RE: Re: RE: [campcaster-support]Campcaster-schedulerlogin failure
  • Hi,

you did install campcaster from sources, right?

Sebastian
  • 6 Comments sorted by
  • Actually, no, I installed from the Ubuntu repository. I installed 1.14 beta 3 from the .deb files downloaded from that.

I have tried to compile the sources, but that process stalls on an ODBC configuration problem which I have yet to sort out. Ironically, I had gotten past this problem on CentOS, but couldn't get CampCaster to run on that platform at all otherwise.

For my Ubuntu box, here is the /opt/campcaster/etc/campcaster-scheduler.xml file in its entirety:

connectionManagerFactory,
    authenticationClientFactory,
    storageClientFactory,
    scheduleFactory,
    playLogFactory,
    backupFactory,
    audioPlayer,
    xmlRpcDaemon) >

webAuthentication)>

]>

userName = "campcaster"
    password = "campcaster"
    />

path="/campcaster/storageServer/var/xmlrpc/xrLocStor.php"/>

path="/campcaster/storageServer/var/xmlrpc/xrLocStor.php"/>

xmlRpcPort = "3344"
    pidFileName = "/tmp/scheduler.pid"
    />

• I am able to log into Campcaster via its web interface and manipulate user lists and media, and I can create play lists, but without the Scheduler that's as far as I go.
  • The information on how to install from source apparently does not exist. This URL refers to documentation pages that would tell me how to do this, but they apparently have been broken for some time:

http://code.campware.org/manuals/campcaster/1.4/index.php?id=10

• Ah, never mind, found the instructions for compiling. Still having the login problem, though.
  • Sooooo - as it turns out, I had no idea where the docs had been hiding on how to set up Campcaster for compiling, and I had apparently skipped many many steps. I am now actually following the instructions, and things are compiling nicely so far (my ODBC problem is now a happy memory).

If the rest of this goes as well as I think it's going to, this may actually run when I throw the switch.

For the record, simply installing from the Ubuntu repositories does NOT work. Installing from source appears the only way to actually make this go.
  • Plzx unsubscribe