Ubuntu Dapper
  • Hi.

I'd like to know if anyone has any success installing LS on Ubuntu Dapper 6.06 LTS.??

I've found lots of dependency problems. installing in a new fresh build.

I've made a dist-upgrade on a ubuntu breezy machine and LS works but not my soundcard... I've had a fresh install on my laptop and sound works great but thereis no chance to get LS Sad ... if anyone succeeds... don't hesitate in mailing me to make a whole workaround for dapper.

I've also made a dist-upgrade for my ubuntu breezy server box... now LS won't work..I guess It dont like dapper at all... Sad(((((

Kind Regards.

Luis C. Suárez
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Luis,

I was able to successfully get it installed following these instructions: http://code.campware.org/projects/livesupport/wiki/DevelopmentEnvironment on my toshiba laptop. It was the first time I have every compiled anything in my life. I'm not a programmer or a compiler. I was looking to find that web site again. I was using Breezy before. I did a fresh install (not and upgrade) and all is working well. I tried to install Debian, and had many things that didn't work right. LS seems to be working correctly.

Shane
  • Hi Shane.

Tnx for your response.

I'm sorry, I should've made an update to this thread, in fact, I got it working in breezy and dapper. Actually I'm runnning LS in dapper with no problem (except that I really don't know if everything is ok from a server side AFA, by the momment, I got no web-server to make tests).

Anyhow, I'm glad everything is runnning just fine in your laptop and hope you enjoy LS as much as I have.

Kind Regards