Comments On Airtime 2.1.0-RC1
  • Did a fresh in stall and all seems to be going better than before and the best airtime experience so far

We are still importing and populating the database so we've not pushed it too much as of yet

One issue that has developed:

The local audio is not playing the tracks but some very odd digital noise

This was not the case in previous versions

Any suggestions?
  • 25 Comments sorted by
  • What do you mean by local audio? The audio generated by the Liquidsoap stream or the audio generated when previewing a file in the browser? 
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • The preview audio from the local browser

It worked normally in previous versions
  • Got it

Somehow during the install, the pulse audio settings were changed

pulseaudio>>configuration>>Internal audio

I changed it back to Analog Stereo Duplex and local audio is now normal
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    one question
    I need to re-stream a stream on port 80
    and airtime ask me an port betwenn  '1024' and '49151', inclusively
    how can i do ?
  • Hi Albert,

From what I understand, you want an external stream source to connect to Liquidsoap on port 80?

Only processes running as root can open ports 1024 and lower. We don't support that since Liquidsoap does not run as root user. 
    I'm not sure :/
    I'm talking about "show source"
    Post edited by Albert FR at 2012-05-27 11:11:06
  • Albert,

The Airtime feature allows a third party to connect directly to Liquidsoap and that stream is then rebroadcast.

I think you are thinking the opposite where Liquidsoap is the one that initiates a connection to a third party source and rebroadcasts that music.

If you are thinking of the second rebroadcast way, we are looking to add that feature soon as well.
    I'm thinking the second rebroadcast way :(
    I hope you add this feature really, really soon :D

• It looks like I managed to break RC1

Some of the play lists are broken so I cannot add them to a scheduled any more

They simply stopped functioning

Not all are broken just some of the play lists

Also, we have gone "off air" a few times for no particular reason in the past few days

Anyone else experiencing these issues?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down NaomiNaomi
    can you still view one of these "broken" playlists in the playlist editor?

There might be some kind of error in  /var/log/airtime/zendphp.log when you're trying to schedule it that could be of use.
  • Yes...

Here are the apache logs

[Wed May 30 13:19:59 2012] [error] [client ***.***.***.49] request failed: error reading the headers

[Wed May 30 17:42:14 2012] [error] [client ***.***.***.59] PHP Notice: 
    Undefined variable: validateStartTime in
    /usr/share/airtime/application/controllers/ScheduleController.php on
    line 771, referer: http://192.168.1.127/Schedule

[Wed May 30 17:50:59 2012] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down

[Wed May 30 17:52:38 2012] [notice] Apache/2.2.17 (Ubuntu)
    PHP/5.3.5-1ubuntu7.8 with Suhosin-Patch configured -- resuming normal
    operations

[Thu May 31 01:21:54 2012] [error] [client ***.***.***.68] request failed: error reading the headers

[Thu May 31 06:28:58 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice: 
    Undefined offset: 2 in
    /usr/share/airtime/application/models/Schedule.php on line 368, referer:
    http://localhost/Schedule

Undefined offset: 2 in
    /usr/share/airtime/application/models/Schedule.php on line 375, referer:

Undefined offset: 1 in
    /usr/share/airtime/application/models/Schedule.php on line 377, referer:

In looking at the zend log I'm not seeing anything odd

In the icecast log I'm seeing this quite a bit

INFO util/util_conv_string converting metadata from UTF-8 to ISO8859-1
  • I just opened up the play list in question and the files show as being offline and the total number of files has decreased

I'm now searching to see if the files are still there on the NAS

There's no reason why they wouldn't be...

Question: Does airtime have the ability to delete source files from a drive and not just remove them from the airtime database?

Thanks
  • The source files all appear to still be on the NAS so it looks like the database borked and gave up those records

Is there a way to re-scan the mounted folders and "revive" the files that show as not online?
    Post edited by Bob Zurunclε at 2012-05-31 11:06:13
  • Were folders "Watched" on NAS dirive? or did you set storage folder on NAS?
  • The folders were already set up on the NAS and they were watched by setting
    system>>media folder>>Watched Folders

Hmmm....
  • then try remove watch and add them again. That should re-trigger the scan.
  • Did that and nothing
    The mount point is active.
    I can navigate to it from terminal OR use the file manger and view the folder content

Airtime does not see it
    Post edited by Bob Zurunclε at 2012-05-31 18:20:56
  • All playlists have blown up

I see the file reference BUT the little "!" arrow showing the file is no longer available is displayed on all content in the playlists

