Some Questions
  • Greetings. I was able to download 3 packages using the synaptic package manager. they were: station, studio, libs. Once I started the program, I then used the username "root" and the password "Q" to log in. However, I am unable to get to an admin screen to change the log in. Also, I uploaded a few songs - was unable to get them to play using the "scratchpad" or "live mode" feeatures. i was somehow able to create a playlist and schedule it, but not sure exactly.

in the manual, there are some statements that i have not found to be the case in my situation. for example, when i log in - i do not see an admin screen. also, "add audio - add audio clip" ,... i do not see that button anywhere. and on the scratchpad, i am not seeing the screen in the same way it is presented in the manual.

am i missing some piece of the puzzle? also, i am not sure i need station ... right now i am trying to just load "studio" - but when i try to remove station - the synaptic ties it together with studio. we don't need the program to stream the audio to the net. we just want it to function as a stand alone player that we can use to play songs and then sometimes take over and automate in the hours we are not there. we do have another puter available for "storage" but until i can get "studio" working - i will wait on that.