The pain of implementation
  • hi to everybody,

my press staff made me a request that made me think about it. In short, on my website i have 5 slots ft articles, one big and 4 small. The big block is the 1° most recent article, the to the four goes the 2°, 3°, 4°, 5° article. the order is automatic and based on publication date. My staff then asked to decide the order of those 5 articles, keeping the feature that when a new article is added there is an automatic shift. For example, if an article is added on 3° position, automatically the old 3° goes as 4°, the old 4° goes to 5°, and the old 5° goes out from the top five.
    I've given an option to set up them as 5 indipendent block using custom switches, so they can decide where to put articles, but with this solution i don't know how to make the downscale of position, and they don't like to change switches all the times there is a new article.
    Can you give me any useful tips to help me finding a way to do what they ask?

In short:

- I have 5 boxes for articles called "big", "small1", "small2", "small3", "small4";
    - I need to choose the position of any article on the 5 boxes;
    - When a new article is added, in any position, there is a shift of the ones on lower position;