Airtime 2.5.2.1 and Apache2 mpm-event
  • I successfully installed Airtime 2.5.2.1 in Debian Jessie very easily. It is still a bit buggy and I had to restart the services a few times to make it work but so far so good.

The problem I have is when I swap to mpm-event to improve the server perfomance. 

So to say that I had to remove  php_admin_value upload_tmp_dir /tmp from the apache vhost file as it is not accepted by mpm-event.

Everything seemed to work as expected but then I realized I could not upload files. After checking logs I found out that the ini_get function was not returning the correct values, in this case upload_tmp_dir was returning empty so the temporary files were not created in /tmp/plupload but in /plupload. From this point everything else was failing so in the end, the file was not being moved to the organize folder to be detected by media-monitor.

Well, after solving this issue there were still some other problems, like liquidsoap not accepting the file as playable (so it is when I upload it with other airtime instances) then I quit and got back to mpm-prefork.

So the question is, did someone successfully installed airtime in mpm-event or mpm-worker?

Thanks !
    Post edited by Bashatee Radio at 2016-08-26 14:10:31
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • 2.5.2.1 is a broken release and isn't supported by Sourcefabric right now... so...