content-api
  • Holmo,

Please could you tell me how to publish my articles via content-api so that they can be captured by third parties ...

Could you send me some documentation on how to install and use the content-api
  • 10 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Pedro,

What is the version of Superdesk you are running? You can see it if you click on the hamburger menu to open the left sidebar, at the bottom of it you will see a "About Superdesk" link, click on it and you will see a modal. In there you can see the version. We need to know that in order to help you out with the API.

Best,

• Holmo

Follows the requested version

Superdesk 62ba582
    Superdesk client rev. 1.6.0
  • Hi Pedro,

Ok, the Content API is enabled by default, you should be able to reach it via https://<your domain>/contentapi/

The API reference is here: http://docs.superdeskcontentapi.apiary.io/

For more details in regards to API configuration, check this out:

But first of all, in order to authenticate as a valid client, you need to create a Subscriber. In Superdesk you can do that by going to the Settings page, in there you will see the option Publish. Once on that view, click on "Add new subscriber". Fill only in the minimum fields, the important part is the API token. When adding the new subscriber, you will see a "Content API Tokens" within the modal window, open it to generate a token. Use the token as indicated here http://docs.superdeskcontentapi.apiary.io/#introduction/authentication and you will then be able to work with the API.

Hope this helps.

Best,

• Holman

Could you please help me with this?
    I can not do email ingest
    Using the settings described below ...

And I'm also not receiving any messages in the
    Dashboard log.

My Ingest settings for Feedinf Service
    Email

Provide name: = QueroPublicar
    Source Name = QueroPublicar
    Feeding Service = Email
    Feed Parser = EMail RFC822 Parser
    Email Server = mail.novojornal.jor.br
    Email Server port = 993
    user = queropublicar@novojornal.jor.br
    Password = ******
    Mailbox = queropublicar@novojornal.jor.br
    Filter = queropublicar@novojornal.jor.br

• Hi Pedro,

Try by setting Mailbox = INBOX and Filter = ALL

• My friend, I made the alerts that you indicated, in the case of email ingest, but nothing happened ...

Mailbox = INBOX and Filter = ALL

Does not ingest email, nor does it show any messages in ingest dasbhoard

Could you give me another help on this problem
  • Hi Pedro,

I assume your mail server is an IMAP server, is it configured to allow an application like Superdesk to connect as a client or does it restrict to certain specific client or application?

Also, check the Ingest Dashboard for the corresponding Email source and see if you are getting any errors in the log.
  • Holmo
    The IMAP mail server is ready to receive request from superdesk, however, Dashboard does not show anything in the log

That is, no information from Ingest and the empty Dashboard ...
  • Holmo
    The IMAP mail server is ready to receive request from superdesk, however, Dashboard does not show anything in the log

• Holmo