Cannot preview library tracks in Airtime Media
  • Hi guys,

I've used Airtime previously (in 2014 on Ubuntu 12.04) and never had an issue with it. This time in 2016 on Ubuntu 14 I've had a heap of problems. 

The main issue I have right now is with the library in Airtime. It will not preview songs. I cannot get it to play a song in the pop up window that appears in Google Chrome or Firefox. Click on the play button and it stops instantly after it attempt to play.

The library screen is also displaying their play times incorrectly. It scans the library but it shows most songs being less than 2 minutes long. Once you play the songs in a player like VLC the times change to be correct again in the library window. It's very odd. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

David
  • 2 Comments sorted by
  • I've worked out the issue. I need to update Silan. However, the apt-get command won't upgrade it. I could download it from the links in the post below but how do I install it and get it used in Airtime? Thanks

https://forum.sourcefabric.org/discussion/17273/bugfix-silan-packages-for-ubuntu-14-04-lts-trusty-now-available/p1?post#Form_Body
  • Cracked the library previewing problem. It was that the audio files were under a home directory and read only access to the files for everybody was not enabled. With read only access then the Airtime app will play the files. When it broadcasts and streams it doesn't matter so much, but when you want people to have a listen to a track before they select it for their show, it's a problem.