How to install Campsite on a hosting website
  • When I tried to install Campsite on a hosting website. It went into a deadlock. I checked the code and suspected that the EXEC could be problematic such as '$response = exec('php -v', $o, $r);' in CampInstallationView.php. Could anybody help me with this?
    Is there anybody successfully installed Campsite on a hosting website rather than their own computer with all previliges. Thank you!
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    Usually the campsite installation has no problem on shared hosting. Looks like your hosting plan doesn't support exec or system functions. In this case you need to choose another plan with exec function support.
  • Hi many thanks. I've got around this. But I was stopped at, 'PHP CLI (Command Line)'- Off, and function_exists('apache_get_modules') - Fail. Can I do anything about these on the hosting by myself. Thank you!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    Find the file install/classes/CampInstallationView.php, comment the line #241 and add return 'Yes':

public static function CheckCLI()
        {
             $response = exec('php -v', $o, $r);
          //  return (!empty($o)) ? 'Yes' : 'No';
             return 'Yes';

function_exists('apache_get_modules') - Fail - isn't critical for installation.

• Thank you!