Failed open streams
  • Vote Up0Vote Down importimport
    Can anyone please help me!!! When I try and create a playlist i recieve the next error..

WARNING: fopen(/Library/197/197302f62976144a.xml) failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/campcaster/var/Campcaster/storageServer/var/MetaData.php on line 571

I am new to all this and would appreciate any help please.

Thanks
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Hi, this is the station coordinator Sean. Kaycee_2181 is my right hand man and although only experienced in windows he is learning fast on Linux! I have good experience and knowledge of linux/gnu but not with databases/mysql - which is, I think where our problem comes.

Upon further investigation, it seems to be some timeout problem with the database, perhaps. I thought it was a permissioin problem, because of the given error, however I can get random access to playlist creation/editing, usually by requesting a new playlist, and then again, immediatelay after I close the error window. Second time round, no errors. - this is not a reliable method unfortunately, it happens randomly, which is what leads me to think it is a timeout setting somewhere. Hope someone can shed some light.

We are running a two computer setup (scheduler/studio) on a slimmed down Ubuntu 8.04
    Campcaster vers 1.30-1(gutsy1)

Error quote >

Warning: fopen(/Library/7a9/7a9725c4abd3f882.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/campcaster/var/Campcaster/storageServer/var/MetaData.php on line 571

Catchable fatal error: Object of class DB_Error could not be converted to string in /opt/campcaster/var/Campcaster/htmlUI/var/ui_base.inc.php on line 72

< End quote