Errors at end of installation
  • I'm starting from a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 installation and using 'curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/superdesk/fireq/master/files/superdesk/install | sudo bash' as suggested on the GitHub page.

I get the following at the end of the installation and after checking file structures, nothing seems to be in its place. I've started from 2 separate new/clean Ubuntu installations and can't seem to get anywhere.

Any thoughts?

npm WARN client No description
    npm WARN client No repository field.
    npm WARN client No license field.
    + npm install
    npm WARN deprecated node-uuid@1.4.8: Use uuid module instead
    npm WARN deprecated minimatch@2.0.10: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
    npm WARN deprecated minimatch@0.2.14: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
    npm WARN deprecated graceful-fs@1.2.3: graceful-fs v3.0.0 and before will fail on node releases >= v7.0. Please update to graceful-fs@^4.0.0 as soon as possible. Use 'npm ls graceful-fs' to find it in the tree.
    npm WARN deprecated minimatch@0.3.0: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
    npm WARN deprecated jquery@1.5.1: Versions of the jquery npm package older than 1.9.0 are patched versions that don't work in web browsers. Please upgrade to >=1.11.0.
    bash: line 174: 24454 Killed                  npm installt care about contents; nuking /opt/superdesk/client/node_modules/.staging/moment-9641251a/node_modules

• 3 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down Grisha KostyukGrisha Kostyuk
    > bash: line 174: 24454 Killed

It looks like the proccess was killed by OS, probably you have a VPS with less memory than 2GB, am I right?

> Minimal requirements: 2GB RAM, 4GB Free space

Post edited by Grisha Kostyuk at 2017-04-28 04:28:48
  • Well, well... could be. I looked at the specs and thought I prepared for that... 
  • You sir, are correct! Thank you for pointing out my oversight.