Live DJ override not cutting off at end of show
  • Hey guys,

On my previous installs of Airtime when a DJ connects live during his slot using the show (not master) override port / login details everything worked as expected.

They can only connect during their allocated show time, and when their show ended, they were automatically disconnected and the next show began.

After a re-install of 2.5.1 (the same version I was using before) this is no longer happening.

Now the DJ can stay connected for as long as they like. They are not disconnected at the end of their show and carry on broadcasting over into the following show's slot.

Am I missing a setting that I activated previously and have forgotten about?

Auto switch off and on are both checked.

Post edited by Ade Hill at 2016-09-19 13:58:41
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • Wow thanks for the support.

It's great to know that software I've invested over 2 years in is now as useless as a nun's tit with the developers basically ignoring anybody that isn't paying for their hosted version.

Poor show guys.
  • just make the connections fallible then strip the silence

This should do it just tweak the numbers  and place at the numbers given
    #@ line250
    dj_live =mksafe(dj_live)
    dj_live=strip_blank(max_blank=30.,threshold=-45.,dj_live)

#@ line272
    master_dj = mksafe(master_dj)
    master_dj=strip_blank(max_blank=30.,threshold=-45.,master_dj)

You might find this valuable too
    # apt-get install --reinstall silan=0.3.2~trusty~sfo-1

to confirm that you still have airtime version.

# dpkg -s silan | grep Version
        Version: 0.3.2~trusty~sfo-1

To prevent Ubuntu breaking your Silan package again when you upgrade your server, you can fix the version of Silan to the sfo package using the apt-mark command:

#sudo apt-mark hold silan

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2016-11-03 10:16:12
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.