What is missing in Airtime
  • I would like to be able to play out. If there is a live broadcast that playlist can not be played until the end of the live broadcast. Or play/stop key for managing playlists.
    Post edited by andreylos28 at 2013-03-04 13:29:56
  • 14 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down MarinaMarina
    Airtime-developers! Do you think it'll be implementing soon? How it can be solved in the current version? Thank you!
  • I am not a developer. How to organize such a possibility not yet know. 'm studying the source code

• Vote Up0Vote Down MarinaMarina

I am not a developer. How to organize such a possibility not yet know. 'm studying the source code

I know. :) I just wanted to show up the topic for our Airtime-developers.
  • I want to have added buttons play/pause Show
    If it is possible, to the next update
  • I'd love to tweet/FB post the track currently playing...or has this been done via the API? Be good to have an auto-tweet option...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down YannickYannick
    Hi cheers developpers ;)

Do you plan for the possibility to have statistics on what is broadcast on the air?

Thanks
  • You mean like what's in the System>Listener Stats sub-menu?
    Yannick said:

Hi cheers developpers ;)

Do you plan for the possibility to have statistics on what is broadcast on the air?

Thanks

• I would like to be able to play out. If there is a live broadcast that playlist can not be played until the end of the live broadcast. Or play/stop key for managing playlists.

This would be a nice to have, but it's not scheduled for the future at the moment.
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Daniel JamesDaniel James
    Hi Andrey, in Airtime 2.3.0 onwards you have the option to shorten a running show. Click on the running show in the Calendar, click Edit show, change the end time and click Save. I would suggest ending the show a minute or two in the future to give yourself time to organize the replacement content.

As for a pause/stop button, we do not have that because it would not be automation. For example if you pause a file, what would happen to the timing of the rest of the show? We can fade out the last item in the show, which is sometimes OK for music but really not good for speech.

If you want to do a manual start for file playout, create a show with some empty time, then drag and drop the files you want into the Now Playing page. You also have the option to delete a currently playing file in an emergency.

Cheers!

Daniel 

• As for a pause/stop button, we do not have that because it would not be automation. For example if you pause a file, what would happen to the timing of the rest of the show? We can fade out the last item in the show, which is sometimes OK for music but really not good for speech.

The vast majority of professional American automation systems have some sort of master stop/pause override and easy track skipping, not to mention multi-track support. Maybe the Airtime clocking concept needs some rethinking? :)

http://www.wideorbit.com/images/downloads/WOAuto/WO_Automation_for_Radio.pdf

http://www.rcsworks.com/en/products/zetta/default.aspx

• Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    For sure Airtime would be much better with functionalities like RCS-Products...
    But in my opinion, Airtime is (and should stay) a Backend-Automation-System.
    afaik Zetta & WO Automation are both Backend & Frontend in One!

If the Sourcefabric-Team is thinking of pushing Airtime to Front-End,
    I would suggest to create a new Product working in a Client-Server-Setting with Airtime as Back-End.
    In the way Airtime works with Newscoop...

Honestly, I'd love to have an ABSOLUTELY STABLE Airtime-Backend with physical Line-In-Possibility incl. ShowRecord, Auto-Fallback with smooth SmartPlaylisting and the possibility of scheduling exact to Seconds instead of having "Minutes" as the smallest timevalue, and much more... ;-)

just my 2 cents...
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • hoerich said:

For sure Airtime would be much better with functionalities like RCS-Products...
    But in my opinion, Airtime is (and should stay) a Backend-Automation-System.
    afaik Zetta & WO Automation are both Backend & Frontend in One!

If the Sourcefabric-Team is thinking of pushing Airtime to Front-End,
    I would suggest to create a new Product working in a Client-Server-Setting with Airtime as Back-End.
    In the way Airtime works with Newscoop...

Honestly, I'd love to have an ABSOLUTELY STABLE Airtime-Backend with physical Line-In-Possibility incl. ShowRecord, Auto-Fallback with smooth SmartPlaylisting and the possibility of scheduling exact to Seconds instead of having "Minutes" as the smallest timevalue, and much more... ;-)

just my 2 cents...

Awesome points!! Yes, the current "backend" style with an HTTP front is EXACTLY what makes it so compelling versus practically every other solution out there. :)
  • Vote Up0Vote Down YannickYannick
    No, I wanted to talk more statistics about musical styles that were broadcast (13% blues, 20% rock, a particular album, ..) as well as statistics on the sound library (reggae, rock, blues. .)

You mean like what's in the System>Listener Stats sub-menu?
    Hi cheers developpers ;)
    Thanks

• Yannick said:

No, I wanted to talk more statistics about musical styles that were broadcast (13% blues, 20% rock, a particular album, ..) as well as statistics on the sound library (reggae, rock, blues. .)

You mean like what's in the System>Listener Stats sub-menu?
    Hi cheers developpers ;)
    Thanks

Good points! Merging total listener counts with System>Playout History would be killer, too!!