[campcaster-dev] Update: Features list for the 1.3 "Dakar" release
  • As I currently understand it, overruns on some of our work have meant we have had to cut a lot of the features planned for the 1.3 "Dakar" release. Here is a list of the features as I currently have them: - GLADE port- Gstreamer 0.10 port- Drag and drop support- Multiple items select (taking into account that tree view may not be possible due to the Gnome bug)- Live assist mode- Progress bar and quite probably this work item that will probably not be in the Dakar release per se, but is part of the Liberia work:- Recording of over-the-air broadcasts with automatic metadata input (from SMS or RDS) This does not count major bug fixes, which we will also have to agree upon. Hope this helps, doug  Ferenc Gerlits <fgerlits@gmail.com>Sent by: campcaster-dev-bounces@netfinity-4.mdlf.org08/29/2007 02:05 PM ZE2Please respond to "The Campcaster Developers' Mailing List" To: Douglas.Arellanes@mdlf.org cc: campcaster-dev@campware.org bcc: Subject: [campcaster-dev] Re: drag and drop from the desktop Do we have a list of features and deadlines for the planned releases?If we don't, I think we need to write one.FerencDouglas.Arellanes@mdlf.org wrote on 08/29/2007 01:49 PM:>> Ideally this would go in the Liberia project and be part of the Dakar> release.>> doug
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Yes, this is excellent, thanks. And the deadline is the end of October?

Ferenc

Douglas.Arellanes@mdlf.org wrote on 08/29/2007 02:34 PM:
    > As I currently understand it, overruns on some of our work have meant we
    > have had to cut a lot of the features planned for the 1.3 "Dakar"
    > release. Here is a list of the features as I currently have them:
    >
    >
    >
    > - GLADE port
    >
    > - Gstreamer 0.10 port
    >
    > - Drag and drop support
    >
    > - Multiple items select (taking into account that tree view may not be
    > possible due to the Gnome bug)
    >
    > - Live assist mode
    >
    > - Progress bar
    >
    >
    >
    > and quite probably this work item that will probably not be in the Dakar
    > release per se, but is part of the Liberia work:
    >
    > - Recording of over-the-air broadcasts with automatic metadata input
    > (from SMS or RDS)
    >
    >
    >
    > This does not count major bug fixes, which we will also have to agree upon.
    >
    >
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    >
    >
    >
    > doug
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > *Ferenc Gerlits *
    > Sent by: campcaster-dev-bounces@netfinity-4.mdlf.org
    > 08/29/2007 02:05 PM ZE2
    > Please respond to "The Campcaster Developers' Mailing List"
    >
    > To: Douglas.Arellanes@mdlf.org
    > cc: campcaster-dev@campware.org
    > bcc:
    > Subject: [campcaster-dev] Re: drag and drop from the desktop
    >
    >
    > Do we have a list of features and deadlines for the planned releases?
    > If we don't, I think we need to write one.
    >
    > Ferenc
    >
    >
    > Douglas.Arellanes@mdlf.org wrote on 08/29/2007 01:49 PM:
    > >
    > > Ideally this would go in the Liberia project and be part of the Dakar
    > > release.
    > >
    > > doug
    >
  • The date I am working with is 15 October; however, this may need to be revisited in light of all the funding delays, etc. I also forgot to include the GTK + theme design/development, which at this point is an "optional" item for the Dakar release, meaning that we will do it if there is still funding for it. doug Ferenc Gerlits <fgerlits@gmail.com>Sent by: campcaster-dev-bounces@netfinity-4.mdlf.org08/29/2007 02:43 PM ZE2Please respond to "The Campcaster Developers' Mailing List" To: "The Campcaster Developers' Mailing List" <campcaster-dev@netfinity-4.mdlf.org> cc: bcc: Subject: Re: [campcaster-dev] Update: Features list for the 1.3 "Dakar" release Yes, this is excellent, thanks.  And the deadline is the end of October?FerencDouglas.Arellanes@mdlf.org wrote on 08/29/2007 02:34 PM:> As I currently understand it, overruns on some of our work have meant we> have had to cut a lot of the features planned for the 1.3 "Dakar"> release. Here is a list of the features as I currently have them:>>>> - GLADE port>> - Gstreamer 0.10 port>> - Drag and drop support>> - Multiple items select (taking into account that tree view may not be> possible due to the Gnome bug)>> - Live assist mode>> - Progress bar>>>> and quite probably this work item that will probably not be in the Dakar> release per se, but is part of the Liberia work:>> - Recording of over-the-air broadcasts with automatic metadata input> (from SMS or RDS)>>>> This does not count major bug fixes, which we will also have to agree upon.>>>> Hope this helps,>>>> doug>>>>> *Ferenc Gerlits <fgerlits@gmail.com>*> Sent by: campcaster-dev-bounces@netfinity-4.mdlf.org> 08/29/2007 02:05 PM ZE2> Please respond to "The Campcaster Developers' Mailing List">> To: Douglas.Arellanes@mdlf.org> cc: campcaster-dev@campware.org> bcc:> Subject: [campcaster-dev] Re: drag and drop from the desktop>>> Do we have a list of features and deadlines for the planned releases?> If we don't, I think we need to write one.>> Ferenc>>> Douglas.Arellanes@mdlf.org wrote on 08/29/2007 01:49 PM:>  >>  > Ideally this would go in the Liberia project and be part of the Dakar>  > release.>  >>  > doug>