computer.The only thing that keeps me from using it 24x7 is the the
    non-existant support for m3u playlists.Right now we have nearly 20
    playlists that are useless in Campcaster unless there is a tool/script
    to import them somehow.I read that there are some new packages on the
    way.Can we expect better support of m3u lists there?Re-creating those
    lists by hand (especially without drag-n-drop support) would be a real
    pain...
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Parisz,Thanks for asking about M3U support. While we have M3U playlist export features, unfortunately we don't have M3U import at this time. I know how useful a feature it is, though, and will press to include it in a future release. At this point, however, I can't say how long it would take to get that.I wanted to point out, however, that because Campcaster is an open source project, any time a feature isn't there and you really want that feature, you're more than welcome to commission a programmer to build it. Off the top of my head, I don't know how long M3U import would take to make, but if you were interested in working on it (or hiring/getting someone to do it), we'd be happy to work with you.Hope this helps,douglas =============================================Media Development Loan Fund=============================================Douglas ArellanesConsultantCenter for Advanced Media--Prague (CAMP)Salvatorska 10, 110 00 Praha 1Czech RepublicTel: + 420 224 312 832, Fax: +420 224 315 419Mobile: +420 724 073 364Skype and Yahoo IM: dougiegyrohttp://www.campware.orghttp://www.mdlf.org=============================================http://www.mdlf.org=============================================This message is intended for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed only.  It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  If you have received this message in error, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or distribution of this communication to other than intended recipient is prohibited.-----campcaster-support-bounces@lists.campware.org wrote: -----To: Support mailing list for the Campcaster software project <campcaster-support@lists.campware.org>From: Paris <parisz@freemail.gr>Sent by: campcaster-support-bounces@lists.campware.orgDate: 02/24/2010 01:22PMSubject: [campcaster-support] M3U playlists import supportHello,I recently managed to install the developer's version on our studio'scomputer.The only thing that keeps me from using it 24x7 is the thenon-existant support for m3u playlists.Right now we have nearly 20playlists that are useless in Campcaster unless there is a tool/scriptto import them somehow.I read that there are some new packages on theway.Can we expect better support of m3u lists there?Re-creating thoselists by hand (especially without drag-n-drop support) would be a realpain...
  • Hi,

currently the fastest way to create playlists might be this:

- import all clips by using the mass import script in
    campcaster/usr/bin/campcaster-import
    - create an new empty playlist, and keep it open
    - go to the search/browse and add wanted clips to the playlist by
    right-click or by using checkboxes and action select "Add files to open
    playlist"
    - you can re-arrange by drag&drop playlist items by using the so named
    button in the playlist editor

Best,
    Sebastian