Change Priority of Scheduled Playout, Show Source, Master Source
  • Vote Up0Vote Down hoerichhoerich
    hi to all members,

i'm working at an austrian community radio station, and after a market round-up and testing a few, we decided to install airtime in fall 2012.
    Like everyone of us, we also have special needs on radio automation.
    Some of these features are on your roadmap for the next versions, like Stream-Rebroadcasting (BBC) & SmartPlaylists.
    For now, we shuffle our daily Playlists from a WinXP-Machine running foobar2000 to an icecast-server to handle SmartPlaylisting & Rebroadcasting.

Our current RadioAutomation (based on VLC) has frequent errors, meaning dead-air.
    So, I'm now in the situation to choose wheter to wait for the feature implementations or to workaround with liquidsoap.

I did change the Fallback described at http://myassradio.com/index.php/software/airtime/5-fallback-folder and changed it,
    to fall back on our foobar2000-stream (input.http).
    But this is not very reliable, so i thought about another fallback (playlist) for the foobar2000-stream,
    but realised, i would have get more in touch with liquidsoap to mess around.

But what about just changing the Priority of the already usable MASTER SOURCE and SHOW SOURCE,
    so that everytime when nothing is scheduled in AIRTIME it falls back to MASTER SOURCE.

Long speech, no sense ;-)
    Is it possible to do this in no time? Or do i have to learn scripting liquidsoap first?
    Should i wait for the features or learn Liquidsoap? ;-)

Thanks for any help!
    Official Airtime Forum Manager
    --------------------------
    Most of the time an issue is located between keyboard and chair.
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • It should be simple to change the priority of the Master and Scheduled streams. Off the top of my head, you may simply need to change the order of these sources in the "switch()" function in the liquidsoap scripts. 

Check line 139 of ls_script.liq

Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
    thx for the quick suggestion!!
    but i think i'll try it after going on holidays for a month.
    thanks for now, see you in september ;-)
  • I found it easier to drop the master stream out of the equation for now.

I use the live show source as the master and the scheduled show slots as fallback.

All the dj's can connect to live show with custom auth at the time their scheduled and when there is no dj live it fallsback to schedule which in my case contains a webstream block that plays my scheduled playlists or acts as my autodj.

It's quite a few hops and would be much better for Airtime to include the feature.

mikeibc said:

I use the live show source as the master and the scheduled show slots as fallback.

falling back from Showsource to Scheduled Content is default.
    atm I want to try to fallback from Scheduled Content to Mastersource (or a fourth source)
    I'll prefer trying with a further source, instead of messing around deactivating mastersource-input-overriding.
  • Two Ways for this  programme the  show source  for the calender time it will only activated at that time slot

or use the fail mount in icecast.

I have some one using airtime now, for the studio I use the Master  and then I put the fail mount on a laptop ,so at anytime they boot they are ready to go live

Djs use the show source too

Icecast have stream=>live=>listen

Listen is place on the transmitter and for clients

live is when they just want to broadcast,I am now learning how to write a bash script (linux)and a bat script(windows) for them to start and stop the stream will share with you soon  
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.

Two Ways for this  programme the  show source  for the calender time it will only activated at that time slot

this is how I do it now, but a fallback would be more comfortable for our program coordinator.

I have some one using airtime now, for the studio I use the Master  and then I put the fail mount on a laptop ,so at anytime they boot they are ready to go live

Djs use the show source too

We don't want the studio acting as Mastersource, because being a FM Community Radio Station, about 120 people do have the key to our studio doing their show unattended and we don't want them to be able to hijack the scheduled output with shitstorm-shows. We've had that often enough, this is a security-risk ;-)

I lay this topic back for a month, don't have time to play around atm.
    Please report your results with the scripts, Voisses!