sound card issues
  • > i started off with one question and my topic has now spread to various parts - as i don't expect someone to go through the whole list - an answer to A) would be really appreciated - and if anyone else is able to clear up the others - again would really appreciate it. <

I am looking to run an internet station - and as such- using full automation mode but I appear to have a couple of issues that i'd be grateful if someone was able to answer:

a) i have a Mackie Onyx firewire external soundcard and campcaster/ ubuntu is unable to recognise it - am trying to work through this - but not very technical minded!!!

b) i want to be able to set up an hourly station clock that will allow for eg: top hour ident followed by 2 songs followed by presenter link 1 song to advert etc etc is this possible and easy to do with campcaster - because of full automation - i will need to automate 24 hours/ 7 days per week - is there a user friendly way to do this?

c) because i have just installed i have not really had a chance to feel my way through - but can't see much about the automation features (if any) that this has.

i have used automated software before which was simple to use in that: you set up your playlist perimeters - the software then slotted the relevant songs and adverts into the correct places - sorting out all the timings - so that the top of the hour and any other essential markers were met - ie: you may want a news bulletin to come in at :30 of each hour - it would also leave spaces for the presenter to record their links directly into the system (at pre-determined points)

d) does campcaster allow you to position links over songs: ie: when the song is coming to end - you can insert a vocal link over the end of the song whilst fading in another song/music bed - so that it sounds live?

I realise it is still in early development and that the automation that i am talking about is quite complicated and takes a long time to develop - but i wasn't sure if it was built in to campcaster or whether there are add-ins etc?

Thanks its a great system.

jason