Could not select mounted google drive as source of airtime
  • Hello,
    I mounted google drive with google-drive-ocamlfuse but when
    the folder is mounted, it can't be selected as watched folders(not
    showing in list of selection).
    Could you please help me to work this out.
    Regards.
    Post edited by Hassan at 2016-08-30 07:46:48
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Bad idea friend...
  • Explain Please...
  • Airtime needs to analyze each and every file so using a cloud storage mechanism will likely get you into even more trouble than using abandoned software alone. Airtime.pro Premium includes 150gb of space. That's more than enough for literally months of unrepeated content.
  • You May want to read this

http://sourcefabric.booktype.pro/airtime-25-for-broadcasters/media-folders/
    paragraph

"If you specify a network drive as a media folder and that network becomes disconnected for any reason, Airtime's media monitor will flag the files as 'missing' in its database until the drive is reconnected. If those files are still missing at the time of the show, the broadcast output could be silenced."

now what you need to realized is that its best to mount  any files you need locally at the time of playout the files must be present to be queued (10 sec before playout is the default)

NOW NOT ALL STORAGE ARE are the same.
    Google drive is really a sync backup of your files its not really a storage for you to manipulate locally.

you maybe would need a remote drive  that you could mount locally with say sshfuse

try using this
    http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/how-to-mount-remote-directory-filesystems-with-sshfs-on-linux/

my time at the hospital ,taught me not to worry about anything .

So experiment if you not like Airtime try Rivendell its a masterpiece of software and then  use the remnants of Airtime as your backend

Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2016-09-06 19:01:20
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.