Airtime 2.5.2 easy installer is actually 2.5.1
  • Hey guys,

After many many problems with my other previous installs of airtime, the latest one resulting in a catastrophic database corruption, I decided to wipe my entire server, install a new OS (previously I'd been using deb wheezy, this time I've gone for UB 14.04) and then reinstall airtime etc

I've just tried running the easy install deb package at http://apt.sourcefabric.org/misc/airtime-easy-setup.deb which is supposed to be the latest available version 2.5.2, but after installing it it's actually v2.5.1?

I then tried running apt-get update / apt-get upgrade as per the instructions for upgrading an easy install and nothing to do with airtime is being updated whatsoever.

So I then tried updating manually by downloading the tarball and this resulted in two versions of airtime being installed and a whole smack of other errors.

Is it better to just wipe again and install using the manual installer?
    Post edited by Ade Hill at 2016-07-11 08:55:34
  • 1 Comment sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down RobbtRobbt
    If you want 2.5.2 then you will need to use the manual installer.

Airtime never released new debian files for the 2.5.2 release but there were a number of scheduling bugs that it resolved.

I'm currently working on a fork of what was the saas-dev branch, that I'm not sure if we will need to start a whole separate project for or can continue calling it airtime. It has a manual installer but there are still a number of components that need to be stripped out such as the billing code and quota. It's too experimental for me to recommend and I haven't posted it on github anywhere because I'm trying to see if there is any sort of consensus from other developers about how to proceed.