Airtime 2.0.1 out today!
  • Airtime 2.0.1 is out! Thanks to everyone here for all the help, bug-reporting and suggestions. You know who you are and we know who you are. You're great.

From scheduler fixes to Media Monitor improvements, this update is all about stability. Oh, and the reinstating of Australia and the Arctic whose timezones disappeared mysteriously in the last release... welcome back guys!

The full lowdown on the changes is here, the tarball apt-getters should receive their updates automatically.

Let us know how you get on - if you encounter any specific issues, start a new post in the forum and the team will be happy to help out!

Thanks again for all the help! 

Adam

• 7 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    Hello Adam ;)

One thing

that's is possible in the futures versions of airtime to backup ls_script.liq ?
    instead of overwrite it ?

thanks ;)
  • Hi Albert,

For now just backup your custom script before upgrading. You should only have to do it every few weeks. Since we are working hard on new features maybe you won't need a custom script in a few months :) 
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Hi Martin,

would you please clarify this point as we're linux users but not so skileld in developing?

I understood that who installed Airtime with the automated process (apt-get) can upgrade in the same way typing the command

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade

I suppose the next step to be

sudo apt-get install airtime

Is it correct?

Then, if I understood correctly, the ls_script.liq will be overwritten so all the playlist will be lost. Is it?

Is this the reason why that script have to be backupped before upgrading?

Thanks
  • Hi,

You shouldn't need to backup anything. Albert has made some customizations to the Airtime code, and so on upgrade his changes are overwritten. This won't affect normal users of Airtime like you.

Just do "sudo apt-get install airtime", and all your playlists, schedules and library will still be present :)
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Paul BaranowskiPaul Baranowski
    This is enough to get the new version:

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Albert FRAlbert FR
    perhaps a good thing to add for the next release is a postgresql backup from the web app ;)

• Hi,

I just upgraded our Airtime from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1.

Steps on Debian 6 (as root)

apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get install Airtime

The process took about 1 minute to complete succesfully.
    Then I restarted Airtime playout but no sound from the player nor through icecast that looke timed out.

So first I rebooted my VPS and Airplay started to play and stream normally again but in the stream settings an error message about Icecast timed out was hilighted.

So I disabled the Icecast stream, saved settings, enabled again and saved. FIXED!
    I experienced this last issue only with stream 1 (Icecast) whilst stream 2 (Shoutcast) went on working correctly at all time.

Hope my experience useful for other Airtime users.