scheduling/adding webstream
  • Hi folks,

As the topic title suggests - I'm wondering if the 'add webstream' function which was available in Campcaster will still be available in Airtime?

Cheers
    J

roll on Monday.. Razz
  • 9 Comments sorted by
  • Hi,

Live webstream will be available. Currently it is available via http://yourdomain.com:8000/airtime.mp3
    Airtime Pro Hosting: http://airtime.pro
  • Hi Martin,

That's not what I mean. In Campcaster there is a function to schedule streams i.e if my station wanted to pick up a stream from another station we could automate this to happen. Just like playing a playlist except it was a stream.
  • Yes, this a very commonly requested feature by a lot of radio stations... Smile
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Micz FlorMicz Flor
    is there a ticket filed for this? if not, martin, john or adam, could you file one? that means a huge step forward into seeing this feature integrated soon.
  • hi Micz I'll go do one.. but where? do I just post in in the development forum?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Paul BaranowskiPaul Baranowski
    Unfortunately "Add webstream" will not be supported for the 1.6 release. It
    is a high priority feature for us however, and will most likely be
    implemented for the next release.

Paul Baranowski
    CTO, Sourcefabric, http://sourcefabric.org

+1 (416) 832-6436 (Cell)
    720 Bathurst St. / Suite 203 / Toronto / ON / M5S 2R4 / Canada

• bummer Sad

thanks for the reply Paul
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Micz FlorMicz Flor
    "bummer" is a big word for such short release cycles Smile i am not entirely familiar with the inner workings of Airtime, but one of the advantages of building on Liquidsoap was the fact that the entire streaming complex becomes much easier.

The possibility of scheduling remote streams in your local radio programme was in the original Campcaster specifications from 2002. To my knowledge it never worked reliably. but it will happen. Airtime will finally become that one solution that allows you to think radio "in the cloud" Smile
  • :)

Yes you are right bummer is perhaps too large a word in this instance. Liquid soap / airtime does look hugely promising for some great radio clouds. I was however hoping to start testing from the off. Not to worry.

On 11 Feb 2011, at 09:22, Micz Flor <airtime-support@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

>
    > "bummer" is a big word for such short release cycles i am not entirely familiar with the inner workings of Airtime, but one of the advantages of building on Liquidsoap was the fact that the entire streaming complex becomes much easier.
    >
    > The possibility of scheduling remote streams in your local radio programme was in the original Campcaster specifications from 2002. To my knowledge it never worked reliably. but it will happen. Airtime will finally become that one solution that allows you to think radio "in the cloud"
    >