Campsite API for subscription management?
  • Hello all,

we need to unsubscribe a lot of subscribers in our campsite database from a couple of old publications and keep them subscribed to one publication only. Before I start to play with database directly, I would like to ask whether there is any possibility to use campsite API for this purpose?

Thank you very much,
    Michal
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • It's faster to just delete from the database:

1. DELETE FROM SubsSections WHERE IdSubscription IN (SELECT Id
    FROM Subscriptions WHERE IdPublication = <pub>)
    2. DELETE FROM Subscriptions WHERE IdPublication = <pub>

Mugur Rus
    Senior Software Developer, Sourcefabric
    mugur.rus@sourcefabric.org

Cluj-Napoca, Romania
    +40 (0)720 528408

Subscribe to our Newsletter:
    www.sourcefabric.org/newsletter/

http://www.sourcefabric.org
    http://www.twitter.com/Sourcefabric

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Michal Hruska <
    campsite-dev@lists.sourcefabric.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
    >
    > we need to unsubscribe a lot of subscribers in our campsite database from a
    > couple of old publications and keep them subscribed to one publication only.
    > Before I start to play with database directly, I would like to ask whether
    > there is any possibility to use campsite API for this purpose?
    >
    > Thank you very much,
    > Michal
    >
    >

• Hi Mugur,

thank you for your quick answer, I will do it this way. However, in near future we are going to develop Campsite-SugarCRM connector and I believe that it should be done using Campsite API. Are there any plans for implementation of such API (for management of subscribers) into Campsite/Newscoop already?

Thanks,
    Michal
  • It's on our to-do list for the next release, but aside from putting on the list, not much else has been done with it yet. We'd definitely appreciate it if TOL could take a leading role on this and will be in touch with you about specific steps.
    Douglas Arellanes
    Director of Innovation
    Sourcefabric, o.p.s.

Find a way or make one.