Installing Newscoop 4.4.7 on a shared host
  • Trying to get newscoop up and running on a shared hosting provider.  Everything looks ok on the System Compatibility screen, resolved an issue with the database creation, but I'm getting the following error after inputting the Site Title, Password, and User Email.  Any help would be appreciated.

RuntimeException: The process has been signaled with signal "11".

1. in /home/manteica/public_html/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Process/Process.php line 368
    2. at Process->wait() in /home/manteica/public_html/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Process/Process.php line 206
    3. at Process->run() in /home/manteica/public_html/library/Newscoop/Installer/Services/FinishService.php line 53
    4. at FinishService->generateProxies() in /home/manteica/public_html/install/index.php line 344
    5. at {closure}(object(Request))
    6. at call_user_func_array(object(Closure), array(object(Request))) in /home/manteica/public_html/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpKernel/HttpKernel.php line 145
    7. at HttpKernel->handleRaw(object(Request), '1') in /home/manteica/public_html/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/HttpKernel/HttpKernel.php line 66
    8. at HttpKernel->handle(object(Request), '1', true) in /home/manteica/public_html/vendor/silex/silex/src/Silex/Application.php line 547
    9. at Application->handle(object(Request)) in /home/manteica/public_html/vendor/silex/silex/src/Silex/Application.php line 524
    10. at Application->run() in /home/manteica/public_html/install/index.php line 354
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • That's probably happening due to the Newscoop SQL file having an error in it where it asks for mysql-root-user access in order to work. Try removing that line and re-running your install. Since it's on a shared server you'll probably run into many of the same issues I did, including that one. All the fixes I needed to get Newscoop to install properly (including how to fix the root-user-requirement) are listed here: https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/comment/34910#Comment_34910

Best of luck!
  • Since you are running a PHP app, I would recommend you to move from shared hosting to a vps. Shared hosting are cheap for sure, but they are not good in terms of performance and security and you have a lot of limitations there. Whereas with vps you get dedicated server, which means better performance and security. If you don't know how to setup a vps manually, you can use Cloudways PHP web hosting (https://www.cloudways.com/en/php-cloud-hosting.php ) platform that does that automatically. It saves a lot of time and efforts.