[campcaster-support] faderstart interface?
  • Hi

I'm evaluating campcaster for use at a temporary radio station in a
    large scout camp next summer. I was successful with installing it
    this far it seems, but when I had a look through the manual it struck
    me that hardware interfacing campcaster was not mentioned anywhere.

We absolutely need the possibility to interface our mixers with
    campcaster to use the faderstart function as used in any
    semi-professional broadcast studio.

Can anybody tell me if this is possible to do, if not campcaster will
    be of no use for us, unfortunately.

Kind regards

Martin
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Hi Martin, Thank you for your interest in Campcaster.  We know of one project to interface Campcaster with semi-automatic mixers led by Radio Orange in Vienna. Unfortunately I haven't heard about their progress; the last time I spoke to them, in August, it was days away from being complete. Because Campcaster has been developed using standard XML-RPC interfaces, it shouldn't be too hard to program a small script to do the job. The people at Radio Orange may be useful in this respect, to have them either release their script or to show you how it can be done. We have developer information available at http://code.campware.org/projects/campcaster in case you have a programmer willing/interested in getting more information. The Campcaster project depends in large part on contributions - in terms of both finance and in terms of effort - and we would welcome such an effort on your part, and would be more than happy to make it available to others as well. I'm sure there are others who would also appreciate such work. Best regards, douglas =============================================Media Development Loan Fund=============================================Douglas ArellanesHead of Research and DevelopmentCenter for Advanced Media--Prague (CAMP)Na vinicnich horach 24a/1834, 160 00 Prague 6Czech RepublicTel: + 420 2 3333 5356, Fax: +420 2 2431 5419Mobile: +420 724 073 364Skype and Yahoo IM: dougiegyrohttp://www.campware.org=============================================http://www.mdlf.org============================================= Atlantis <atlantis@eagleone.ch>Sent by: campcaster-support-bounces@netfinity-4.mdlf.org12/03/2007 02:14 PMPlease respond to Support mailing list for the Campcaster software project To: campcaster-support@netfinity-4.mdlf.org cc: bcc: Subject: [campcaster-support] faderstart interface? HiI'm evaluating campcaster for use at a temporary radio station in alarge scout camp next summer. I was successful with installing itthis far it seems, but when I had a look through the manual it struckme that hardware interfacing campcaster was not mentioned anywhere.We absolutely need the possibility to interface our mixers withcampcaster to use the faderstart function as used in anysemi-professional broadcast studio.Can anybody tell me if this is possible to do, if not campcaster willbe of no use for us, unfortunately.Kind regardsMartin