airtime-import not installed
  • Hi guys, I have succefully installed Airtime on the server but the utility program airtime-import doesn't seem to be installed...
    The only installed utils available from the commande line are: airtime-liquidsoap     airtime-media-monitor  airtime-playout

Any idea why the import command didn't get installed as well?

Cheers,
    Silvere
    Post edited by Lucas Bouissou LYL at 2017-01-18 09:44:45
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • always quote your airtime version it helps
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Sorry, here it is:
    Is there any way to find the version from the web interface btw?
  • right had corner where the tick is shows the version number

try something this at the command line

sudo airtime-import --watch-add /var/www/radio/music/selection/playlist001/

I however feel you are using debian and there were some problem with media monitor not starting.
    Just put those words in the search field above and you should get a number of solutions based on version
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
  • Well the binary airtime-import does not exist in my terminal so I can not run it.

My question was: How did it not get installed alongside the other utilities such as: airtime-liquidsoap     airtime-media-monitor  airtime-playout

Thanks for the help
    1. try this http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/troubleshooting/
    2. if not  sudo dpkg-reconfigure airtime
    3. if not re install  sudo apt-get purge airtime && sudo apt-get autoremove && sudo apt-get install airtime
    4. pay attention to your virtual host, if you already have a webserver on port 80,then you might want to run airtime on a different port. after installation edit /etc/airtime/api-client.conf,/etc/airtime.airtime.conf,/etc/apache2/ports.conf and include your new port
  • Thanks for this but I reinstalled airtime like you said and I cannot see the airtime-import binary in my terminal still...
    What's available is: airtime-launch-browser  airtime-liquidsoap      airtime-media-monitor   airtime-playout

but no airtime-import

Any idea why the install is incomplete?

On a side note here is the install report:

➜  airtime git:(2.5.x) sudo invoke-rc.d airtime-playout status
    AIRTIME_SERVER_RESPONDING      = OK
    KERNEL_VERSION                 = 3.2.0-4-amd64
    MACHINE_ARCHITECTURE           = x86_64
    TOTAL_MEMORY_MBYTES            = 1025548
    TOTAL_SWAP_MBYTES              = 0
    AIRTIME_VERSION                = 2.5.1
    OS                             = Debian GNU/Linux 7.8 (wheezy) x86_64
    CPU                            = Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2676 v3 @ 2.40GHz
    WEB_SERVER                     = Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_PROCESS_ID      = 583
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_RUNNING_SECONDS = 61
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_MEM_PERC        = 1.5%
    PLAYOUT_ENGINE_CPU_PERC        = 0.0%
    LIQUIDSOAP_PROCESS_ID          = 2229
    LIQUIDSOAP_RUNNING_SECONDS     = 80141
    LIQUIDSOAP_MEM_PERC            = 2.4%
    LIQUIDSOAP_CPU_PERC            = 3.9%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_PROCESS_ID       = 485
    MEDIA_MONITOR_RUNNING_SECONDS  = 62
    MEDIA_MONITOR_MEM_PERC         = 1.6%
    MEDIA_MONITOR_CPU_PERC         = 0.0%
    -- Your installation of Airtime looks OK!
  • did you actually run this command

sudo airtime-import --watch-add /some/folder

Pay little attention to the status check all it does is that the script to confirm that all of Airtime's dependencies are installed and running correctly.

It does not tell you what is installed so if you run that line above tail the logs and  watch what is happening .

like this

sudo airtime-import --watch-add /some/folder
    Given path is not a directory: /some/folder

try one of your correct music directory and when you open media folders in airtime you should see that folder

Please Provide the error so it can be looked at

• Ok thanks I think i've got pretty much everything working now.
    Although I'd like to add the following:

- The install between the git repo and the debian source seem very different.
    - The install that seems to work for my Wheezy server is the one in the Wheezy sources (alongside official tutorial on the website)
    - The tutorial for the automated file import has the wrong commands argument ( copy instead of --copy). And it is much easier to execute with the --move instead of --copy + rm -rf ./*

Thanks for your help