Find all .mp3s in a folder and move to .txt
  • Hi , Have successfully Installed Liquidsoap on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS , nOW i wan to direct my audio files in mp3s folder to playlist.txt Can someone guide me through Please.

Help....
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Please note you could just point your path to the directory but to have control over the playlist you want to either
    1. follow @Bashatee Radio  method here https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/16909/autodj-sweetest-seen-fake-or-real-for-a-good-deal-free-free-no-unexpected-autoplay

2.here is the one I used
    for a new playlist each time
    find /srv/backup/files/test -type f -iname "*.mp3" > /srv/backup/playout/playlist/autodj.m3u

so in your case it would be
    find /srv/backup/files/test -type f -iname "*.mp3" > /srv/backup/playout/playlist/myplaylist.txt

there is a whole lot of write up about space in name file name.Overall I use pyrenamer to change all my file names with underscore  or "-" 

why I use this.
    I found that if you use request dynamics and a playlist is remove liquidsoap go heywire

so I have a script which check if autodj.m3u exsist and if its missing it will temporarily create one .

Most people do not know that Liquidsoap can run a cron like script so here is my checker
    # This will ensure that if someone delete the playlist a new one is created

def maintbuilt_playlist()

command = "php /srv/backup/automation/autodj_php/startlist.php  > /dev/null 2>&1"
    #log(command)
    log(label="rebuilding playlist.AutoDj playlist is missing",level=5,command)
    system(command)      

end 
    exec_at (freq=180.,pred=({00h00m-23h59m}),maintbuilt_playlist)     

This script checks my playlist every 3 minutes and if its missing it rebuild it.
    That way should my playlist become empty a new one is created
    The load on the machine is negligible
    Good luck
    Post edited by Voisses Tech at 2016-07-20 13:49:26
    Anyone reading this a find it funny about my grammar , I make no apology ,Go get a translator.
    "The Problem with education today is that it takes a university degree to switch on a light bulb"
    "You learn from your mistakes but wise people learn from others mistakes avoid Making mistakes there is not sufficient rooms to make them"
    "Innuendo","If's","Assumptions" and "Fear" are for politician.Who,What,where,When and How are for those seeking knowledge and care about Humanity.
    "I might be in Mud but that does not Make me a Wild Hog(pig)"
    “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.”
    "The only thing that remains constant is change itself"
    May the force be with you,until our path or destiny bring us in tandem.