Someone using Airtime 2.5.2.1 in 2017?
  • Hi everyone,

I'm a complete Linux noob, anyway I just installed and configured successfully Airtime on Ubuntu 14.04.
    It seems to works, but I created this discussion to know how many people are using Airtime 2.5 now in 2017, after 3 years since the release.

Do you think is it actually "usable" in a collaborative work-flow, by remote users? the Soundcloud integration works well? Are you running a radio station with it?

I'd like to create an airtime station here in Italy with other students for promoting science.

Thanks!
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • Ciao, Ivan,

si, it's a good tool.

Airtime covers your project I believe.

It has a good collaborative work-flow.
    You just create users and let them broadcast their shows.
    Soundcloud integration does work (obviously, otherwise it wouldn't be there, right? =D)

I have a station, but it's deprecated. I have the 1.9.5 version and cannot upgrade by now.
    I plan to reinstall it later.
    Post edited by DarkEden Genesis at 2017-01-16 17:47:03
    DarkEden Genesis
    www.darkedengenesis.com
  • Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.
  • Go for it.  I installed a radio stream and love it.  Although right now I'm seeing why the server is spiking in bandwidth and causing skips with only a few listeners.

• Thank you guys, this is a good news!

Do you have your own server or paying for a dedicated hosting solution?

vib3z.fm I'm listening to your radio and it's amazing, very electronic:)

• I ran into problems trying with the latest Debian. I had a few false starts, finger trouble I think. I had to install the mp3 modules from wheezy. Postgresql did not seem to get installed. I suspect that multiple iterations thru a partial install was the problem.

To be safe I then used the supported ( backlevel ) Ubuntu distro. I followed the documentation. This worked, so I know that the process works.

I am going to try again with a base metal box and Debian, just for grins...

I plan to run on a dedicated box, so I do not have problem with a backlevel distro. But it would be nice to stay current