[campsite-support] Empty Home Page?
  • I hope someone can give me a hand. I installed campsite, and didn't install the sample site. So all I have is the bare-bones template. Front Page Template = "index.tpl", which includes "issue-content.tpl" for the main content.

I can't get any articles to show on the front page! The "section list" and the "breadcrumbs" in the menu work ok though. I have several articles published in different sections, some with "onfrontpage" and some with "onsectionpage" turned on. I have tried various combinations of list_articles constraints, with no differing results.

If I make separate blocks and put in {{ set_section number="10" }}, then I get something from section #10. Otherwise I get nothing.

The "issue-content.tpl" template starts like this:

{{ local }} {{ set_current_issue }}

{{ list_articles length="14" order="bypublishdate desc" name="articles_list" ignore_section="true" constraints="public is off onsection is on" }}

{{ if $campsite->current_list->at_beginning }}

{{ /if }}

This Never Shows On Screen!

mainarticle

{{ $campsite->article->name }}

{{ $campsite->article->intro }}

{{ /list_articles }}

{{ set_section number="10" }}
    {{ list_articles length="4" order="bynumber desc" name="articles1" }}

{{ /list_articles }}

----

There is also this block at the bottom, and it is always blank as well:

{{ $campsite->article->name }}

{{ $campsite->article->intro|truncate:250 }}

Quick Links

{{ list_articles length="14" order="bypublishdate desc" ignore_section="true" constraints="onsection is off" }}
    • [ {{ $campsite->article->publish_date|camp_date_format:"%Y-%m-%d" }} ] href="{{ uri options="article" }}">{{ $campsite->article->name }}

• {{ /list_articles }}

Is there a secret to getting content on the Front Page?
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Hi,

Please send attached the template file.

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 1:57 AM, wrote:
    > I hope someone can give me a hand. I installed campsite, and didn't install the sample site. So all I have is the bare-bones template. Front Page Template = "index.tpl", which includes "issue-content.tpl" for the main content.
    >
    > I can't get any articles to show on the front page! The "section list" and the "breadcrumbs" in the menu work ok though. I have several articles published in different sections, some with "onfrontpage" and some with "onsectionpage" turned on. I have tried various combinations of list_articles constraints, with no differing results.
    >
    > If I make separate blocks and put in {{ set_section number="10" }}, then I get something from section #10. Otherwise I get nothing.
    >
    > The "issue-content.tpl" template starts like this:
    >
    > {{ local }} {{ set_current_issue }}
    >
    >
    >