make compile error for livesupport 0.9.1
  • during "make compile" livesupport seems to be having difficulty, but I'm not sure what the problem is. I believe all of the dependencies are installed properly...is this a bug or did I miss something?

<-- here is the error -->

XML_Parser-1.2.6.tgz

install ok: XML_Parser 1.2.6

XML_Beautifier-1.1.tgz

install ok: XML_Beautifier 1.1

XML_Serializer-0.15.0.tgz

install ok: XML_Serializer 0.15.0

PEAR packages install finished OK

touch ./tmp/tools_setup.stamp

doxytag -t ./doc/doxygen/xmlrpc++.tag ./usr/share/doc/xmlrpc++/XmlRpcServerMethod_8h-source.html ./usr/share/doc/xmlrpc++/classXmlRpc_1_1XmlRpcServerMethod.html ./usr/share/doc/xmlrpc++/classXmlRpc_1_1XmlRpcServerMethod-members.html

Parsing file XmlRpcServerMethod_8h-source.html...

Parsing file classXmlRpc_1_1XmlRpcServerMethod.html...

Parsing file classXmlRpc_1_1XmlRpcServerMethod-members.html...

touch ./tmp/doxytag_setup.stamp

./modules/core/bin/autogen.sh

I am going to run ./configure with no arguments - if you wish

to pass any to it, please specify them on the ./modules/core/bin/autogen.sh command line.

Generating configuration files for Core, please wait....

aclocal --output=/home/jackson/livesupport-0.9.1/modules/core/tmp/aclocal.m4

/usr/share/aclocal/wxwin.m4:36: warning: underquoted definition of AM_OPTIONS_WXCONFIG

run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'

or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal

/usr/share/aclocal/wxwin.m4:59: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_WXCONFIG

/usr/share/aclocal/libreiser4.m4:14: warning: underquoted definition of AC_CHECK_LIBREISER4

/usr/share/aclocal/libfame.m4:6: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIBFAME

/usr/share/aclocal/libaal.m4:14: warning: underquoted definition of AC_CHECK_LIBAAL

/usr/share/aclocal/ao.m4:9: warning: underquoted definition of XIPH_PATH_AO

autoheader /home/jackson/livesupport-0.9.1/modules/core/etc/configure.ac

aclocal.m4:14: /usr/bin/m4: Cannot open acinclude.m4: No such file or directory

autom4te-2.59: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1

autoheader-2.59: /usr/bin/autom4te-2.59 failed with exit status: 1

autoconf -I /home/jackson/livesupport-0.9.1/modules/core/tmp -o /home/jackson/livesupport-0.9.1/modules/core/tmp/configure /home/jackson/livesupport-0.9.1/modules/core/etc/configure.ac

aclocal.m4:14: /usr/bin/m4: Cannot open acinclude.m4: No such file or directory

autom4te-2.59: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1

./modules/core/bin/autogen.sh: line 94: /home/jackson/livesupport-0.9.1/modules/core/tmp/configure: No such file or directory

make: *** [tmp/modules_setup.stamp] Error 127

<-- end error -->

• 1 Comment sorted by
  • Check that the automake version used during the compile process is 1.7 or lower. See this bug report:

http://bugs.campware.org/view.php?id=537

Ferenc