Can't Login to Complete Install
  • Running Mint 17.3 and attempting to install airtime 2.5.2.1. Ran the install script without incident (I have the typescript from it, but the forum won't allow me to upload it for some reason). When I try to log in from the web interface to complete the install I get this:

Couldn't establish a connection to the database! Please check your credentials and try again. PDO Exception: SQLSTATE[08006] [7] FATAL: password authentication failed for user "airtime" FATAL: password authentication failed for user "airtime"

I'm using the same userID and password that was in the install script. Postgres did not appear to have any issues with it. Any ideas?
  • 4 Comments sorted by
  • Okay, I think I can attach the typescript after removing the control codes. And apparently this forum only understands files by their extensions, which is kind of silly.
  • By the way, Postgre reports this version: (PostgreSQL) 9.3.13

• Hello! The version you installed isn't supported anymore and you're using the wrong distro regardless...
  • Interesting. It's the version that I downloaded from the website. And oddly, as the latest version, it added an out-of-date repository which reflected a non-existent directory on the SourceFabric site and which did not match my more recent system. Once I went to the SourceFabric repository site and saw that they had a more recent repository there, then changed the setting in my package manager, everything worked. So it sounds like the issue is with the installer from SourceFabric placing a non-existent repository in my software sources.