CS 3.4.1 Install: No CSS or Images
  • Installed Campsite 3.4.1 to XAMPP test environment on Ubuntu 10.04. The Admin pages are rendered perfectly, but the site pages appear to be served without any CSS formatting nor images, i.e., the text is all there, but without any CSS formatting. I would assume the default sample site would be rendering using the Classic template that comes with the default install.

Any suggestions on what I should be looking for, e.g., permissions, etc.?
  • 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Andrey PodshivalovAndrey Podshivalov
    hi,

you can try to load directly any css file which you can find in page html code. It allows you to get the error from server. Please inform us about result error.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Micz FlorMicz Flor
    could it have to do with the read/write settings for the folder/files - so that apache can not read them? just a guess. it happened to me once.
  • OK, I was having the problems in XAMPP, not sure why. This time, I installed Ubuntu Server OS 10.04, then the LAMPP-Server environment, then carefully followed the Campsite manual install instructions, including the install of the Classic demo template. Set all file permissions to "www-data:www-data", and completed the install. This time everything seemed to work OK.....CSS is rendering and images are viewable.