Record Line-In and Rebroadcast later doesn't work.
  • Hello Airtime Community,

I'am system engineer and i have a little german radiostation as customer.

This radiostation wants to record their lifeshows with airtime on line-in and rebroadcast it later, but they can't create a show with record on line-in and rebroadcast option.
    I can create a Show with only the Record on Line-In option.  This show will be created and recording successfully. When i create a show with Record on Line-In and Rebroadcast a day later, the show is not created and nothing appears in the Calendar.
    If i want to set the rebroadcast option on an existing "record on line-in" show, airtime did not save the changes.

I installed airtime on three different pcs and linux distributions but everytime i get this issue.

I hope somebody can help me.

AIRTIME_STATUS_URL             = http://airtime:80/api/status/format/json/api_ke                                     y/%%api_key%%
    AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = 3.2.0-122-generic
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = x86_64
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = 8070404
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = 8281084
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = 2.5.1
    OS                             = Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS x86_64
    CPU                            = Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz
    WEB_SERVER                     = Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = 1760
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 1694
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 0.2%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0.0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = 2173
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 1672
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 0.2%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 2.7%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = 1752
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 1694
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 0.3%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0.0%
    -- Your installation of Airtime looks OK!

Post edited by Frederik Böse at 2017-02-24 04:06:15
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • for this to work .
    You must have the line in (sound card) on the scheduler machine.Kinda ironic.
    What  I mean is that you must use the main server (counter productive) or use another machine with airtime install on it.
    You also cannot use the hardware output.

here is my work around

• Objective : I want my system to be recording  at all times (feature not in Airtime)
    • Benefits  : I can go back and listen at anytime something that was played and some body queried it or just as proof for example if I had a calling program and somebody said something and I wanted to replay it
    • Backup:it allows me to have a read back up without using  another machine 

see my babbling here

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/17812/soundcards-how-to-use-input-and-output-from-your-soundcard-with-almost-zero-latencyoverunderruns

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/15915/record-output-to-a-file-every-xx-time-from-airtime-output-or-input-alsamicand-icecast-how-to

ogg file size is about 120mb

mp3 fle size is about 57mb

on a typical limited server

1. I have every 6hours rsync  to my a main Nas
    2. I have a python script to delete every 6hours (using exec_at in liquidsoap as my timer) as default
    3. I create a subform in system preference that I can either immediate delete and start recording or the default above.

Soon Share.

but with liquidsoap and Airtime you ca be creative

DO YOU USE DOCTRINE.

WANT TO WORK WITH ME COLLABORATIVELY ON MIGRATING AIRTIME FROM PROPEL TO DOCTRINE.

I KNOW WITH THIS WE CAN MAKE AN AIRTIME FORK THE BEST. IMPLEMENTING FEATURE THAT ARE MISSING AND ZENDFRAMEWORK COMPATIBLE UP TO ZEND 3.0 WITH PHP 7.0.

I AM TESTINGS NOW.

Want to see how.

Since they delete all the tunein post I hid a script here for the many people who asked me how I did mine try it

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/18058/changing-the-permissions-so-that-your-program-manager-can-see-the-listener-stats-part-1

There is a Readme and a bash script .

Unzip  put in your api keys and  run the bashscript (25sec) and you have a tune in without any great work.

This is the principle I adopted and now I have almost migrate all the database to doctrine

Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.