 seconds before
    track with id 3. So it looks like Liquidsoap is doing the right thing.

Can you post another log excerpt with +/- 10 seconds before and after the
    crossfade? Please also attach the entire pypo.log file.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 7:43 PM, Roger Wilco <<br />airtime-dev@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> from /var/log/airtime/pypo-liquidsoap/ls_script.log
    >
    >
    >
    > 2013/06/06 23:32:52 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    > 2013/06/06 23:32:52 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:02 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:02 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:12 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:12 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:22 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:22 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:32 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:32 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [decoder:3] Method "MP4" accepted
    > "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/4.m4a".
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [lang:3] vars.show_name
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [s0:3] Prepared
    > "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/4.m4a" (RID 0).
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [amplify_5573:3] Overriding amplification: 1.000000.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [lang:3]
    > /usr/lib/airtime/pypo/bin/liquidsoap_scripts/notify.sh --media-id=55 &
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [stdout:3]
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [stdout:3] # *** pypo *** #
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:33 [stdout:3] # pypo notification gateway #
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:35 [s1:3] Finished with
    > "/var/tmp/airtime/pypo/cache/scheduler/3.m4a".
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:35 [cue_cut_5582:3] End of track before cue-out point.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:35 [amplify_5587:3] End of the current overriding.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:43 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:43 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:53 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    > 2013/06/06 23:33:53 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    > 2013/06/06 23:34:03 [server:3] New client: localhost.
    > 2013/06/06 23:34:03 [server:3] Client localhost disconnected.
    >
    > Metadata seems to work at one transition then it inexplicably freezes and
    > skips an entire track, even though it does in fact air/broadcast.
    > Showbuilder dashboard reports it as playing, too.
    >
    >
  • @Marcin+Tym,

Your logs look ok. 

Try visiting

and replace "%%api_key" with key found in /etc/airtime/airtime.conf, and verify webserver is actually responding correctly (webserver provides the health of these services)

The output (after quick formatting :) ) is:
    {"status":
    {"platform":
    {"release":"UNKNOWN","machine":"UNKNOWN","memory":"UNKNOWN","swap":"UNKNOWN"
    },"airtime_version":"2.4.0","services":
    {"pypo":
    {"name":"airtime-playout","process_id":"FAILED","uptime_seconds":"-1","status":0,"memory_perc":"0%","memory_kb":"0","cpu_perc":"0%"
    },"liquidsoap":
    {"name":"airtime-liquidsoap","process_id":"FAILED","uptime_seconds":"-1","status":0,"memory_perc":"0%","memory_kb":"0","cpu_perc":"0%"
    },"media_monitor":
    {"name":"airtime-media-monitor","process_id":"FAILED","uptime_seconds":"-1","status":0,"memory_perc":"0%","memory_kb":"0","cpu_perc":"0%"
    }
    }
    }
    }

Seems fine....

And are media monitor logs also fine?

I found:
    -- 2013-06-04 23:16:21,109 ERROR - [Thread-4] [airtime.py : init_rabbit_mq()] : LINE 51 - [Errno 111] Połączenie odrzucone /* Connection refused */
    -- 2013-06-04 23:16:21,111 ERROR - [Thread-4] [eventdrainer.py : cb()] : LINE 22 - Error connecting to RabbitMQ Server.
    Post edited by Marcin Tym at 2013-06-07 11:36:55
  • @bermuda.funk

Unfortunately we won't be able to re-work the rebroadcast date scheduler for 2.4
    I think you gave a solid use case for it though. I've opened a ticket for this:

• What's the output of "sudo monit status"?

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Marcin Tym <<br />airtime-dev@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> @Marcin+Tym,
    >
    > Your logs look ok.
    >
    > Try visiting
    >
    > http://localhost:80/api/status/format/json/api_key/%%api_key%%
    >
    > and replace "%%api_key" with key found in /etc/airtime/airtime.conf, and
    > verify webserver is actually responding correctly (webserver provides the
    > health of these services)
    >
    > The output (after quick formatting :)) is:
    > {"status":
    > {"platform":
    >
    > {"release":"UNKNOWN","machine":"UNKNOWN","memory":"UNKNOWN","swap":"UNKNOWN"
    > },"airtime_version":"2.4.0","services":
    > {"pypo":
    >
    > {"name":"airtime-playout","process_id":"FAILED","uptime_seconds":"-1","status":0,"memory_perc":"0%","memory_kb":"0","cpu_perc":"0%"
    > },"liquidsoap":
    >
    > {"name":"airtime-liquidsoap","process_id":"FAILED","uptime_seconds":"-1","status":0,"memory_perc":"0%","memory_kb":"0","cpu_perc":"0%"
    > },"media_monitor":
    >
    > {"name":"airtime-media-monitor","process_id":"FAILED","uptime_seconds":"-1","status":0,"memory_perc":"0%","memory_kb":"0","cpu_perc":"0%"
    > }
    > }
    > }
    > }
    >
    > Seems fine....
    >
    >
  • @Martin Konecny

It's quite short:
    /etc/monit/conf.d/monit-airtime-liquidsoap.cfg:7: Error: syntax error 'does'

After commenting the line in question and restarting the server I got:
    AIRTIME_STATUS_URL             = http://localhost:80/api/status/format/json/api_key/%%api_key%%
    AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = 2.6.32-47-generic-pae
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = i686
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = 508668
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = UNKNOWN
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = 2.4.0
    OS                             = Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS i686
    CPU                            = Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
    WEB_SERVER                     = Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu)
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = NOT MONITORED
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 1
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 0%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = NOT MONITORED
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 1
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 0%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = NOT MONITORED
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 1
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 0%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0%