Staff with Picture.
  • Many publication or webs or news have the name of the parson make the article and also have a small photo with the parson

If we see other publications like http://www.minutodigital.com/
    we can see where say Canal Opinión in the middle to the right we can see the face of every blogger.
    I believe is a nice option add the photo of the parson or blogger make any article or blog

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    What about Gravatar.com service? Easy to maintain for authors, easy to insert in template or article. The best solution if gravator will be supported by future author management module.
  • UHm again is not my idea. Get links from others webs only make your publication slowly and also a open door for hackers tracking logs. If you see a normall setup of any web or publication with google analitycs and google adsence and if you like any facebook addon get slow because the system make request to external webs. Add hackers try to use your external links for shut down your system.

I believe the better is Add in the mysql one section in the user for photo description and photo location and add the code in the article with one option in the user administration for activate or deactivate the feature

I go to work this out. But if we like campsite grow up and become a strong software we need to improve any features and not try to use external applications. I believe campsite is a great idea but need more people in the development.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    Jacob wrote on Thu, 09 September 2010 13:13
    UHm again is not my idea. Get links from others webs only make your publication slowly and also a open door for hackers tracking logs.

First off, many other sites uses Gravatar service: Github.com, Wordpress.com etc, and many software products support Gravatar. For example our code.sourcefabric.org site uses Gravatar service.

Second, I'm talking about an option which could be activated or not.

Third, instead of executing external js code inside page (your examples about google, facebook) Gravatar just returns the image - there is no any code on the page. Do you recognize this approach? It looks like a CDN when you are using external content distribution network to handle static files.