Random html appearance in Article Edit body
  • Not sure if this is just a bug or simple idiocy on my part...

My Create Article workflow usually involves me copying and pasting text from a Google doc, which I do using the Paste as Plain Text button into an Article's body.

However, when I do this and then try and format it by backspacing or deleting, the html of that paragraph becomes riddled with seemingly random <span style="font-size: 14.4px;"> tags (of varying font size), thus making editing a very frustrating task.

The same thing happens with Paste from Word.

If I'm just doing something plain wrong with the html thing, tell it to me straight. Smile The screenshots are below, but i can't see anything untoward in the initial html.

This only happens in Chromium 8.0.552.224 (68599) Ubuntu 10.04, but not Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101206 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) Firefox/3.6.13.

Seems like a small thing, but it basically makes using the wysiwyg editor in Chromium, my preferred browser, almost impossible.

Possibly linked is an apparent bug where sometimes after pasting into either the plain text or word pop-ups, clicking Insert closes the pop-up and then reopens it again, but smaller and without the text. No text is pasted into the body. (I'll file a bug for this).

html scrub button for the Tiny MCE buttons as standard would be hugely appreciated too (i'll file this also Wink )