Repository Error
  • Hello,

I've installed a fresh copy of Ubuntu Studio 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon), and when trying to install Campcaster 1.3.0, I encounter the following problems using either of the two methods described on the site:

1. Using .deb packages:
    campcaster-libs installs without problems but campcaster-station requires libboost1.33.1 which isn't available on the repository (only libboost.1.34.1 is, which casuses the same dependency error with campcaster-station).

2. Adding repositories:
    Firstly there is no repository listing for Gutsy Gibbon. The latest one is Fiesty so when I add "deb http://code.campware.org/ubuntu feisty main" (without the "") and run update, I get the following error:

"http://code.campware.org/ubuntu feisty main 502 Proxy Error"

The remaining repositories work absolutely fine.

Using Terminal and apt-get shows the same error!

Kindly assist me in installing Campcaster 1.3.0.

Thanks!
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • I confirm that the libboost1.33.1 is still a problem. I have NOT been able to get the campcaster radio software working with UBUNTU 7.10.
    I note that the current version is higher than this. Is this a real dependency?

Could I force the dpkg to accept the later version of libboost1.33.1?

In addition to the libboost1.33.1 problem, I note that the package complains about not being able to get postgresql working or that the version is wrong. I will look into what the actual output is on this by uninstalling and killing everything that is installed... Then I'll do a reinstall and post the output up on this forum.

It's a shame as the software looks really great otherwise!

• Hi zorgrian,

The installation worked through repositories! My issue was a proxy-based one which I just resolved. As we speak, Synaptic is installing file 26 of 28. Smile

I hope there aren't any errors after the software is installed.

Lessons Learnt:
    - Using a fresh install of Ubuntu 7.10 - just run standard updates and don't update the libboost file
    - Install Campcaster only through repositories