Removing and adding again watch did not work to restore the database

All the original file on the NAS are there, mounted and available but the database does not see them any more
  • Can you please attach media monitor log? /var/log/airtime/media-monitor/media-monitor.log
  • For security reasons I'm not going to post the entire log BUT

Here's the recurring issue

2012-05-31 18:15:27,278 INFO - [MainThread] [airtimeprocessevent.py : process_IN_DELETE_SELF()] : LINE 92 - event: <Event dir=True mask=0x400 maskname=IN_DELETE_SELF name='' path=/home/local/

The software went into a search and destroy mission wiping out all referenced files in the database

2012-05-31 18:15:27,278 INFO - [MainThread] [airtimeprocessevent.py : process_IN_DELETE_SELF()] : LINE 92 - event: <Event dir=True mask=0x400 maskname=IN_DELETE_SELF name='' path=/home/files/MP4$
    2012-05-31 18:15:27,889 INFO - [MainThread] [airtimeprocessevent.py : process_IN_DELETE_SELF()] : LINE 92 - event: <Event dir=True mask=0x400 maskname=IN_DELETE_SELF name='' path=/home/files/pa$
    2012-05-31 18:15:28,264 INFO - [MainThread] [airtimeprocessevent.py : process_IN_DELETE_SELF()] : LINE 92 - event: <Event dir=True mask=0x400 maskname=IN_DELETE_SELF name='' path=/home/files/athn$
  • What's the NAS mount point path? /home/files?
  • Yes
  • Today i spent my day checking on airtime. Here is what i came up with:
    General: Ubuntu 12.04, fresh installation of the deb package of 2.1 RC. Used airtime player to check it out (using the "listen" button)

1. During installing (which i have to say the deb package was easier comparing to the "easy ubuntu way", two weeks ago i gave up installing airtime with the "easy ubuntu way" and never installed it up until today when i found the deb package of the 2.1 version) i was asked for the admin password. I made a mistake which made me install it from the beginning. I suggest a password confirmation during installation would avoid (stupid) things like mine ;) 

2. when preferences (system -> streams) where changed, a message came up saying what will and what will not be affected. In the message it was said that in some cases listeners would listen to silence for 5 to 10 secs. Well in my case, when i changed the genre and url something else happened. 
    Well instead of silence i listened to what (i think) was buffered to the player for the previous list. 

3. One more with two concurent lists. One can make a list lets say for Saturday from 18:00 until 19:00. But he/she can also make a new list for 18:30 until 20:00. What is more, the duration of each list can be different to the airtime scheduler.

There is an amount of time where both lists are "online"... In my opinion, airitme should be able to check this.

In this case it took the player about 5 minutes to understand the "mistake" and move to the second list which was the case in the airtime stats (during this check the airtime upper left corner showed what was supposes to be on air). And a minute later it went back to the first one.(i would say it was at the beginning of the list meaning that it could be what had been buffered from the previous list - the stats in airtime was about the second list). When the second list ended (when was expected to end) it moved back to the second list and in another minute back to the first list.

My exact example (will be easier to understand, since english is not my mother tongue)
    19:40 - 20:00 playlist (however this list exceeded the 20:00 (airtime scheduler) limit by 17 min and 11 seconds, this means that if there wasn't the 20:00 limit it would end at 20:17:11, for the convinience i will name this list as LIST#1)
    20:00 - 20:30 playlist (this time the list is whithin the (airtime scheduler) limit, it will end at 20:23:40, for the convinience i will name this list as LIST#2)

in the above example even though the airtime scheduler distinguishes the lists at 20:00, the lists i made do not. The result was that it took airtime about 5 minutes to understand the "mistake" and move from LIST1 to LIST2 (this was made at about 20:05:00). However about a minute later it moved back to LIST1 (about 20:06:00). When LIST1 ended (at 20:17:11) airtime moved to LIST2. But this was only for a minute, since it moved again back to LIST1 (about 20:18:00). This moving to LIST1 could be what was buffered in the player but can not say for sure. 
    What i did forget to do was to reload the player and see what happens. 
    However my opinion is that airtime should forbid overlaping playlists.

p.s. this is the support list, should i move my post to the development list whithin "airtime 2.1.0 rc" post?

Post edited by kosnick at 2012-06-02 13:58:31
  • Moved to 2.1 RC 2 (debian)  and all seems to be working for the past few days

Hopefully the database won't bork

We've gone so far to creating a cron job to backup the database in case something goes wrong

Keep your fingers crossed
  • @kosnick,

We allow shows to overlap because it is sometimes useful to do this as an intermediate step when rearranging shows. However I agree that overlapping shows should somehow warn users. We'll take a look into this.