Stories get cut off
  • Hi all,

I installed Airtime a few days ago (2.5.2.1) on Ubuntu, everything works great.  One problem though ...
    If I read correctly, soundfiles are analysed for silence detection, and cues are set automaticly to prevent silence ?

Yesterday I brought my station online, and as we are a station with narrations (no music), there's a lot of "dramatic" silent space too.
    I noticed many stories are cut off early, probably due to silence detection ?

Can I turn this feature off ???
    For our station this is really an unwanted feature :)

Thanks for your kind support
  • 5 Comments sorted by
  • The trick is to toss " silan "
  • Addendum : I just checked the cue out timings, and nothing seems wrong with them. But I noticed someting imortant, wich is causing the problem, it's got something to do with cache/buffer I guess :

Airtime plays the first track completely till the end and starts the next track.
    The mediaplayer plays the first track, and gets behind ... still finishing the first track while Airtime already is transmitting the second track.
    The mediaplayer seems to notice it's behind as Airtime is already playing another track, so it skips the track without finishing it clean and starts the next track.

Help :) ... How can I fix this buffer ?
    Post edited by Sixten Tollet at 2016-09-19 05:30:58
  • I've noticed the same issue on my installation. If I go in to manually edit the tracks, I can see that they are not set to play the entire track, and then I have to manually drag the end of the play to the actual end of the track. I have to do this with each track. Which, of course, is quite inconvenient (and a reason that I've been mixing with Mixxx and then putting the hour-long mixes up instead). It would be nice to get some kind of fix for this!
  • Thanks Roger,

This solved the problem indeed.  After you mentioned "silan" I found out I was not the only one suffering from this.

This is how I solved it :

I check wich version was installed with silan | grep Version
    Downloaded the correct package to the server.
    Ran the following command from the console:
    dpkg -i silan_0.3.2-trusty-sfo-1_amd64.deb;sudo apt-mark hold silan;dpkg -s silan | grep Version

This will install the updated Silan package, put it on hold to prevent Ubuntu updates from overwriting it and finally display the current version.

Everything works smooth now
  • Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.