[SOLVED] Installing Newscoop 4.4.7 - PHP Fatal error... The service definition "kernel.debug" not..
  • I was able to get 4.4.7 installed. After some digging I discovered the installation instructions are for Ubuntu 14.04 and so I installed 14.04 on a VM and was able to successfully install Newscoop 4.4.7. Ubuntu 16.04 does not seem to be supported which is a shame.

Hello, I am trying to install newscoop 4.4.7 latest release version from github. I'm installing on Ubuntu 16.04.2 and am using PHP 5.6 . I followed your instructions exactly on this page http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/newscoop-44-for-journalists-and-editors/manual-installation/ for installation. When I go to the /install page everything checks out fine with no errors. I am able to fill out the database information and create the database and fill out the main settings page. From the main settings page once I click the Finish button I get this error and am not sure how to fix this:

RuntimeException: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\InvalidArgumentException: The service definition "kernel.debug" does not exist. in /var/www/newscoop/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php:866
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/newscoop/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php(476): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->getDefinition('kernel.debug')
    #1 /var/www/newscoop/vendor/friendsofsymfony/oauth-server-bundle/FOS/OAuthServerBundle/DependencyInjection/FOSOAuthServerExtension.php(30): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->get('kernel.debug')
    #2 /var/www/newscoop/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Compiler/MergeExtensionConfigurationPass.php(50): FOS\OAuthServerBundle\DependencyInjection\FOSOAuthServerExtension->load(Array, Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder))
    #3 /var/www/newscoop/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Htt in /var/www/newscoop/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/ContainerBuilder.php on line 866
    990 x 797 - 95K
    Post edited by Carl Johnson at 2017-04-27 21:29:31