Cannot log in after install
  • It appears that my install went well... I was able to go through all the install screens, and in the end I got the one that advised to press the admin button.

When I did, I get a 404 error. I tried this twice, so am not sure what may have happened.

I am on a shared hosted server.
  • 7 Comments sorted by
  • Are you sure that you have all campsite files?
    What about server logs - what file name of 404 error? File exist?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    Please check .htaccess file in the campsite root folder after installation. Is it existing?
  • Andrey: After installation, both htacess and .htacess are shown. Should I be removing the htaccess?
    Andrew: I am not sure if I have access to server logs as I am on a shared host server. How would I check if I actually have all the files... I d/l'd them from your site, so I assume I got them all. Is there not a checksum that would verify when I unpacked the tar file that would advise if there were any files missing?
    hi,

.htaccess should be presented. It seems that hosting doesn't support rewrite rules properly. Please check the hoster FAQ for rewrite options. Is there some limitations or tricks?
    Also check is admin.php file existing in campsite root folder.
  • Hi,

unfortunately I have the exact same problem. Installation went without hitch on a host server, but afterwards I could not raise the admin page and got a 404 error.

So what now? I checked the .htaccess, everything seems fine. Admin.php is in the root folder too.
    Please make sure that rewrite module is enabled
  • It is - see the thread I posted with server data.